Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I rushing through wudu?

Asalamu alaikum

I've read on the internet that it takes some people a really long time do perform wudu. Someone on another forum say it takes an hour for him/her to do it. For me it takes 4 minutes, maybe 3. And yes I wash everything I'm supposed to. I don't want to waste water either, California is going through a drought.

Curious to know how long it takes you guys

Re: Am I rushing through wudu?

wa aalykum asalaam brightesthour,

yh, it takes me that amount of time too, maybe even less.
    'And when a thing for which you ask is slow to come,
    Then know that often through delay are gifts received'
    علي الحبشي

Comment

Originally posted by Sirius View Post
      wa aalykum asalaam brightesthour,

yh, it takes me that amount of time too, maybe even less.
      Coool :D

Title is wrong since I don't rush through it, but I didn't know if that was too fast for wudu and if it had to make me a bit longer

Comment

Originally posted by brightesthour View Post
        Asalamu alaikum

I've read on the internet that it takes some people a really long time do perform wudu. Someone on another forum say it takes an hour for him/her to do it. For me it takes 4 minutes, maybe 3. And yes I wash everything I'm supposed to. I don't want to waste water either, California is going through a drought.

Curious to know how long it takes you guys

It sounds like that person has OCD. 3 minutes is about right. It takes me maybe 2 minutes
        Allah sent down his tranquillity upon him and supported him with angels you did not see and made the word of those who disbelieved the lowest, while the word of Allah - that is the highest. And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

Comment

An HOUR?! :shock:

Comment

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

One shouldn't waste water. As Allah says

يَا بَنِي آدَمَ خُذُوا زِينَتَكُمْ عِندَ كُلِّ مَسْجِدٍ وَكُلُوا وَاشْرَبُوا وَلَا تُسْرِفُوا ۚ إِنَّهُ لَا يُحِبُّ الْمُسْرِفِينَ

"O children of Adam, take your adornment at every masjid, and eat and drink, but be not excessive. Indeed, He likes not those who commit excess."

- Al A'raf 31

عَنْ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ عَمْرٍو، أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ ـ صلى الله عليه وسلم ـ مَرَّ بِسَعْدٍ وَهُوَ يَتَوَضَّأُ فَقَالَ ‏"‏ مَا هَذَا السَّرَفُ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ فَقَالَ أَفِي الْوُضُوءِ إِسْرَافٌ قَالَ ‏"‏ نَعَمْ وَإِنْ كُنْتَ عَلَى نَهَرٍ جَارٍ ‏"‏ ‏.‏

It was narrated from 'Abdullah bin 'Amr that:
            The Messenger of Allah passed by Sa'd when he was performing ablution, and he said: 'What is this extravagance?' He said: 'Can there be any extravagance in ablution?' He said: 'Yes, even if you are on the bank of a flowing river.'"

- Ibn Majah Book 1, Hadith 460

Comment

Originally posted by Asma28 View Post
              An HOUR?! :shock:
              Yeah google "How long should wudu take" and a post should come up about it taking an hour. But like hadmatter said maybe the person has OCD and wants to be thorough.

Comment

Originally posted by szl View Post
                بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

One shouldn't waste water. As Allah says

يَا بَنِي آدَمَ خُذُوا زِينَتَكُمْ عِندَ كُلِّ مَسْجِدٍ وَكُلُوا وَاشْرَبُوا وَلَا تُسْرِفُوا ۚ إِنَّهُ لَا يُحِبُّ الْمُسْرِفِينَ

"O children of Adam, take your adornment at every masjid, and eat and drink, but be not excessive. Indeed, He likes not those who commit excess."

- Al A'raf 31

عَنْ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ عَمْرٍو، أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ ـ صلى الله عليه وسلم ـ مَرَّ بِسَعْدٍ وَهُوَ يَتَوَضَّأُ فَقَالَ ‏"‏ مَا هَذَا السَّرَفُ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ فَقَالَ أَفِي الْوُضُوءِ إِسْرَافٌ قَالَ ‏"‏ نَعَمْ وَإِنْ كُنْتَ عَلَى نَهَرٍ جَارٍ ‏"‏ ‏.‏

It was narrated from 'Abdullah bin 'Amr that:
                The Messenger of Allah passed by Sa'd when he was performing ablution, and he said: 'What is this extravagance?' He said: 'Can there be any extravagance in ablution?' He said: 'Yes, even if you are on the bank of a flowing river.'"

- Ibn Majah Book 1, Hadith 460
                That was informative. :jkk:

Comment

Just make sure all parts are fully wet otherwise the Wudhu is not walid. Also say "Bismillah" before you do so, otherwise it's not valid.
                  [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"][FONT=Book Antiqua][CENTER][B][URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?459504-Immensely-rewarding-dhikr!!!&highlight="]IMMENSELY REWARDING DHIKR!!![/URL][/B][/CENTER][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR="#2F4F4F"][CENTER]Before you post, think..."Will this help me when I stand before Allah?" If it doesn't, then you're wasting time....[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by Abdur Raheem :) View Post
                    Just make sure all parts are fully wet otherwise the Wudhu is not walid. Also say "Bismillah" before you do so, otherwise it's not valid.
                    Yep I've been saying Bismillah before wudu

Comment

Yep I've been saying Bismillah before wudu
                      Don't say it out loud if you're doing it in a bathroom. We cannot mention the name of Allah out loud in any toilet. Say it in your heart if you find yourself in that situation.
                      [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"][FONT=Book Antiqua][CENTER][B][URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?459504-Immensely-rewarding-dhikr!!!&highlight="]IMMENSELY REWARDING DHIKR!!![/URL][/B][/CENTER][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR="#2F4F4F"][CENTER]Before you post, think..."Will this help me when I stand before Allah?" If it doesn't, then you're wasting time....[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Don't say it out loud if you're doing it in a bathroom. We cannot mention the name of Allah out loud in any toilet. Say it in your heart if you find yourself in that situation.
                        Yep I know

This part confuses me though

"Also wipe down your hair, the back of your neck, and your temples. Do this one time."

How much of our hair are we supposed to get wet?

Comment

Regarding the hair you just need to wipe over it. You don't every inch of your hair to get wet. Your arms, face and feet should be completely wet. Not even a toenail's worth of space should be dry on those parts.

Comment

Regarding the hair you just need to wipe over it. You don't every inch of your hair to get wet. Your arms, face and feet should be completely wet. Not even a toenail's worth of space should be dry on those parts.
                            Okay cause I mostly get water and wipe it over my head but I don't go all the way back over the rest of my hair. Is it okay if I dry my toes or my arms after performing wudu before prayer? Cause sometimes there's a lot of water dripping lol

Comment

Okay cause I mostly get water and wipe it over my head but I don't go all the way back over the rest of my hair. Is it okay if I dry my toes or my arms after performing wudu before prayer? Cause sometimes there's a lot of water dripping lol
                              Obviously. No one wants to pray soaking wet.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X