how do you surpass your wife religiously

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you surpass your wife religiously

Pickthall: Men are in charge of women, because Allah hath made the one of them to excel the other, and because they spend of their property (for the support of women). So good women are the obedient, guarding in secret that which Allah hath guarded. As for those from whom ye fear rebellion, admonish them and banish them to beds apart, and scourge them. Then if they obey you, seek not a way against them. Lo! Allah is ever High, Exalted, Great.
    Yusuf Ali: Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (Next), refuse to share their beds, (And last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them Means (of annoyance): For Allah is Most High, great (above you all).
    Does this verse hold true if the woman earns more than the man?

How exactly do you beat your wife islamically?

The logic of the translation states two reasons why men are in charge of woman. One is because of strength, maybe physical maybe mental, the other is due to having more wealth with which he supports the woman and family. But what would happen if the woman was a GP who was also a bodybuilder, she would be stronger physically, more intelligent and have wealth to support herself and family. Would the man still be in charge islamically. Or Islamically would you avoid marrying such a woman UNLESS you were wealthier and stronger?
    Salaams, I understand this is a religious forum and as a result their may be some very religious folk or sensitive folk on here. As I result I need to ask that my comments/posts if found offensive in anyway then please dont read them otherwise take with a pinch of salt. I do not wish to get into a serious argument over religious issues which I believe are either black or white.

Re: how do you beat your wife religiously

i read that as how do u beat ur wife up ...
    O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

please read this
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhetorical_question
      Salaams, I understand this is a religious forum and as a result their may be some very religious folk or sensitive folk on here. As I result I need to ask that my comments/posts if found offensive in anyway then please dont read them otherwise take with a pinch of salt. I do not wish to get into a serious argument over religious issues which I believe are either black or white.

Comment

dp
        Last edited by Mockingjay; 02-06-14, 01:07 PM.

They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it (61 : 8)

Comment

Please check the tafsir here http://www.qtafsir.com/

They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it (61 : 8)

Comment

Originally posted by sabah suleiman View Post
            i read that as how do u beat ur wife up ...
            :rotfl:
            With a miswaak
            *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

Comment

Re: how do you surpass your wife religiously

Originally posted by rafhelp View Post
              How exactly do you beat your wife islamically?
              Read up on it, theres no actual beating involved. it just says the word 'beat' in the Qu'ran and therefore people misconstrue it but if they bothered to read up on it properly you are not allowed to raise your hand to your wife, not allowed to cause any pain to her, not allowed to leave any marks on her, not allowed to bruise or hurt her in any way

Think of a dish cloth, something as light as that you are allowed to 'beat' her with.

In other words if you got angry at your wife and decided to whack her with a dish cloth its not considered a sin.

lol

Good point though, what if she was the bread winner and physically stronger.

Plus what if the male was not as pious a muslim as the Qu'ran passage has assumed all muslim men would be?

They are talking about the woman being a rebellion, erm what if her husband was the one rebelling?
              Last edited by wizard01; 02-06-14, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Re: how do you surpass your wife religiously

One of my Mashaaikh interprets this beautifully.

He say that his interpretation is that on the DofJ when both the husband and wife are both taken account off, it should be that his favours, mercy and kindness upon her should be more than hers over him.
                وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Working...
                X