No announcement yet.

Coughing fit: How do I make it go away?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coughing fit: How do I make it go away?

:salams

For about a week now, I'm having coughing fits every now and then which last for a good few minutes.

They so strong that I end up vomiting and only then do I get a little break till the next fit starts.

It's draining and driving me insane! Any natural remedies apart from drinking honey/ginger/lemon?

:jkk:
    Gone with the wind.

Re: Coughing fit: How do I make it go away?

Originally posted by Rebel101 View Post

For about a week now, I'm having coughing fits every now and then which last for a good few minutes.

They so strong that I end up vomiting and only then do I get a little break till the next fit starts.

It's draining and driving me insane! Any natural remedies apart from drinking honey/ginger/lemon?

Are you able to go hospital? My son used to have it then it turned out it were asthma attacks... may Allah protect you from it... it vould be bronchitis or something... erm drink a teaspoon of blackseed oil when the fit starts it should help in shaa Allah x
    "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

"Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

Comment

Nobody can diagnos you online, go and see a doctor asap.

Do not invest your hopes in anyone but Allah and do not fear anything but the consequences and repercussions of your sins!

Uthmaan R.A

Comment

Originally posted by candyapple View Post
        Are you able to go hospital? My son used to have it then it turned out it were asthma attacks... may Allah protect you from it... it vould be bronchitis or something... erm drink a teaspoon of blackseed oil when the fit starts it should help in shaa Allah x
        Was checked for Asthma, they said u have it, gave me inhaler then checked again and said u don't

So yeah not Asthma. I think it's an infection and I do have an appointment with my Doctor Alhamdulilah.

May Allah grant your son shifa and protect him from all harm. ameen.
        Originally posted by Sheikh_Google View Post
        Nobody can diagnos you online, go and see a doctor asap.
        I don't want a diagnosis, obviously. I want to know natural remedies for coughs that I can use till I see my Doctor.
        Gone with the wind.

Comment

Was checked for Asthma, they said u have it, gave me inhaler then checked again and said u don't

So yeah not Asthma. I think it's an infection and I do have an appointment with my Doctor Alhamdulilah.

May Allah grant your son shifa and protect him from all harm. ameen.

I don't want a diagnosis, obviously. I want to know natural remedies for coughs that I can use till I see my Doctor.
          sounds like an infection and i doubt natural will help. sorry :(

Comment

I found this sis

http://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/fe...lose-bad-cough

Hopefully it has some helpful suggestions.

The last time I had a really bad cough that would make me vomit I had bronchitis. I hope you don't have that

Comment

Originally posted by brightesthour View Post
              I found this sis

http://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/fe...lose-bad-cough

Hopefully it has some helpful suggestions.

The last time I had a really bad cough that would make me vomit I had bronchitis. I hope you don't have that
              I am reading about that right now.

Comment

Rebz, have you tried steaming ?

Comment

@ brightesthour - Thanks for the link! I hope so too, but in case it is, how long did it take u to get better?

Originally posted by niightowl View Post
                  Rebz, have you tried steaming ?
                  No, how do I steam?
                  Gone with the wind.

Comment

@ brightesthour - Thanks for the link! I hope so too, but in case it is, how long did it take u to get better?

No, how do I steam?
                    Bring water to boil in a large pot. Remove and place in an area where you’ll be able to comfortably kneel or lean over it.

Place a large towel over your head. And place your face 5 – 10 inches away from the steam. Do not place your face incredibly close, because you risk burning or causing your skin to swell. Do five 2-minute steaming sessions and allow your face to breath for a few moments in between each session.

Comment

No, how do I steam?
                      I don't remember :( it was back in 2001. It may have been a week or two weeks for me to feel 100% again

Comment

No, how do I steam?
                        Simple, boil some hot water and than pour it into a basin and than drape a towel over your head and inhale the steam, i would do it for 5-10 minutes max, this actually causes the secretions to be looser, drink plenty of hot drinks, for better sleep put on a humidifier in your room and go to sleep, it helps big time, chicken soup works for me as well :up:

May allah grant you a quick recovery, ameen.

Do not invest your hopes in anyone but Allah and do not fear anything but the consequences and repercussions of your sins!

Uthmaan R.A

Comment

Thank you all

I'll steam now before getting some :zzz:

Ameen @ Google, Jazak Allah Khayr bro
                          Gone with the wind.

Comment

Thank you all

I'll steam now before getting some :zzz:

Ameen @ Google, Jazak Allah Khayr bro
                            Good night habiba.

<3

Comment

Are you experiencing any of the following symptoms?

- Difficulty breathing, shortness of breath, chest pain
                              - Loss of appetite
                              - Unexplained weight loss
                              - Fatigue and weakness
                              - Night sweats, fever, chills?
                              تعيش وسط ماء دموعها و نار حبها

Comment

Working...
                              X