Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simplicity of Prophet Companions??

AOA,

well..ive been posed with the questions to which iam looking for reasonale answers..
    i hope someone here can help out:

Question: Some Companions of the Prophet..used to live an extremely simple life. It is known that once the Khailfah used to sllep on a brick instead of a pillow. On another occasion a companion came late to he friday prayers..when the Prophet ASked the reason he replied hat he had only one dress to wear...and was waiting for it to get dried.....
    The questions is that some of these companions could afford atleast more than one dress and a pillow rather than sleeping with head on the brick....
    ...isnt this condition equal to being a miser (no offence plz) ??
    Islam does not prophibts us to spend on ourselves a reasonable ammount...
    .....what way of showing modesty/simplcity is this by putting yourself in discomforts? I mean if it helps in the proliferation of Islam then it is compulsory but do enlighten me how by sleeping on a brick and not having a spare pair of clothes you are flourishing the religion?
    Please Re-update your Signature

:salams. :)

The Companions of the Prophet Muhammad, blessings and peace be upon his noble soul, were great individuals in every regard. The life the Companions lived were very pious, and the amounts of clothing and sleeping accomodation they used was enough for them, as it is for us too. Much of the money of the Companions was spent in the forwardment of charity, and the welfare of the Islamic state, so in no way can they be termed 'miserly', but moreover they radiated modesty and integrity of the highest quality through the beauty radiating from their character. :sub:
    Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
    X