who are your mahrams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who are your mahrams?

I don't think I have a mahram. But I'm not sure. I'm the only Muslim in my family so I don't know who would classify as one for me???

Re: who are your mahrams?

I always thought a mahram was a male relative, regardless if they are Muslim or not.

I'm probably wrong though

Comment

Who is a Mahram?http://www.daruliftaa.com/node/5985?txt_QuestionID

Comment

:salams

Your close male relatives can be non-Muslim, but still be mahram.
        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
        - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by brightesthour View Post
          I always thought a mahram was a male relative, regardless if they are Muslim or not.

I'm probably wrong though
          wali (guardian when you get married) has to be muslim but not mahram

Comment

I think you confused Wali (guardian) with mahram.

A mahram is a relative whom you can never marry. Ex. fathers, brothers, and everyone else szl described above. Even if your father isn't muslim, he is your mahram because you're blood relatives.

A wali is your guardian who facilitates your marriage. They have to be a male Muslim (usually the father). If no male in your family is Muslim, the local imam can be your wali.
            www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Seems like you have got a very detailed response above by the brother to explain.
              I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

:salams
                :jkk: SO glad this was asked, I keep getting confused on who my Mahrams are but now I know!

Comment

Slightly off topic, can a man hug and kiss his mother in law? Her being the mahram of course.

Do not invest your hopes in anyone but Allah and do not fear anything but the consequences and repercussions of your sins!

Uthmaan R.A

Comment

Originally posted by Sheikh_Google View Post
                    Slightly off topic, can a man hug and kiss his mother in law? Her being the mahram of course.
                    Question

Can a 25 year old son-in-law hug his 58 year old mother-in-law? Can they handshake each other?

Answer

A son-in-law is a Mahram to his mother-in-law and there is no observance of Hijaab between them. It is also important to point out that if the son-in-law or mother-in-law experiences passion while hugging one another, that will fall in the category of incest which will result in her daughter’s marriage being invalidated. It is, therefore, important for the mother-in-law and son-in-law to conduct themselves in a modest way.

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Mufti Ebrahim Desai
                    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                      Question

Can a 25 year old son-in-law hug his 58 year old mother-in-law? Can they handshake each other?

Answer

A son-in-law is a Mahram to his mother-in-law and there is no observance of Hijaab between them. It is also important to point out that if the son-in-law or mother-in-law experiences passion while hugging one another, that will fall in the category of incest which will result in her daughter’s marriage being invalidated. It is, therefore, important for the mother-in-law and son-in-law to conduct themselves in a modest way.

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Mufti Ebrahim Desai
                      Jazakallah Khairan, so the key words are "if they experience passion"

Do not invest your hopes in anyone but Allah and do not fear anything but the consequences and repercussions of your sins!

Uthmaan R.A

Comment

Working...
                      X