Frustrated. Does Istikara work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustrated. Does Istikara work?

I have done Istikara twice and just keep having weird dreams. I go to slee cnfident I will see something having faith in Allah but instead have been having weird dreams. Now I saw online that you don't HAVE to see a dream but are to have a feeling but I have yet to have a feeling. I did Istikara on which career path I should chose in the morning I was confident it being one then after a talk with my therapist I was confident on the other. Some say you must see a white or green color in your dream if it is a good thing. I am so confused!
    How will I know?
    If it is a feeling then should I not do Istikara and just pray regular prayers and ask Allah to guide me in my decision. I have already made bad choices and need Allah's help to make right ones. I have faith that HE will guide me but idk I am just so scared. What if I am not good enough of a Muslim to receive help through istikara I mean sometimes I miss Fajr prayer :(

Re: Frustrated. Does Istikara work?

:salams

Sister, istikharah is asking for guidance form Allah. Once you pray it, then :insha: whatever decision you choose it willb e the best for you. So, yes, you should pray it.

The reality it, all you need to do is pray istikharah correctly and leave the rest to Allah. You might not get a feeling, a sign, a dream, etc. Your job is to pray. People tend to focus too much on dreams and signs after praying istikhara then get confused or disappointed if they don't see anything. That's not how it works, though.

So, what you should do is make consultation with whom you trust and pick whatever you feel is best and whatever you pick will be the right choice, in sha Allah.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Working...
    X