Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Needle exchange programmes in Muslim countries - yay or nay ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needle exchange programmes in Muslim countries - yay or nay ?

:salams

Many Western countries use strategies that target different population groups who use drugs.

One of these strategy is the 'needle exchange program'

Basically the focus is not on stopping users from using (they have bypassed that stage) but rather to minimize the harms associated with using drugs, not only individual harm but also public harm.

Users are provided with clean/sterilised syringes and educated on safe injecting, equipment disposal, safe sex and referred to treatment facilities if they are willing. Studies show that the needle exchange as a harm reduction strategy is effective in reducing rate of HIV and Hepatitis C.

Anyway, the discussion is, do you think such programs should be set up in Muslim countries? Yes or no and why?

Looking forward to all your inputs! :jkk:
    Gone with the wind.

Re: Needle exchange programmes in Muslim countries - yay or nay ?

Nope
    They say good things come to those who wait, so imma be at least an hour late

Comment

Originally posted by ibzy View Post
      Nope
      why not?
      Gone with the wind.

Comment

Chopping head off of the drug lord is a much better policy. For the youth who use it, lashing or even death sentence is better.

Comment

Originally posted by mamun07 View Post
          Chopping head off of the drug lord is a much better policy. For the youth who use it, lashing or even death sentence is better.
          is that allowed under shariah law? chopping head off drug lords, that is.

Also death sentences for drug use, a little extreme, no? why not try to help them stop?
          O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

Not sure about the Shari' ruling but I think Saudis execute the drug dealers and probably users as well.

Also, can't remember off the top of my head, there are other countries that execute for drug use, Indonesia and Singapore if my memory serves correctly.

Comment

Not sure about the Shari' ruling but I think Saudis execute the drug dealers and probably users as well.

Also, can't remember off the top of my head, there are other countries that execute for drug use, Indonesia and Singapore if my memory serves correctly.
              ohhh interesting. :jkk:
              O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

No because muslim countries execute drug dealers. If western countries started doing the same I've got no doubt drug use would drop significantly.

Comment

China execute u if ur carrying

Comment

Originally posted by Hadid View Post
                    No because muslim countries execute drug dealers. If western countries started doing the same I've got no doubt drug use would drop significantly.
                    do Muslim countries execute users as well or just dealers?

What happens to users?

==========

Anyway, I personally think programs like this are good way to help protect the population but may encourage the user to keep using,
                    since the harm to them is minimized and they are provided with the equipment they need to keep using.
                    Gone with the wind.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel101 View Post
                      do Muslim countries execute users as well or just dealers?

What happens to users?

I don't know exactly but I highly doubt it's the same punishment for users.

Comment

In a hypothetical scenario:

if that particular country's statistics are showing that there is high rate of drug use and there needs to be a solution then I don't see why not? If using this programme will help to minimise the amount of people taking drugs then I guess I would say yay!
                        'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X