Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Am I rushing through wudu?

Originally posted by Abdur Raheem :) View Post
    Obviously. No one wants to pray soaking wet.
    Lol okay just making sure

Comment

1 minute.

Comment

There is hadith/evidence for making wudhu quickly so one part doesn't become dry before you finish. Of course it has to be done properly but taking an hour needs help

Also to note is that intention is important for wudhu and remember although drying yourself after wudhu is allowed every drop of water that falls after wudhu wipes away sins so if possible don't dry

Comment

Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post
          There is hadith/evidence for making wudhu quickly so one part doesn't become dry before you finish. Of course it has to be done properly but taking an hour needs help

Also to note is that intention is important for wudhu and remember although drying yourself after wudhu is allowed every drop of water that falls after wudhu wipes away sins so if possible don't dry
          Okay cool. So I'll just keep doing what I've been doing then.

I mostly wipe off my feet and my face after performing wudu since I don't want to get the floor wet and I don't want water dripping off my face lol. But I didn't know that part about wudu wiping away sins

Comment

a matter of seconds for me..... lol

Comment

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Wudu is worship, it shouldn't be rushed, where it is done in seconds.

If your wudu is perfect, then your salah will be as well.

عن أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ ـ صلى الله عليه وسلم ـ ‏ "‏ تَرِدُونَ عَلَىَّ غُرًّا مُحَجَّلِينَ مِنَ الْوُضُوءِ سِيمَاءُ أُمَّتِي لَيْسَ لأَحَدٍ غَيْرِهَا ‏"‏
              - Sunan Ibn Majah Book 37, Hadith 4423

وَعَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ ‏- رضى الله عنه ‏- قَالَ: سَمِعْتَ رَسُولَ اَللَّهِ ‏- صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏-يَقُولُ: { "إِنَّ أُمَّتِي يَأْتُونَ يَوْمَ اَلْقِيَامَةِ غُرًّا مُحَجَّلِينَ, مِنْ أَثَرِ اَلْوُضُوءِ, فَمَنْ اِسْتَطَاعَ مِنْكُمْ أَنْ يُطِيلَ غُرَّتَهُ فَلْيَفْعَلْ.‏ } مُتَّفَقٌ عَلَيْهِ, وَاللَّفْظُ لِمُسْلِم ٍ
              - Bulugh al-Maram 43

عَنْ نُعَيْمٍ الْمُجْمِرِ، قَالَ رَقِيتُ مَعَ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ عَلَى ظَهْرِ الْمَسْجِدِ، فَتَوَضَّأَ فَقَالَ إِنِّي سَمِعْتُ النَّبِيَّ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَقُولُ ‏ "‏ إِنَّ أُمَّتِي يُدْعَوْنَ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ غُرًّا مُحَجَّلِينَ مِنْ آثَارِ الْوُضُوءِ، فَمَنِ اسْتَطَاعَ مِنْكُمْ أَنْ يُطِيلَ غُرَّتَهُ فَلْيَفْعَلْ ‏"‏‏.‏

Narrated Nu`am Al-Mujmir:
              Once I went up the roof of the mosque, along with Abu Huraira. He perform ablution and said, "I heard the Prophet (ﷺ) saying, "On the Day of Resurrection, my followers will be called "Al-Ghurr-ul- Muhajjalun" from the trace of ablution and whoever can increase the area of his radiance should do so (i.e. by performing ablution regularly).'

Sahih al Bukhari - Book 4, Hadith 2

Comment

It takes me 8-10 minutes, however I don't waste water because i put the neccessary quantity in a bowl

Comment

I would be interested to see what someone is doing for 8 - 10 minutes! How is that even possible?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X