Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: entering the mosque

Originally posted by alexiaa123 View Post
    Okay so, I'm really sad and I can only find peace if i go to the mosque. But here's the thing some people say you can't enter the moque if you're on your period. And I disagree with that statement more then I agree with it. Anywho the mosque where I go to, in the women's section no one really goes. So I wanted to know since no one goes can I still go there?????
    Thank you
    asalam ukthi,

Muslimah during periods are to avoid reciting Quran or entering masjid. But do not worry about virtues since if you are ''really feeling'' your periods stopped you from ibadha Allah swt will give the virtues which you regularly did when you were not in periods(hadith) except for fasting, You have to do Kadhza or fast latter.
    My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Comment

Originally posted by talibilm09 View Post
      asalam ukthi,

Muslimah during periods are to avoid reciting Quran or entering masjid. But do not worry about virtues since if you are ''really feeling'' your periods stopped you from ibadha Allah swt will give the virtues which you regularly did when you were not in periods(hadith) except for fasting, You have to do Kadhza or fast latter.
      I don't think you understand.

I think the OP is a troll but its generated a good knowledgeable response so left the thread

You feel spiritually low.
      وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Originally posted by TalibIelm View Post
        i have emailed Islamopediaonline to correct the wordings because this is not what has been said by the Standing Committee for Issuing Fatwas.

THE CORRECT VERSION
        Sister both the websites are quoting only half of what has been written in the books and i have clearly included what it implies to and what has been said in it. There is no classical scholar which has said that it is permissible for a menstruating women to be in masjid and secondly the only permissibly mentioned is for a women to recite from her memory.

AlhamduLillah this matter is very very clear so please be careful with what you share. People also come up and say that there is difference of opinion among scholars if women can lead prayers and moreover you find people who say that Hijab is not necessary if you do it inside your heart... No need to cover up your head.

Please do not form your opinions based on your liking and from a website just because it gives a little bit of references. Study it from Scholars and go through the books to know exactly what has been said and why it has been said. Since you have mentioned, Scholars differ in opinion - please provide some details with references.

May Allah guide you and all of us towards the right path. Ameen
        Also, brother please do not imply that I form my "opinions based on my liking and from websites just because it gives a little bit of reference".
        Please do not imply that as a female it is the view that I would like to be true.
        If it was clearly not allowed as is the ruling for not fasting then it would be the end of all debate. However, scholars have different points of view on this. That is simply what I have pointed out to the sister.
        Also, no you haven't "clearly included what it implies to and what has been said in it" because you misunderstood what was being talked about on that website. And I don't see how this issue can be compared with the two you have mentioned at all.
        May Allah guide you, me and all of us to the right path, ameen.

Comment

Originally posted by TCKMuslima View Post
          I would like to be true.
          If it was clearly not allowed as is the ruling for not fasting then it would be the end of all debate. However, scholars have different points of view on this. That is simply what I have pointed out to the sister.
          Also, no you haven't "clearly included what it implies to and what has been said in it" because you misunderstood what was being talked about on that website. And I don't see how this issue can be compared with the two you have mentioned at all.
          JazakAllah Khair Sister for pointing this out and lets do an analysis of the article given on Islamopedia Online.

Source of Fatawa from Sheikh Saud Al Funaysan

I have been unable to find anything related to the above Sheikh and Google search provided nothing about him or this so called Fatwa which only Islamopedia Online has seen. Maybe you or anyone else can share it if they come across it because all my sincere effort has left me with no results. It is very important to read the fatwa given by him to know exactly what was asked and what was replied by him. I asked some of the Scholars i know and they are unaware of any Sheikh known by this name which leaves me wondering if he even exists?

Al Imam Islamic University

The correct name of the University is Al Imam Muhammad Ibn Saud University which is also referred to Imam University and this proved to be true. So i inquired about Sheikh Saud Al Funaysan and they don't seem to remember anyone with this name and in fact asked me if i had spoken to this Sheikh earlier through the university or have done any correspondence? Which i said no i have not and they seemed much more puzzled about this Sheikh who has been Former Dean of Islamic Law at this University and yet no one seems to know about it. Brother Abdul Jabbar spend twenty minutes with me on phone and had put me on hold thrice to inquire more about this and still he was like "No we don't know anyone with this name or had any faculty member with such a name".

