Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Permission In Islam To Wear Gold Silk Etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Permission In Islam To Wear Gold Silk Etc.

Well....ma friend asked the folowing question..
    i guess someone here can help me out with the answer
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys i know that Islam bans men from wearing silk and gold(as far as silk goes you can only have two finger's width or equivilent on your clothes ?someone plz elaborate on that)

But i wanted to know what islam says about other metals such as silver, titanium and even platinum and palladium(all are now used in men's prestige rings and watches etc and i think the last 2 are more expensive than even gold) i also heard Islam limits men from wearing rings or something like that as well,that the Prophet(PBUH) used to once wear a gold ring and threw it away and after that everyone threw their's away and he(PBUH) used to only wear an iron or silver ring after that incident.(plz clarify this as well)

Also the i wanted to know the Islamic view on precious stones and gems,is wearing them allowed for men? these days watch dials are covered with synthetic sapphire crystal which is scratch proof and hence better than plexiglass which used to be used for watches. So what about them?

Similarly synthetic silk is made of polymers(like rayon and stuff) and is different from real silk so is it permissible in Islam or not?

and on a final note ,are there any other materials not allowed to be worn other than the above stated(i mean anything else u ppl could tell me related to this issue) and is there any sort of ban from wearing various types of materials on women too?
    Please Re-update your Signature

where is written that men can wear any gold of any size? or any silk of any size? (i think silk may be permissible for skin condition only
    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Cotton and linen is so much better. Why use silk anyway? It does not present a modest impression.

Comment

well.....ill agree with the silk....
        but there are a few more questions

1) Most of the coats that we wear have an inner cloth of silk....are we allowed to wear such clothes?

2) The prophet in this hadith:
        >>>> He forbade us to use silver utensils and dishes and to wear Golden rings, silk (clothes),Dibaj (pure silk cloth), Qissi and Istabrag (two kinds of silk cloths).<<<

Has forbade different types of silk..
        so suppose a cloth is 99% artifical and 1% pure silk...are we allowed to wear such clothes?

ill be glad if you could asnwer this........

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X