Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shootings

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Shootings

    Is it me, or is that every time I turn on the news, theres reports of somebody taking a gun and just shooting at a bunch of people. I cant even count how many shootings I heard about this year. Theres like one every month. This kinda applies mostly in the US or Canada, so if you live elsewhere, it may not happen as much in your parts.

    I remember reading a hadith that a sign of the end times was more murder. Its quite scary.

    What are your thoughts
    www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

  • #2
    Re: Shootings

    A lot of it is caused by mental illness. These ignorant fools in the U.S are more fixated on banning guns rather than focusing on mental health. They act like without guns that people who want to harm others won't harm anyone..:wacko:

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Shootings

      Originally posted by Grimmjow View Post
      Is it me, or is that every time I turn on the news, theres reports of somebody taking a gun and just shooting at a bunch of people. I cant even count how many shootings I heard about this year. Theres like one every month. This kinda applies mostly in the US or Canada, so if you live elsewhere, it may not happen as much in your parts.

      I remember reading a hadith that a sign of the end times was more murder. Its quite scary.

      What are your thoughts
      Please get your facts straight, Canada and gun shootings are almost non existent compared to America.

      Chicago had like 460 homicide murders last year compared to 40 in Toronto, the numbers maybe off by 5 or 10 max.

      Do not invest your hopes in anyone but Allah and do not fear anything but the consequences and repercussions of your sins!

      Uthmaan R.A

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Shootings

        Originally posted by Sheikh_Google View Post
        Please get your facts straight, Canada and gun shootings are almost non existent compared to America.

        Chicago had like 460 homicide murders last year compared to 40 in Toronto, the numbers maybe off by 5 or 10 max.
        I live in Canada. I read that there was a shooting in Moncton today. That's why I included it; just to say that there are shootings in these two countries. I also put it because we hear all about the American shootings. I wasn't too sure people in Britain and other places heard about it; so that's why I said it mostly applies here because our news report it the most.

        I know its nothing compared to America, but I do have my facts straight
        www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Shootings

          Yeah it's mainly just the US, it's becoming like a national treasure over there!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Shootings

            Originally posted by Grimmjow View Post
            I live in Canada. I read that there was a shooting in Moncton today. That's why I included it; just to say that there are shootings in these two countries. I also put it because we hear all about the American shootings. I wasn't too sure people in Britain and other places heard about it; so that's why I said it mostly applies here because our news report it the most.

            I know its nothing compared to America, but I do have my facts straight
            Ok that's good just don't want the people from the UK to get a negative impression about Canada, sky is the difference when it comes to gun violence between the two nations, the weapon of choice in Canada is the Knife, more painful if you ask me.

            The next generation of guns are smart guns, have you heard about them?

            Do not invest your hopes in anyone but Allah and do not fear anything but the consequences and repercussions of your sins!

            Uthmaan R.A

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Shootings

              Smart guns?

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Shootings

                Originally posted by Sheikh_Google View Post
                Ok that's good just don't want the people from the UK to get a negative impression about Canada, sky is the difference when it comes to gun violence between the two nations, the weapon of choice in Canada is the Knife, more painful if you ask me.

                The next generation of guns are smart guns, have you heard about them?
                Yeah, Canada is pretty peaceful haha.

                I just searched on them. It sounds very interesting; would definitely help prevent all those children accidentally shooting their siblings with their parents guns.

                This gun control debate has been going on for a while after each shooting. In fact, this guy sent a letter to a parent of one of the Sandy Hook Children, which said that her dead kid did not overthrow his constitutional right for a gun. This is a pretty heated issue where basic human politeness goes out the window.
                www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Shootings

                  Originally posted by Grimmjow View Post
                  Yeah, Canada is pretty peaceful haha.

                  I just searched on them. It sounds very interesting; would definitely help prevent all those children accidentally shooting their siblings with their parents guns.

