Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Young generation have NO MANNERS

hello,

i notice that young people have no manners. they should all be sent to obediance school and beat with whips and hunters (i prefer bamboo sticks). they need manners. i see adolecent boys give girls piggy back rides , what is all this about? why they no have any disciplin?

in my old country they hit you with a ruler and pull your hair (this is why I is bald now). They beat you with a stick too if you get unruly. kids should be hit like they used to. Now these school adminstrators say hitting is 'abuse'...hahah, what horse waste!

i miss the old country.
    Please Re-update your Signature

Exactly where was this "old country"?

I may have to change my travel plans.

Comment

the old country was where i grew up...some where between Broadway and 42th street New YOrk.

Comment

That type of punishment was popular in the Midwestern Roman Catholic schools that my parents attended in the 1940's and 50's...but I would never allow another adult to touch my own children.

Comment

Mariam, I can recall a time when school punishments were common near where I had grown up. I went to a Montessori preschool in Pakistan and the teachers didn't hesitate in hitting their students with rulers, sticks, or what not. I can't remember much, seeing that I was very young, but I do remember that the teacher pulled my hair too (as did Mota_Saab's teacher).

This is rather paradoxical, considering that Maria Montessori was an education reformer and probably would have dispised such behavior, which would convienently be called "child abuse" today.

Comment

Maria Montessori must have rolled over in her grave.

They obviously were using her name only, not her philosophy.

Comment

.... "Monterssaios" phiosphy was in conflict with Islamic teaching..........

besides...sever hitting may be condemned...
              but one cannot rule out the nessesity of resorting to it at schools.
              it had been a norm in Muslim schools way back in histroy as well.

...Mota Sahab..ur pretty much rite....young ppl are loosing manners...
              much of the blame goes on media..

Comment

.... "Monterssaios" phiosphy was in conflict with Islamic teaching..........
                How so? I thought the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said that the strong man was the one who withheld his hand when anger struck him.

Besides, Islam condones educational reform. Slaves were set free upon teaching 10 kids how to read/write.

Comment

Originally posted by Mota_Saab
                  hello,

i notice that young people have no manners. they should all be sent to obediance school and beat with whips and hunters (i prefer bamboo sticks). they need manners. i see adolecent boys give girls piggy back rides , what is all this about? why they no have any disciplin?

in my old country they hit you with a ruler and pull your hair (this is why I is bald now). They beat you with a stick too if you get unruly. kids should be hit like they used to. Now these school adminstrators say hitting is 'abuse'...hahah, what horse waste!

i miss the old country.
                  Not all young people are like that... I don't think I'm too bad :D
                  .: Anna :.

Comment

Ahmedsyed....
                    well.....i dont know much abt the Montessori philosphy in total..
                    but what i know ..a part of it conflicts with Islamic teachings..

Montessori philosphy said that children should be educated/taught in an environemtn where there are no restriction on ther behaviour/manners they should be freely alowed to do whatever they want......

now obviously this is in conflict with Islamic teachings.....because if a child is indulging into wrong manners he is suppose to be corrected and taught good moral and good manners as well.....

On the use of pysical force in education fro punshement, it is allowed as far a i know.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X