• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooking using a Tagine

:salams

How do you do this?

Do we have any Moroccans here?

I feel like making Moroccan food....

inspired by the marrying a Moroccan thread ....

Can someone just give me a basic overview of what it is and what you do?
    وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Re: Cooking using a Tagine

Wa alakum salaam,

Do you have a tagine/tajine?

It's really simple only thing you need is meat or chicken and veggies.
    You need Moroccan spices called Rass el Hanout. To give it that Moroccan taste. :)
    My heart will go on

Comment

I was going to buy one, but didn't know what to do with it.....:/

What does Rass al henout have in it

And what do you do with meat and chicken

I will make it to my family's taste preferences...
      وَالْعَصْرِ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

There is so many different ways to cook a tagine and every region has his own recipe.

The basic spices are:

Cayenne pepper
        Black pepper
        Paprika
        Ground ginger
        Turmeric
        Cinnamon

It's your own preference what you like, chicken or meat and what kind of vegetables you like.
        Slice the meat in little peaches and the vegetables.

Will see if I can find you a good youtube video inshaAllah.
        My heart will go on

Comment

no garlic? I add garlic to everything...!!

Ive made cous cous before, that's nice alhumdollilah, but more as a side dish .
          وَالْعَصْرِ

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

no we only use garlic with fish dishes/tagine. Sometimes with chicken.

Moroccans don't use much garlic. Coriander & Unions are our mean ingredients.
            My heart will go on

Comment

is that fresh coriander or the seeds

Ive noticed you use lots of dried herbs too, is that right?

:jkk: video would be great
              وَالْعَصْرِ

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

coriander must be fresh!!! Only when you in the middle of no where and you can't get fresh you can use dry herbs :)

Let me look for the video after i finished cooking inshaAllah. I am cooking and on Ummah at the same time :p
                My heart will go on

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR7kECAp4a4

^ this just one way of making a tagine..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1khPJrE8Kis

^ this is on other way.. only for sisters this video. Uncovered woman.
                  You can watch more of her video's, she has many styles of tagine's
                  My heart will go on

Comment

I personally like tagine with potatoes. Do you know what kind of tajine you are going to make?
                    Allahumma ighfir lil muslimeena wal-muslimaat, wal-mu'mineena wal-mu'minaat, al-ahyaa'i minhom wal-amwat
                    If God grants me life, I shall see to it that even the lonely shepherd in the mountains of San’a shall have his share in the wealth of the community
                    Umar ibn al-Khaṭṭāb

Comment

Working...
                    X