my first ramadan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my first ramadan

Ramadan is coming up soon and as a revert I am not sure what to do. I plan on spending time at the mosque and reading the Quran. but other then this I do not know what to do so any suggestions would be appreciated.

my first ramadan

:)
    Last edited by dizzyfish; 04-03-15, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Re: my first ramadan

There's nothing you really need to do friend, except keep a fast, stick to it and pray.
      Then open it with delicious foods when it's time to break your fast

Comment

Ramadan is about setting you up nicely for the rest of the year in terms of habits, routine etc because you are not supposed to lie or fight/argue esp. in this month and obviously in general.

My favorite part is the taraweeh prayers. Make sure you attend all of them in your local mosque, and by the end of ramadan, you would have listened to the whole Quran !
        I think thats very cool

May you have a lovely Ramadan
        Believe
        there is
        good in the world

Comment

Originally posted by dizzyfish View Post
          Invite people over to Iftar and go to any dinners you are invited to - study the Quran, read it, open your heart and make dua like there is no tomorrow and remember everyone around you in it. Extend the hand of friendship and charity to those who may benefit. Enjoy every moment because its over too soon.
          Originally posted by ugabs View Post
          Ramadan is about setting you up nicely for the rest of the year in terms of habits, routine etc because you are not supposed to lie or fight/argue esp. in this month and obviously in general.

My favorite part is the taraweeh prayers. Make sure you attend all of them in your local mosque, and by the end of ramadan, you would have listened to the whole Quran !
          I think thats very cool

May you have a lovely Ramadan
          ^^ This!!

Try to pray as many prayers as you can at your local mosque.. It's not a must but you'll get a lot of reward In'Sha'Allah.. Try to make it as early as you can when you go to the mosque for Taraweeh.. Sometime's they speak about islamic topics at the mosque before the Taraweeh prayer begins. Try your absolute best to pray all of the Taraweeh prayer and (stay focused)!! It will be a little hard.. because it does last quite long, an hour and a half maybe 2.. but you will get a lot of reward.

If you attend all of the Taraweeh prayer's, then by the end of the month you will have completed the whole Quran once! (Amazing)!! If you get hot.. stand next to an open window.. or turn on a fan.. if you get tired easily? Then maybe try some coffee before going to the mosque to keep you awake and focused.. We do get tired, especially when your low on energy because your fasting, so don't worry it happens to everyone.

Ramadan will test your patience, you will be hungry, tired.. you might even get angry.. but this is your time to use the energy you have to control all those emotions and become a better person..

Remember the people who don't have food when you break your fast and when your making your duas, remember the starving and the hungry, also remember Ramadan is a great time for change! It's a great time for you to strengthen your iman.. and read the Quran.. (That wasn't supposed to rhyme) :) Most importantly have fun and enjoy it.. It doesn't last very long..

and of course there's Eid at the end of the month.. :D
          Last edited by Minhajul; 26-05-14, 06:34 AM.
          Raising money for Bangladesh in 2019 - www.justgiving.com/minhajul

Comment

:salams
            Reflect and improve your character :D
            Pray. Fast. Zakat. Pilgrimage. Allah.

Comment

Masha'allah welcome to Islam, and I hope you have a blessed ramadan.

Have you learnt the recitation of the qur'an ? Can you read fluently?
              “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Alhamdulillah. ., welcome to Islam brother. You can learn more about Al Qur'an & hadits, go for taklim, involve/help in charity activities at the mosque nearby & do Taraweh everyday...

Comment

:salams

Get your tajweed to a reasonable standard.
                  Do some memorising of the Quran.
                  Widen your islamic knowledge.
                  Improve your worship.

Comment

no I know some surah's but my Arabic is not that good. I have been trying to improve before Ramadan comes

Comment

salaam brother, like the others said, widen your knowledge in Islam, keep reading the Quran and improve your Salah.
                      I rather be hated by everybody else, but loved by Allah. Than be loved by everybody else and hated by Allah.

Comment

Welcome to Islam:D

Comment

To me Ramadan is all about feeling closeness with Allaah.. through fasting, a lot of prayers (including taraweeh), reciting the Quran (if you can read arabic), otherwise read the translation inshaa Allaah, while learning arabic. Gaining reward through sadaqah, helping others in need etc etc.. there's a lot you can do.. It doesnt mean we shouldnt do all of this the rest of the year lol, but just doing it moreee.. a lot moreee inshaa Allaah cause there's no month like Ramadan :).

Comment

is there any specific surah's I should try to memorise before Ramadan.

Comment

Learn any surahs or ayahs which you want to. That will be good.
                              “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Working...
                              X