Shootings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shootings

Gun crime is rare in the uk bt still in my neighbourhood, the father of 1 of my pupils was shot 3 yrs ago & he's paralysed now:( It was a revenge attack cos his sons beat som1 up (prolly a drug dispute) so his sons were the target bt they fled to pakistan.

In a separate case, a local taxi driver went to colleCt his fare & he got shot by his passenger. This stuff was unheard of when I was growing up.
    The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
      Gun crime is rare in the uk bt still in my neighbourhood, the father of 1 of my pupils was shot 3 yrs ago & he's paralysed now:( It was a revenge attack cos his sons beat som1 up (prolly a drug dispute) so his sons were the target bt they fled to pakistan.

In a separate case, a local taxi driver went to colleCt his fare & he got shot by his passenger. This stuff was unheard of when I was growing up.
      Yeah its supposedly 'rare' in the uk but most of the gang related deaths are caused by shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by Asma28 View Post
        Yeah its supposedly 'rare' in the uk but most of the gang related deaths are caused by shooting.
        Yeh fair point. There was an article in the local paper about a very well known local drug gang being convicted and some of the comments under the article were saying that if you look up the gang members facebook photos, you'd see them posing with guns. I've not seen those pics for myself but heard rumours about it and it wouldn't surprise me. Also a few days ago a guy in my local town centre was chased by police- he threw a bag in a bin whilst he was running, but eventually police caught him and found the bag, the bag contained cocaine and a gun.... I don't think he's connected to the same gang the paper reported on though so again, separate incident.
        The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by Sheikh_Google View Post
          Ok that's good just don't want the people from the UK to get a negative impression about Canada...
          We already know Canadians are boring.

Are there more murders these days or is it a case of them being publicised more?

Comment

Originally posted by Tide2006 View Post
            I shot a gun once at a gun range, sliced my thumb open >.>

Yes, I managed to cut myself with a gun....
            My guess is you were firing a semi-automatic. Slide shot back when you fired, part of your thumb caught in it as it returned to position because your hand was too high up and not correctly on the grip.

Never happened to me before but they teach you about that if you get training.
            والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

Originally posted by علي View Post
              My guess is you were firing a semi-automatic. Slide shot back when you fired, part of your thumb caught in it as it returned to position because your hand was too high up and not correctly on the grip.

Never happened to me before but they teach you about that if you get training.
              Correct except it was just a small handgun...held the gun with my right hand and used my left hand to hold it firm so it would not jolt out of my hand...

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
                We already know Canadians are boring.
                Thanks.... :p

With this New Brunswick shooting I am sure the same things will be brought up again in gun control.

Comment

Originally posted by MichelleAmeena View Post
                  Thanks.... :p

With this New Brunswick shooting I am sure the same things will be brought up again in gun control.
                  Ahh I feel bad for the kids. One of the officers had a pregnant wife.
                  www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

I've become desensitized by all the shootings here in the US. Whenever a new one happens I can't even be shocked anymore, it's like the norm now. Pretty sad

Comment

Originally posted by brightesthour View Post
                      I've become desensitized by all the shootings here in the US. Whenever a new one happens I can't even be shocked anymore, it's like the norm now. Pretty sad
                      yeh im like "meh wat else is new"

Comment

Originally posted by *Aisha* View Post
                        yeh im like "meh wat else is new"

A country is decrepit when their own citizens respond like this. (not insulting you, just state of the country)

Comment

Originally posted by Grimmjow View Post
                          Im actually conflicted on my opinion. I don't know the Islamic position on if I were to base it on my present opinion:

Guns just scare me. If you are unknowledgable about how to operate a gun, you could blow your face off for all you know, which is why its really iffy for me for a person to have a gun in the house; especially with children. And to know almost anyone can get a gun and start shooting people whenever, wherever.

However, people can defend themselves in cases of necessity. I remember reading a story about a shooter in a school who was killed by a teacher with a gun when the shooter entered their classroom. ( This was somewhere else in the world besides North America, Im sure)

So yeah......Im conflicted. What about you
                          I don't know the islamic point of view but if i lived in America i would be a licensed gun owner most likely, i think the government needs to put stricter regulations on who can own and operate a gun. Keep in mind i don't believe guns kill people, people kill people. Guns are a popular choice because they are quick and easy to kill many targets and thats why it's the preferred choice. People get stabbed, run over by cars and die all the time, it's just never on the news, what are we going to do ban cars and knives?

Legally or illegally guns can be attained if some psycho wants to get hold of one and wants to go on a bloody rampage, at the same time they target innocent students in colleges and universities mostly because many adults don't carry guns in that type of atmosphere, so no hero stories there, that teacher that you mentioned is a exception i can tell you that.

In america if someone threatens you the police don't take any action until an act of violence has occurred, well most people die before the cops respond anyways, you need a gun to defend yourself or to protect others.

The gun violence that occurs in schools are always highlighted in the media because it boosts their ratings, toying with people's emotions.

I remember reading a long time a go and don't remember the exact numbers but i believe gun deaths in america was like 25,000, alcohol related 90,000 and tobacco the big one 435,000 per year , at the same time alcohol and smoking is by choice and getting shot by a random bullet isn't.

Do not invest your hopes in anyone but Allah and do not fear anything but the consequences and repercussions of your sins!

Uthmaan R.A

Comment

Originally posted by Grimmjow View Post
                            A country is decrepit when their own citizens respond like this. (not insulting you, just state of the country)
                            I agree with this statement, if that happened to a loved one or someone you know personally, nobody would just brush it off that easily.

Do not invest your hopes in anyone but Allah and do not fear anything but the consequences and repercussions of your sins!

Uthmaan R.A

Comment

Originally posted by Sheikh_Google View Post
                              I don't know the islamic point of view but if i lived in America i would be a licensed gun owner most likely, i think the government needs to put stricter regulations on who can own and operate a gun. Keep in mind i don't believe guns kill people, people kill people. Guns are a popular choice because they are quick and easy to kill many targets and thats why it's the preferred choice. People get stabbed, run over by cars and die all the time, it's just never on the news, what are we going to do ban cars and knives?

Legally or illegally guns can be attained if some psycho wants to get hold of one and wants to go on a bloody rampage, at the same time they target innocent students in colleges and universities mostly because many adults don't carry guns in that type of atmosphere, so no hero stories there, that teacher that you mentioned is a exception i can tell you that.

In america if someone threatens you the police don't take any action until an act of violence has occurred, well most people die before the cops respond anyways, you need a gun to defend yourself or to protect others.

The gun violence that occurs in schools are always highlighted in the media because it boosts their ratings, toying with people's emotions.

I remember reading a long time a go and don't remember the exact numbers but i believe gun deaths in america was like 25,000, alcohol related 90,000 and tobacco the big one 435,000 per year , at the same time alcohol and smoking is by choice and getting shot by a random bullet isn't.
                              That's an interesting point of view. I enjoyed reading that.

Well, there will be way more discussions in the media about this. So we can only wait to see what comes.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X