salat in masjid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• salat in masjid

Is it true that if you don't pray salat in masjid you are doomed to the hellfire?

Re: salat in masjid

erm what if you live somewhere that doesn't have a masjid??

Comment

Assalamualaikum.

Where did you get this from brother?

Praying in congregation is of course much better than by yourself. I think its 27x more reward, not really sure though. I am sure someone more knowledgeable than me can help you out.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard.of.oz View Post
        Is it true that if you don't pray salat in masjid you are doomed to the hellfire?
        Praying in Masjid is better.

We should try and go to Masjid and pray whenever possible. There are numerous benefits for that as well as countless rewards.

At the same time praying at home is also completing the obligation of salah. No one can issue such a fatwa that not praying in masjid will doom on to Hell fire.

Comment

Originally posted by deenforever View Post
          Assalamualaikum.

Where did you get this from brother?

Praying in congregation is of course much better than by yourself. I think its 27x more reward, not really sure though. I am sure someone more knowledgeable than me can help you out.
          Yes twenty seven times more rewarding in one hadeeth and twenty five times more in another.

Scholars have commented that difference is because praying fajr & Isha in masjid is more rewarding :)

Comment

It is better that You should go Masjid for Salat.

Comment

Yes, especially for Men..

Comment

Comment

Ive found a few more hadiths;
                  It is obligatory for the Muslim to pray in the mosque in congregation, as it says in the hadeeth of Ibn Umm Maktoom – who was a blind man. He said, “O Messenger of Allaah, I do not have a guide to lead me to the mosque,” and he asked the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) to grant him a concession allowing him to pray in his house, and he allowed him that, but when he turned away he called him back and asked, “Can you hear the call to prayer?” He said, “Yes.” He said, “Then answer it.” Narrated by Muslim in his Saheeh, 635.

it was narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever hears the call to prayer and does not come, there is no prayer for him [i.e., his prayer is not valid], unless he has an excuse.” Narrated by Ibn Maajah, al-Daaraqutni, Ibn Hibbaan and al-Haakim with a saheeh isnaad. It was said to Ibn ‘Abbaas, what is an excuse? He said, Fear or sickness.

In Saheeh Muslim (654) it is narrated that Ibn Mas’ood said: “At the time of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) we used to think that no one failed to attend the prayer in congregation but a hypocrite or one who was sick.”

What is meant is that the believer is required to pray in the mosque, and it is not permissible for him to take the matter lightly and pray in his house when the mosque is nearby.

Comment

Originally posted by Bismil View Post
                    Praying in Masjid is better.

We should try and go to Masjid and pray whenever possible. There are numerous benefits for that as well as countless rewards.

At the same time praying at home is also completing the obligation of salah. No one can issue such a fatwa that not praying in masjid will doom on to Hell fire.
                    These were my exact thoughts when i read the title, doesn't make sense to punish someone when they are fulfilling a obligation. I'm trying my best to pray as much as possible at the masjid since i live close by one, hopefully i can make a habit in ramadan and continue it throughout the rest of the year.

Do not invest your hopes in anyone but Allah and do not fear anything but the consequences and repercussions of your sins!

Uthmaan R.A

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X