This left me wondering how can a Sheikh who has such views and creates a new opinion vanish in thin air. I started doing some more research online and it seems he only exists on Islamopedia Online and no where else. Even a few websites mentioning him refers to articles from Islamopedia Online.

Why does the article / Fatwa only looks at one Hadith

As mentioned in my previous replies there are plenty of hadiths on this topic and according to some scholars one of those hadith is regarded as weak but what about the others? Why doesn't the so called fatwa gives the details of the other hadiths and its ruling by Ibn Hajar and Ibn Qayyium? Note that both the Scholars, Hafiz Ibn Hajar and Ibn Qayyium agree that menstruating women are not allowed to enter the masjid.

Its extremely interesting to see how they have just mentioned about one hadith and totally ignored the rest of them. Moreover they have not mentioned anything about the ruling given by these two famous Scholars of Islam.

On the basis of what we have discussed, it is not right to prohibit menstruating women from entering the mosque to hear sermons and to attend lectures and classes and thereby receiving benefit.
          The article jumps to the above statement without giving any daleel from Quran o Sunnah. Where is the explanation and i don't see anything which has been discussed in detail.

If those who prohibit a menstruating woman from entering the mosque wish to argue that there is a danger of the mosque becoming soiled by menstrual blood, we would say that women today have far better means of keeping clean than they had at the time of the prophet (peace be upon him). They protect themselves so perfectly at home, not to mention the mosque, that no matter how heavy the bleeding might be, their clothing never gets stained.
          The above is such a deceiving statement and as a muslim are we supposed to leave what Quran o Sunnah says.... aren't we supposed to follow and submit to it? Just because the modern day stuff has made our life little easier does not mean that tomorrow Pig farming will be allowed because now pigs get to eat good stuff so lets have some halaal pork.... Nauzubillah min zalik

The Hadith Quoted as Proof

The hadith quoted in the article to justify women in the masjid are allowed during menstruating...... Ya Allaaah.... what can i say.... I won't go in to detail about this topic and i just wish there was a sister who knew these things in detail and can explain it to another sister.... Some hadiths from the same chapter and i am wondering why they only quoted one and not the others? Maybe because it will clearly make things black and white.....

It is related that 'A'isha (RA) said, "One of the wives of the Messenger of Allah, , did i'tikaf with him. She used to see blood and yellow discharge and would put a dish under her while she was praying." [Sahih Al Bukhari, Hadith# 15]

Narrated Aisa (RA): Once one of the wives of the Prophet (ﷺ) did i'tikaf along with him when she had false menstruation. She would see blood and sometimes put a dish under her for the blood. 'Ikrima claimed that 'A'isha saw some safflower liquid and said, "This is like what so-and-so used to find." [Sahih Al Bukhari, - A woman with false menstruation doing retreat in the mosque for i'tikaf, Hadith# 309]

It is related from 'A'isha (RA) that one of the Mothers of the Believers did i'tikaf while she had false menstruation. [Sahih Al Bukhari, - A woman with false menstruation doing retreat in the mosque for i'tikaf Hadith# 305]

Interestingly they forgot to Quote this Hadith

حَدَّثَنَا الْحَسَنُ بْنُ مُدْرِكٍ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى بْنُ حَمَّادٍ، قَالَ أَخْبَرَنَا أَبُو عَوَانَةَ ـ اسْمُهُ الْوَضَّاحُ ـ مِنْ كِتَابِهِ قَالَ أَخْبَرَنَا سُلَيْمَانُ الشَّيْبَانِيُّ، عَنْ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ شَدَّادٍ، قَالَ سَمِعْتُ خَالَتِي، مَيْمُونَةَ ـ زَوْجَ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم أَنَّهَا كَانَتْ تَكُونُ حَائِضًا لاَ تُصَلِّي، وَهْىَ مُفْتَرِشَةٌ بِحِذَاءِ مَسْجِدِ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم وَهْوَ يُصَلِّي عَلَى خُمْرَتِهِ، إِذَا سَجَدَ أَصَابَنِي بَعْضُ ثَوْبِهِ‏.‏

Narrated Maimuna (RA): (the wife of the Prophet ) During my menses, I never prayed, but used to sit on the mat beside the mosque of Allah's Messenger (ﷺ). He used to offer the prayer on his sheet and in prostration some of his clothes used to touch me." [Sahih Al Bukhari, Book 6 - Hadith 37]

CLEARLY SAYS - USED TO SIT ON THE MAT BESIDE THE MOSQUE not inside the mosque but beside the mosque......