                  This gun control debate has been going on for a while after each shooting. In fact, this guy sent a letter to a parent of one of the Sandy Hook Children, which said that her dead kid did not overthrow his constitutional right for a gun. This is a pretty heated issue where basic human politeness goes out the window.
                  We are the ideal place to live :)

                  It is interesting but at the same time you have to look at how reliable it is and can someone operate a gun configured this way is the question. Nonetheless I am waiting for this technology to be rolled out and it would be interesting because they might even legislatively mandate it for every gun.

                  So are you for it or against the right to bare arms?

                  When your loved one's die, there's no barrier or limit you would cross while in painful grief.

                  Do not invest your hopes in anyone but Allah and do not fear anything but the consequences and repercussions of your sins!

                  Uthmaan R.A

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Shootings

                    I would agree with the great place to live :)

                    To bare arms is hard. Having a brother in the TO police I hear what he sees and if those get in the wrong hands what happens. He on the other hand says guns will always be available to those who want them, if they go through the right channels or not is the problem.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Shootings

                      Originally posted by MichelleAmeena View Post
                      I would agree with the great place to live :)

                      To bare arms is hard. Having a brother in the TO police I hear what he sees and if those get in the wrong hands what happens. He on the other hand says guns will always be available to those who want them, if they go through the right channels or not is the problem.
                      That's what it boils down to, the purpose of guns?

                      - to kill people
                      - to save people
                      - protects people from foreign invasion
                      - helps people hunt for animals in areas where they have to hunt the animal and kill it first before they get to eat it, etc


                      The problem is when crazy evil people get their hands on it and kill innocent human beings.

                      Do not invest your hopes in anyone but Allah and do not fear anything but the consequences and repercussions of your sins!

                      Uthmaan R.A

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Shootings

                        I agree the problem is when those crazy evil people get their hands on the guns innocent get hurt.

                        The farm girl in me wants to trust all and say they don't need to be monitored and all will be ok if we say you can bare arms. On the hand knowing that evil is out there and shootings are happening so frequently now something has to be put into place.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Shootings

                          Originally posted by MichelleAmeena View Post
                          I agree the problem is when those crazy evil people get their hands on the guns innocent get hurt.

                          The farm girl in me wants to trust all and say they don't need to be monitored and all will be ok if we say you can bare arms. On the hand knowing that evil is out there and shootings are happening so frequently now something has to be put into place.
                          They have been trying to come up with solutions for the longest time, first we heard that universal background checks would fix the problem and than waiting times on purchases, the NSA i believe said if they had a list of approved guns people would be safe, yeah right. Also than the ten round magazine capacity and the list goes on.

                          Politicians feel like they have to appear to be doing something every time a tragedy strikes so they move on to the next big idea, all these rules set in place but they still can never stop certain individuals.

                          Do not invest your hopes in anyone but Allah and do not fear anything but the consequences and repercussions of your sins!

                          Uthmaan R.A

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Shootings

                            Originally posted by Sheikh_Google View Post
                            We are the ideal place to live :)

                            It is interesting but at the same time you have to look at how reliable it is and can someone operate a gun configured this way is the question. Nonetheless I am waiting for this technology to be rolled out and it would be interesting because they might even legislatively mandate it for every gun.

                            So are you for it or against the right to bare arms?

                            When your loved one's die, there's no barrier or limit you would cross while in painful grief.
                            Im actually conflicted on my opinion. I don't know the Islamic position on if I were to base it on my present opinion:

                            Guns just scare me. If you are unknowledgable about how to operate a gun, you could blow your face off for all you know, which is why its really iffy for me for a person to have a gun in the house; especially with children. And to know almost anyone can get a gun and start shooting people whenever, wherever.

                            However, people can defend themselves in cases of necessity. I remember reading a story about a shooter in a school who was killed by a teacher with a gun when the shooter entered their classroom. ( This was somewhere else in the world besides North America, Im sure)


                            So yeah......Im conflicted. What about you
                            www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Shootings

                              Originally posted by Grimmjow View Post
                              Im actually conflicted on my opinion. I don't know the Islamic position on if I were to base it on my present opinion:

                              Guns just scare me. If you are unknowledgable about how to operate a gun, you could blow your face off for all you know,
                              I shot a gun once at a gun range, sliced my thumb open >.>

                              Yes, I managed to cut myself with a gun....

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X