Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sisters - I need a little advice regarding how I should behave with my little sister!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sisters - I need a little advice regarding how I should behave with my little sister!

Assalamualykum

My sister asked me to send her extra money so she can buy more expensive dresses for Eid. I'm concerned whether it would be a good idea to pamper her like this as she may demand too much from her future husband and make his life difficult. I want her to believe in a humble life as I live and believe in such life myself, so I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to send her the money. She's only 19 and I've already given her some things which I never got myself at her age.

Of course I'll find it difficult to say her NO, but I want your advise on this matter.

Re: Sisters - I need a little advice regarding how I should behave with my little sis

Originally posted by SoulMuslim View Post
    Assalamualykum

My sister asked me to send her extra money so she can buy more expensive dresses for Eid. I'm concerned whether it would be a good idea to pamper her like this as she may demand too much from her future husband and make his life difficult. I want her to believe in a humble life as I live and believe in such life myself, so I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to send her the money. She's only 19 and I've already given her some things which I never got myself at her age.

Of course I'll find it difficult to say her NO, but I want your advise on this matter.

Don't be a mean brother, just give it to her.

Don't over spoil her tho
    Let her learn the importance of money

Comment

Re: Sisters - I need a little advice regarding how I should behave with my little sis

Originally posted by UmmAbdulMalik View Post
      Don't be a mean brother, just give it to her.

Don't over spoil her tho
      Let her learn the importance of money
      Your advice is itself paradoxical...lol...

Comment

Your advice is itself paradoxical...lol...
        I said don't OVER spoil her.

Comment

I think its ok to pamper the women of your house whether its your mum, sis or wife. I heard somewhere it increases your rizk and blessings

So yeah, go for it if you have the means
          Believe
          there is
          good in the world

Comment

It's different asking your brother for something as opposed to a husband. I wouldn't worry about what her attitude might be with her future husband. Sisters simply love asking brothers for things. If it is within your means, why not?
            Allah gave us two ears and one mouth, so we can listen more and talk less.

Comment

It's a gift and an act of kindness

Wa alaikum salam

Comment

I'm concerned whether it would be a good idea to pamper her like this as she may demand too much from her future husband and make his life difficult.
                So what, her husband is most likely going to demand a lot from her in return!

give her the money, it is for Eid after all!

Comment

She won't be asking you for much longer. Soon she'll have a husband to pay for stuff. May even move away far somewhere. So just give her, if you can afford to and if its not obcene overspending.

Let the husband fight his own battles!

Comment

Originally posted by Plumeria View Post
                    It's different asking your brother for something as opposed to a husband. I wouldn't worry about what her attitude might be with her future husband. Sisters simply love asking brothers for things. If it is within your means, why not?
                    That's so true. Sometimes I ask my brother to get me stuff I can get for myself even. And then I go around telling everyone my brother bought it for me.

Comment

walikumsalaam

When the 'give me this, give me that' starts it never seems to end. My siblings do that. I get them things they need, as soon as you become 'soft' and spoil them they will get used to it and they will always expect something from you. There should be boundaries. I get my brothers things they can't afford and things necessary. As learning to appreciate things is becoming rare, people take things for granted,

If it's for Eid, I guess it's okay, sometimes giving is more sweet then taking. I'm a girl and I don't expect anything from anyone, even when my dad used to encourage us to buy something I'd say no and refuse, why should I? I just don't like spending my dad's money unnecessarily. Since I have been employed I HATE using my dad's money. But it's unavoidable because he looks after me :-) lol

May Allah swt bless my parents! Ameen
                      'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

:salams

Why not get her a single expensive dress instead of "dresses"? That way you would be giving her what she wants, and at the same time, not spoiling her.

Comment

Just buy it, man.
                          8 powerful habits to succeed

1. Wake up early!
                          2. Do it as soon as possible, you could die tonight so make the best of today
                          3. Remember your life is unique, don't compare yourself to others. Use that jealousy as an energy to make your life a success"
                          4. Have healthy habits. Set a time each day to exercise. Try with the mindset you're only going to do some jumping jacks for 5 seconds and the next thing you know, you're doing a workout!
                          5. Read, read, read. Ponder over the Qur'an, learn more. Put the idiot box (TV) away
                          6. Take note. Desires make slaves out of kings and patience makes kings out of slaves.
                          7. Results aren't just worldly. Results are also about perseverance, retaining dignity, being honest, being honourable, doing good unto others.
                          8. Always encourage others especially our brothers and sisters, let them know making mistakes is okay, we all make mistakes, do not ever undermine them and make them feel incompetent. This is also true for the dunya, so what if they don't get the maths sum right the first time, that is what LEARNING is.

NEW UPDATE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJubtizAEfU

Watch this when you're distressed!

Comment

Send it but also encourage her to memorize the Quraan or give sadaqah.

Comment

Working...
                            X