I will not go in further detail because this a matter which a sister must discuss with another sister rather than me giving explanations and outlining the conditions of what, when and where.

Just to point out a few things to all the readers of Islamopedia Online website.

- Have a look at the ABOUT US page.
          - Do you seriously think that a person like Jocelyne Cesari, who openly claims that Islam and Democracy goes hand in hand will ever give you the right Islamic knowledge?
          - People like Parvez Hoodboy (Someone about whom Ulema have given fatwa and said that he is no more a muslim and some claim that he is a Qadiyani), John Esposito, Ali Asani (He is known for his Secular views in Indo Pak Region), Mohammed Fadel (claims not all Shariah teachings like cutting hands and etc can be implemented in todays world), Shahar Khamis, Asim Khawaja (who openly supports Riba) and Bruce Lawrence........ I only mentioned the names of those who i have read about from different sources and you are welcome to search about them.... The rest of the people listed.... i don't know much about them so i will not comment on who they are but for me..... This website is a big NO NO NO....

Again, please make sure that you are getting your Islamic Knowledge from the right sources and from Ulema....

Enough said......

May Allah guide you and all of us towards the right path. Ameen

Comment

JazakAllah Khair Sister for pointing this out and lets do an analysis of the article given on Islamopedia Online.
            What you say about this website may be true. I can in no way say otherwise in any case.

However, this is not the only source that states this other scholarly opinion. I put this website as a link here because it summarizes that other valid opinion.

I do appreciate the effort on your part though. Jazak Allah khair for pointing out that this may not be a very trustworthy site. I will be more wary of it in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by alexiaa123 View Post
              But there are also other scholars that say you can enter the mosque. You see my problem is most of the hadeets that states a woman can not go to the mosque because of her period they are weak.
              :salams

Yes, as far as I can recall, according to that scholarly opinion, you can enter the mosque, but not the musalla (area/space where the Muslims pray). This is because the Prohpet's :saw: house was part of the mosque in Madinah, and 'Aisha :RAA: stayed there while on her period. However, the women were not allowed in the area where the Muslims prayed while menstruating.
              Last edited by amatullaah; 29-05-14, 04:40 PM.
              Say, "Indeed, my prayer, my rites of sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allah , Lord of the worlds. No partner has He. And this I have been commanded, and I am the first [among you] of the Muslims."(Al-'An`ām, 162-163)

Comment

Originally posted by TCKMuslima View Post
                What you say about this website may be true. I can in no way say otherwise in any case.

However, this is not the only source that states this other scholarly opinion. I put this website as a link here because it summarizes that other valid opinion.

I do appreciate the effort on your part though. Jazak Allah khair for pointing out that this may not be a very trustworthy site. I will be more wary of it in the future.

I know sis and unfortunately some people are trying to change the DEEN from its original form. Anyways, please forgive me if my words have been harsh towards you.... the intention was to just clear out the doubts and this website... errrhhh well not reliable at all....

Wa Antum Fajazakamullahu Khairan....

Ameen....

Comment

Originally posted by amatullaah View Post
                  :salams

Yes, as far as I can recall, according to that scholarly opinion, you can enter the mosque, but not the musalla (area/space where the Muslims pray). This is because the Prohpet's :saw: house was part of the mosque in Madinah, and 'Aisha :RAA: stayed there while on her period. However, the women were not allowed in the area where the Muslims prayed while menstruating.
                  This is already discussed above and the area which is part of Masjid is the one which comes under Aitekaaf.... anything outside that area is not the actual area of Masjid..... Though it might look that it is part of the Masjid....

Comment

I know sis and unfortunately some people are trying to change the DEEN from its original form. Anyways, please forgive me if my words have been harsh towards you.... the intention was to just clear out the doubts and this website... errrhhh well not reliable at all....

Wa Antum Fajazakamullahu Khairan....

Ameen....

Yes may Allah swt protect the deen from such people.
                    Not to worry, I didn't find your words harsh. On the contrary I felt you were politer than a lot of the other brothers on the forum might have been.
                    It's nice to see that even though we differ on which scholarly opinion we find more applicable to the OP, we can be accepting of that.

Comment

Working...
                    X