Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music in western schools

Assalamu Alaykum,

I live in the UK and the place where I go to school, we have to play and listen to music which is obviously haram. We also have to draw living things which is also haram. I want to get out of doing these things but not sure what to do. Can anyone help?

Jaskallahu Khair

EDIT: sorry the title was supposed to be "Music in western schools", not "Music in western music."
    Last edited by akeel786; 26-05-14, 04:34 PM.

Re: Music in western music

Originally posted by akeel786 View Post
    Assalamu Alaykum,

I live in the UK and the place where I go to school, we have to play and listen to music which is obviously haram. We also have to draw living things which is also haram. I want to get out of doing these things but not sure what to do. Can anyone help?

Jaskallahu Khair

EDIT: sorry the title was supposed to be "Music in western schools", not "Music in western music."
    Explain to the administration that you have to refrain from participation due to religious reasons. And give them the textual evidence to support this.
    "When a man sees the road as long he weakens in his walk." Ibn Qayyim

Comment

Originally posted by Musbah View Post
      Explain to the administration that you have to refrain from participation due to religious reasons. And give them the textual evidence to support this.
      You don't really need textual evidence, just tell them and they'll be like m'kay, cus they can't say no.

Comment

Music is not allowed in Islam. You should make the complain to school administration.

Comment

I'm in the U.S. and my parents told the schools and I was allowed to sit out the music classes and do other things.

Comment

Re: Music in western schools

Go to an Islamic school/get home schooled

Comment

Originally posted by wizard01 View Post
              Go to an Islamic school/get home schooled
              It's not that simple!

Comment

I went last year about it and they said I have to do them. School is starting school. I ask Allah to help us practice his religion in the west.

Comment

Assalamu Alaykum,

Jaskallahu Khair

From my understanding, Music that is vulgar is haram. Didn't Nabi Mohammad Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Salaam allow Hazrat Ayesha to listen to music? Didn't he stop Abu Bakr from repremanding the two Mukhannathun for singing and playing instruments in his house saying it was Eid and every nation has it's festivals, it's culture? Why are there Nasheeds? Where is this idea from that music is so evil?

I'm so confused.
                  Surah 76:13-16 Al-Insan (The Time) [The Righteous will be] reclining therein on adorned couches. They will not see therein any [burning] sun or [freezing] cold. And near above them are its shades, and its [fruit] to be picked will be lowered in compliance. And there will be circulated among them vessels of silver and cups having been [created] clear [as glass], Clear glasses [made] from silver of which they have determined the measure.

Comment

There shouldnt be nasheeds with music. If there are, they are undoubtably haram. The duff was only allowed to be played on weddings and eid. And Only the duff. Music is undoubtedly haram. Read the link below for proof and more info. If someone has read the link below, and still listen to music, then they will be held accountable as the truth is clear now.
                    http://islamqa.info/en/5000

Comment

Music in western schools

It's tough. But don't think Islamic schools are your magic way out, my sister went to an Islamic school and they played music there too.
                      اللهُمَّ أَعِزَّ الإِسْلامَ وَالمُسْلِمِينَ

Comment

Originally posted by The Awakening View Post
                        It's tough. But don't think Islamic schools are your magic way out, my sister went to an Islamic school and they played music there too.
                        Hmm. Yeah I was thinking that. I just hate it. After I do the evil acts, I feel depressed and sad. I've asked some brothers for advise, but they havent been able to help. I don't know if I am being held accountable for these actions. I can just feel it coming,school starts on the third.

Comment

Hmm. Yeah I was thinking that. I just hate it. After I do the evil acts, I feel depressed and sad. I've asked some brothers for advise, but they havent been able to help. I don't know if I am being held accountable for these actions. I can just feel it coming,school starts on the third.
                          What do you mean by evil acts? Also, are you in the UK? You can opt out of Music lessons after year 9 I think, as long as you don't pick it as a GCSE? If you're in year 7-9 though I don't really know what you can do. Perhaps ask your parents to come in and speak to the teachers?
                          اللهُمَّ أَعِزَّ الإِسْلامَ وَالمُسْلِمِينَ

Comment

What do you mean by evil acts? Also, are you in the UK? You can opt out of Music lessons after year 9 I think, as long as you don't pick it as a GCSE? If you're in year 7-9 though I don't really know what you can do. Perhaps ask your parents to come in and speak to the teachers?
                            Come on what do you think? I'm in year 9 this year. Picking subjects in Jan I think? But I can't do it anymore

Comment

Yes ukt, I'm in the uk

Comment

Working...
                              X