Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go out and volunteer!

Salam,

I started volunteering at a youth organization last year. Initially I did it to get volunteer hours for scholarships, but I actually enjoyed it for the sake of helping others. Therefore, I urge everyone to go out and volunteer for a charity organization.

Not just Muslim, even those helping poverty-stricken non-Muslims. Just go out and volunteer! You'll feel purer in heart. Even if you're busy, go out and sign up for anything. I urge you, it's really fun.
    www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Re: Go out and volunteer!

Originally posted by Grimmjow View Post
    Salam,

I started volunteering at a youth organization last year. Initially I did it to get volunteer hours for scholarships, but I actually enjoyed it for the sake of helping others. Therefore, I urge everyone to go out and volunteer for a charity organization.

Not just Muslim, even those helping poverty-stricken non-Muslims. Just go out and volunteer! You'll feel purer in heart. Even if you're busy, go out and sign up for anything. I urge you, it's really fun.
    Can't leave my sofa and it is too hot.

Comment

yeah I'm also a volunteer and I must say those two hours of week voluneering have given me a new chapter in this life.
      وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

I want to volunteer before I start job searching so I'll gain some experience.

Not where to volunteer at though.

Comment

Originally posted by brightesthour View Post
          I want to volunteer before I start job searching so I'll gain some experience.

Not where to volunteer at though.
          Are there any charity organizations in your community? Or being a counselor at a day camp for kids?
          www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

:salams
            Agreed I've volunteered during upper school and Uni it's really fun :D
            I plan to do more volunteering even when I work. Pfft, weekend? more like volunteering >_>
            Pray. Fast. Zakat. Pilgrimage. Allah.

Comment

Greetings and peace be with you Grimmjow;

Volunteering is very special, and I highly recommend everyone to volunteer, there are just so many benefits. I believe I was unfairly sacked from my care job at the tender age of 62, I walked into another job the following day, mainly because of the voluntary work I had been doing before.

Since being sacked, I have also done about a thousand hours voluntary work for the company that gave me the sack, strangely enough they approached me and offered me another part time job, so I do a paid job and voluntary job with them still.

Life seems very strange at times

In the spirit of searching for some sanity

Eric

Comment

volunteering makes you feel warm inside.
                'And when a thing for which you ask is slow to come,
                Then know that often through delay are gifts received'
                علي الحبشي

Comment

Originally posted by Grimmjow View Post
                  Salam,

I'm on it, I'm on it, have my application form ready to fill in, just waiting for last exam to pass.

So excited !!! :inlove:
                  Gone with the wind.

Comment

Working...
                  X