Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISTIKARA -What Does It Mean???

Salaam

I recently decided to plan out my returning to school and did Istikara about taking a nursing assistant program in the summer while debating whether to become a Physician assistant or doctor. In the dream I saw that I was a furry animal with a large fluffy grayish white tail (I could not see the animals face) . There was a lion chasing me and when it finally got hold of me it held onto my tail with its lips (no teeth) and then let me go. Afterwards my tail slightly hurt and that was all. I was surprised the lion let me go and did not harm me yet relieved I was safe. The background was a nice green meadow.
    I also saw a dream about a girl buying some nice supplies that I really wanted. She forgot the supplies in one of the boxes she threw and I was tempted to take it but resisted in fear of Allah.

I do not know any sheikh to ask. If anyone can make out anything from this plz let me know

Re: ISTIKARA -What Does It Mean???

:salams

Sister, istikharah doesn't always mean you will see a dream or signs. It's a misconception.

When you have choices that you have to decide on, like in your case, becoming a physician assistant or a doctor, you pray 2 rakat prayer and recite the istikharah Dua'a.

Now, :insha: follow whatever you feel is best for you in your heart and consult with those who you trust, like maybe your parents.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Re: ISTIKARA -What Does It Mean???

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
      :salams

Sister, istikharah doesn't always mean you will see a dream or signs. It's a misconception.

When you have choices that you have to decide on, like in your case, becoming a physician assistant or a doctor, you pray 2 rakat prayer and recite the istikharah Dua'a.

Now, :insha: follow whatever you feel is best for you in your heart and consult with those who you trust, like maybe your parents.

Salaam

I wasn't aware of that until I did more research. I did Istikara a second time but had another weird dream with no change in my heart of what to decide. The question was in regards to investing in a nursing course. Do I continue to do Istikara?

Comment

Working...
      X