Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halal entertainment when burnt out?

:salams

As human beings, we get tired and find it hard to be doing acts of worship 24/7. Can you recommend some halal things to do while taking a break?
    [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"][FONT=Book Antiqua][CENTER][B][URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?459504-Immensely-rewarding-dhikr!!!&highlight="]IMMENSELY REWARDING DHIKR!!![/URL][/B][/CENTER][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR="#2F4F4F"][CENTER]Before you post, think..."Will this help me when I stand before Allah?" If it doesn't, then you're wasting time....[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Re: Halal entertainment when burnt out?

Sit and talk with the fam

Play games or a fun sport

Meet up with friends

Dunno...not creative enough

:wswrwb:

Comment

Get a wife ... lol
      How dare they challenge me with their primitive skills? They're just as good as dead

Comment

Originally posted by cho09082489 View Post
        Sit and talk with the fam
        Busy in their own world and nothing to talk about

Play games or a fun sport
        Video games have haram things in them and can't play sports due to following reason.

Meet up with friends
        Left my friends from school and don't keep any now that I'm in uni due their......"lifestyle" being too different from mine.

Dunno...not creative enough
        Neither am I
        Last edited by |Abdur Raheem|; 20-08-14, 11:57 AM.
        [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"][FONT=Book Antiqua][CENTER][B][URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?459504-Immensely-rewarding-dhikr!!!&highlight="]IMMENSELY REWARDING DHIKR!!![/URL][/B][/CENTER][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR="#2F4F4F"][CENTER]Before you post, think..."Will this help me when I stand before Allah?" If it doesn't, then you're wasting time....[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by Talwaar View Post
          Get a wife ... lol
          I would if I was independent. 5 long years of studying left.

Comment

Charities are constantly holding events for which they need things to sell. Learn a fun skill that is both recreational and can be donated when required e.g. art.

I would say jewellery making because I want to do that but I'm thinking you won't be into it

There is also the making of nice wooden boxes, people keep stuff in them...yeah, wooden boxes are cool

Comment

I think halo is quite fitna free. Just killing some aliens.
              6:62 "Then are they restored unto Allah, their Lord, the Just. Surely His is the judgment. And He is the most swift of reckoners."

Comment

Originally posted by Kalikatu View Post
                I think halo is quite fitna free. Just killing some aliens.
                Video games are mostly haram due to music or unnecessary violence so I'd stay away from that area....

Comment

physical activities are good
                  "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Gain knowledge. It doesnt have to be hardcore studying. Just by yourself like stories of the sahaba, tabi'een etc.

Umm learn how to cook.

Something like painting since you cant do sports.

Find friends who are on your level ygm even though this is probably harder than finding a spouse.

Oh to add to the knowledge part, fiqh al waqi (current events) not really entertainment but its important and a good way to use your time.

Comment

Originally posted by AdenWaAbyan View Post
                      Umm learn how to cook.
                      I need to do this before getting married. Will do more of this.

Comment

Archery, horse riding, swimming - all sunnah

Wrestling also
                        Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob Thabbit Qalbi Alaa Deenik
                        ( O changer of hearts, keep my heart steadfast on your deen)

www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by firestar101 View Post
                          Archery,
                          Can't do this in today's world. Want to do this in Jannah :D

Comment

Originally posted by Abdur Raheem :) View Post
                            Can't do this in today's world. Want to do this in Jannah :D
                            Who says

Yes you can. The place I went to for placement in Scottish highlands there was a company that had this as an activity

I heard of Islamic outings that involved this

So yes you can. Just search for it online

Buy equipment and go on a field and do it
                            Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob Thabbit Qalbi Alaa Deenik
                            ( O changer of hearts, keep my heart steadfast on your deen)

www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by firestar101 View Post
                              Who says

Yes you can. The place I went to for placement in Scottish highlands there was a company that had this as an activity

I heard of Islamic outings that involved this

So yes you can. Just search for it online

Buy equipment and go on a field and do it
                              Live in dubai. Not easy to do that kind of stuff here.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X