Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper clothing for prayer

Asalamu Alaikum

I'm going to try and do the Maghrib prayer and Isha prayer tonight but this is still bothering me....I don't have proper clothing for prayer. But I do have loose fitting pajamas and a sweater I could wear to cover my hair, would that be okay? I mean the pajamas are really loose so I don't see why that wouldn't be okay, and would I need to cover my feet as well?

It's gonna be hard to wear those pajamas with my family lurking about but I think I can do it since during most of the prayer times I'm alone (except for Maghrib and Isha).

And I was asking Sirius this so don't take offense Sirius :p lol I just thought of the whole pajama thing when we got off Skype and I'd like to hear different opinions.

Sometimes new Muslims need to make makeshift hijabs lol.

Oh and can I also read off of a paper while I'm doing the prayers? I'm a newbie
    Last edited by brightesthour; 02-06-14, 02:03 AM.

Re: Proper clothing for prayer

This brings up another question...

Why do men and women need to dress modestly when they pray when they are in their homes? I can see if they are out in public or a masjid but when they are home Allah sees us in our not so modest clothes anyways (since we don't have to wear hijab at home).

Comment

When I first converted I wore (for prayer) a regular winter scarf orone of those triangle shrugs (hijab can be any scarf that covers), a floor length skirt or baggy sweat pants, and a long sweater.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Comment

السلام عليكم

"As long as the clothes she is wearing covers her awra properly, which is the whole body except the face, hands and feet, it would be permissible to pray in them."

- Abdurrahman ibn Yusuf

http://seekersguidance.org/ans-blog/...ire-for-women/

Comment

Originally posted by SofiaG View Post
          When I first converted I wore (for prayer) a regular winter scarf orone of those triangle shrugs (hijab can be any scarf that covers), a floor length skirt or baggy sweat pants, and a long sweater.

GOOD LUCK!!!
          Yeah my pajama bottoms are really baggy, I got them too big so I think will be okay. I may wear a scarf around my neck in case my chest is visible. I pray my mom and dad don't walk into my room because then I'll have a lot of explaining to do :suspicion:

Thankssss :)

Comment

Originally posted by szl View Post
            السلام عليكم

"As long as the clothes she is wearing covers her awra properly, which is the whole body except the face, hands and feet, it would be permissible to pray in them."

- Abdurrahman ibn Yusuf

Yesss perfect! Thank you! :up:

Comment

Originally posted by brightesthour View Post
              Yeah my pajama bottoms are really baggy, I got them too big so I think will be okay. I may wear a scarf around my neck in case my chest is visible. I pray my mom and dad don't walk into my room because then I'll have a lot of explaining to do :suspicion:

Thankssss :)
              lol, don't u have a lock on ur door?
              O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

Originally posted by sabah suleiman View Post
                lol, don't u have a lock on ur door?
                Nope :(

Comment

I have a really stupid question

Is it okay to pray in your own bathroom? o_o

Seriously it may be the only room in my house where I won't get interrupted :'(

Comment

I have a really stupid question

Is it okay to pray in your own bathroom? o_o

Seriously it may be the only room in my house where I won't get interrupted :'(
                    No
                    How dare they challenge me with their primitive skills? They're just as good as dead

Comment

Originally posted by Talwaar View Post
                      No
                      Okay

Comment

Nope :(
                        lol, poor thing, it must be annoying
                        O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

:salams
                          Don't you have a long skirt? That could be used for the bottoms, while a loose jumper/blouse for the top. Don't forget the hijab too :)

Comment

Oh and can I also read off of a paper while I'm doing the prayers? I'm a newbie
                            Yes and this is what I do when I want to learn new surahs. I would print it out in big text and lay it on the prayer rug and read off of it.
                            "When a man sees the road as long he weakens in his walk." Ibn Qayyim

Comment

Originally posted by szl View Post
                              السلام عليكم

- Abdurrahman ibn Yusuf

So you CAN be barefoot to do namaaz? This is something that has always bothered me, some people tell me that feet must be covered too?

Comment

Working...
                              X