Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do

Assalam o Alaikum
    I have symptoms of ocd from my childhood.Nowadays i have a high ocd and depression.When i am leaving one thought the other thought come to hinder me from my way.It had taken away my happiness and i think myself too hard to live.Several Headaches.Nowadays i have fear of urine drops falling.I think there is urine coming all time.But when i go to do that it took sometimes to come.WHen i see there's is nothing.Secondly fear of madhiy falling.DOn't know its madhiy or urine drops.i don't want to wash them because i take lot time to wash to pure them.Hardly i sit on places.I am very depressed.

Re: What to do

Wa alaikum salam brother.

I read your post and am sorry to hear what is happening, that you have depression etc. Are there any self-help measures that you are taking medically to improve your condition?

I hope your condition improves soon and that you are well again.

Read Hasbunallahu wa ni'mal wakeel as much as you can.

May Allah give you complete cure from what you are suffering.

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

years ago i told my family but they ignored me.i was researching for depression many years but did not feel comfortable.then i came to jinn posession black magic there symptoms matched my illness.Then i came to ocd.I thought that i have ocd because its a satanic game and i know that its satan who whisper but i feel hard to remove that.loss of knowledge low result in studies.

Comment

Originally posted by Azmyr View Post
        years ago i told my family but they ignored me.i was researching for depression many years but did not feel comfortable.then i came to jinn posession black magic there symptoms matched my illness.Then i came to ocd.I thought that i have ocd because its a satanic game and i know that its satan who whisper but i feel hard to remove that.loss of knowledge low result in studies.
        Your family shouldve treated you way back then, but even at this stage something still can be done. Self diagnosis is not always accurate because so many causes can match the same symptoms, as you have discovered.

A psychologist will be able to evaluate your condition and if you go that route at least you will know whether it is really ocd or some other mental condition.

Depression can be treated medically as well. Treating it will lead to motivation to study better and retain what you have learnt.

Comment

i had gone to a doctor he said dont take depression medicine it will dry your mind.

Comment

i had gone to a doctor he said dont take depression medicine it will dry your mind.
            what about counselling? or some type of therapy?
            :inlove:

Comment

dont know about them but they cost.how can i.

Comment

Did this doctor give you any other solution or an alternative?

Comment

yes he does but it doesnt affect because of depression?

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Lark View Post
                    Did this doctor give you any other solution or an alternative?
                    I find some mental disorder in me.Concentration power became low.Would you do a favour for me?

Comment

Did the doctor not tell you what to do? What favour do you want?

Comment

:wswrwb: brother

I am sorry to hear your condition. It seems that your OCD has affected your daily life and also prayers. First, all I suggest is contact a psycholog as I don't know what the best treatment is for OCD. Second, I suggest that you read manzil or at least listen to manzil everyday. You may google up or there's also an app for this in Android. Third, if you can move forward to do morning and evening dhikr, that would be good.

Please see this thread
                        http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...-Evening-Dhikr

Fourth one, you have to have a determination to conquer your own thoughts. Whenever you're feeling paranoid, say to yourself "No, it's not real. It's just my thought. Nothing happens. Everything ia fine". Keep saying that on and on whenever that thought is coming. I also have a slight OCD. Whenever I am traveling I keep checking my wallet and phones in the fear that they might be missing. I sometimes feel tired of myself and I used to say that a lot and it's kinda help. I said to myself "if I shall lose, then let it be". I am still struggling though but that helps a bit. And the last one, is don't forget to pray that Allah heal you completely.

May Allah ease your pain.
                        Last edited by Mockingjay; 10-08-14, 02:31 PM.

They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it (61 : 8)

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Lark View Post
                          Did the doctor not tell you what to do? What favour do you want?
                          From his expressions , i think that depression is a illness which treated by Walking or talking with someone,eat healthy.I know good advice but I am so lazy in depression or ocd?

Comment

Originally posted by Mockingjay View Post
                            :wswrwb: brother

I am sorry to hear your condition. It seems that your OCD has affected your daily life and also prayers. First, all I suggest is contact a psycholog as I don't know what the best treatment is for OCD. Second, I suggest that you read manzil or at least listen to manzil everyday. You may google up or there's also an app for this in Android. Third, if you can move forward to do morning and evening dhikr, that would be good.

Please see this thread
                            http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...-Evening-Dhikr

Fourth one, you have to have a determination to conquer your own thoughts. Whenever you're feeling paranoid, say to yourself "No, it's not real. It's just my thought. Nothing happens. Everything ia fine". Keep saying that on and on whenever that thought is coming. I also have a slight OCD. Whenever I am traveling I keep checking my wallet and phones in the fear that they might be missing. I sometimes feel tired of myself and I used to say that a lot and it's kinda help. I said to myself "if I shall lose, then let it be". I am still struggling though but that helps a bit. And the last one, is don't forget to pray that Allah heal you completely.

May Allah ease your pain.
                            Nice advice sister.

Comment

Assalamu alaikum akhi!

How long have you had this? Does the intensity remain constant or does it worsen at certain times?

Personally when I was 13-14 years old I lapse into severe OCD. It wasn't always a problem but at times it could worsen. I totally relate to you. You cannot drop a though without investigation/thinking about it. Usually you create lists for the purpose of thinking over them. It can waste your mental strength. It took me some time to get over it but still I have some tiny symptoms, nothing compared to what it was before.

I would say you to fight the whispers. Do the opposite. Tell yourself with time this won't be an issue. Tell yourself that nothing matters in this world except your relationship with Allah. If you feel to check up on something do not do it. Do the opposite. Just do exactly the opposite and give the finger to the whispers and it'll soon go. If you feel like thinking about something insignificant recite Surah Fathiha and them give a point blank. Think of the light that explodes from the sun and fight the thoughts creeping in. Think that nothing exists in this world except Allah. Nothing. Fight it off till you know you have fought over the thought for the time.

I found it helped me if I socialize myself. Listen to the Koran being recited and feel the rhythm. Do exercises. Keep a routine to keep your body fit. Eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. Read some books that'll interest you. Meditate on nature and the sky at night. Just look at the skies and let your mind wonder...

But most importantly when the thoughts creep in say Allah is the only One who matters..nothing exists except Him..nothing matters. Accept the worst case scenario.
                              Last edited by Jihaaaaaaad; 10-08-14, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X