X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Muslim, Women, and Working...

Originally posted by QMU View Post
    OK.

What men treat them as lesser-being? - I do not think men make them comments - the 'she is front of the TV all day' comments actually comes from women who are pro-working - saying we have nothing to do at home etc etc - The only time men say that they are outworking all day is and say they - when it comes to helping around the house in the evenings/weekends.
    Ok SERIOUSLY dude, step out of that little bubble you call a life and actually go out some time. A LOT of them make comments like that, do you know how i know - BECAUSE I HEAR THEM SAYING IT!

so no offence but you really shouldn't make conclusions based on what you 'think' people do, as that clearly is not a strong point of yours

Clarified!
    how so? oh thats right, in your head everything is clarified.

Comment

Originally posted by Asma28 View Post
      Ok SERIOUSLY dude, step out of that little bubble you call a life and actually go out some time. A LOT of them make comments like that, do you know how i know - BECAUSE I HEAR THEM SAYING IT!

so no offence but you really shouldn't make conclusions based on what you 'think' people do, as that clearly is not a strong point of yours

how so? oh thats right, in your head everything is clarified.
      woooah lady clam down :)
      وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
        woooah lady clam down :)
        sorry but i'm just so tired of reading comments like that 'i don't think... therefore i must be right' urrrgghhh so many ignorant people in the world!

Comment

Originally posted by Asma28 View Post
          sorry but i'm just so tired of reading comments like that 'i don't think... therefore i must be right' urrrgghhh so many ignorant people in the world!
          Its not our job to rectify or enlighten the world

Their thoughts, their world.

Im sure we are no less ignorant in another area of things.
          وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Originally posted by Salman Al-Farsi View Post
            I don't think we should personalise this discussion because not everyone is in the same situation.

Some sisters not married or not having children may find that their time at home does drag, esp living in big family or those living as a couple .. how much house wokr can there be. I agree, having children changes everything, esp when they are baby they need thier mum more than anything and very few women would choose work over that unless out of necessity! You also get women who live with in-laws where there is alot of help with children and not much housework!

So we have to keep everything in mind.
            True, it's not a black and white issue. Everyone's situation is different.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZVEydn3RKk

Comment

Working...
            X