entering the mosque

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• entering the mosque

Okay so, I'm really sad and I can only find peace if i go to the mosque. But here's the thing some people say you can't enter the moque if you're on your period. And I disagree with that statement more then I agree with it. Anywho the mosque where I go to, in the women's section no one really goes. So I wanted to know since no one goes can I still go there?????
    Thank you

entering the mosque

salam

whats so special about the mosque if you cant pray?

Comment

Re: entering the mosque

Originally posted by alexiaa123 View Post
      Okay so, I'm really sad and I can only find peace if i go to the mosque. But here's the thing some people say you can't enter the moque if you're on your period. And I disagree with that statement more then I agree with it. Anywho the mosque where I go to, in the women's section no one really goes. So I wanted to know since no one goes can I still go there?????
      Thank you
      No, it is not a matter of whether you agree with something or not, the scholars have stated that a woman should not stay in the mosque during menstruation. It is a mosque whether it is filled with people or whether it is empty.

Perhaps you could try some other isolated place where you can be alone and do things like wonder about the creations of Allah.
      To the people who feel obligated to reply to every single thread even if with a lol:
      Not every thread demands [one's] input, some are more advanced than [one's] thinking, so read and learn.
      Others are of subjects [one] has discussed many times before [so] just read them to see how others feel about a subject.
      - AbuM

Comment

Thank you
        :salams sister, why are you in the mosque if you are on your period? You can't pray or touch Quran in this state.
        [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"][FONT=Book Antiqua][CENTER][B][URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?459504-Immensely-rewarding-dhikr!!!&highlight="]IMMENSELY REWARDING DHIKR!!![/URL][/B][/CENTER][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR="#2F4F4F"][CENTER]Before you post, think..."Will this help me when I stand before Allah?" If it doesn't, then you're wasting time....[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

….

Comment

Originally posted by Abdur Raheem :) View Post
            :salams sister, why are you in the mosque if you are on your period? You can't pray or touch Quran in this state.
            Because it's the house of allah and it's the only place where i am happy.

Comment

….
              An answer would be nice?

Edit: I see. Nevertheless, it's still unfortunately not allowed for a woman to do so.
              Last edited by |Abdur Raheem|; 21-05-14, 07:51 PM.
              [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"][FONT=Book Antiqua][CENTER][B][URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?459504-Immensely-rewarding-dhikr!!!&highlight="]IMMENSELY REWARDING DHIKR!!![/URL][/B][/CENTER][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR="#2F4F4F"][CENTER]Before you post, think..."Will this help me when I stand before Allah?" If it doesn't, then you're wasting time....[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by pickaname View Post
                No, it is not a matter of whether you agree with something or not, the scholars have stated that a woman should not stay in the mosque during menstruation. It is a mosque whether it is filled with people or whether it is empty.

Perhaps you could try some other isolated place where you can be alone and do things like wonder about the creations of Allah.
                But there are also other scholars that say you can enter the mosque. You see my problem is most of the hadeets that states a woman can not go to the mosque because of her period they are weak.

Comment

entering the mosque

why dont you try to create a similar environment at home

Its all psychological
                  Allah is everywhere

Comment

Originally posted by Abdur Raheem :) View Post
                    An answer would be nice?

Edit: I see. Nevertheless, it's still unfortunately not allowed for a woman to do so.
                    LOL sorry, I wanted to answer the quote. But yeah some say you can enter the mosque.

Comment

in the mosque I go to, there are also women who have their period, they just dont go to the praying room, they just stay in another room.. but still in the womens section..
                      there are also many courses in the mosque for women... should women only attend 3 out of 4 times, because they have their period?

Comment

But there are also other scholars that say you can enter the mosque. You see my problem is most of the hadeets that states a woman can not go to the mosque because of her period they are weak.
                        And how would you know they are weak?

Honestly, I think it's pretty disturbing to go to masjid while you're on your period. Are you going to sit on the rug people pray on? Will you be touching the Quran?

Comment

I thought it had something to do with mood swings. I've seen women act completely different or even rudely just because of their period.

Comment

Thank you

As Salaam Ulaikum Wr Wb Sister,

nor when you are in a state of Janaaba (i.e. in a state of sexual impurity and have not yet taken a bath), except when travelling on the road (without enough water, or just passing through a mosque), till you wash your whole body” [Surah Al-Nisa’ 4:43]

Secondly, i don't know how you came to the conclusion that all the hadiths are weak because the four Imams unanimously agree that women are not allowed to do the following while menstruating.

1 Ṣalāt (ritual prayer).
                            2. To touch or recite the Qur’ān
                            3. To enter into a mosque
                            4. Circumambulation of the Holy Kabah

حَدَّثَنَا مُسَدَّدٌ، حَدَّثَنَا سُفْيَانُ، عَنِ ابْنِ طَاوُسٍ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، عَنِ ابْنِ عَبَّاسٍ ـ رضى الله عنهما ـ قَالَ أُمِرَ النَّاسُ أَنْ يَكُونَ آخِرُ عَهْدِهِمْ بِالْبَيْتِ، إِلاَّ أَنَّهُ خُفِّفَ عَنِ الْحَائِضِ‏.‏

Narrated Ibn `Abbas: The people were ordered to perform the Tawaf of the Ka`ba (Tawaf-al-Wada`) as the lastly thing, before leaving (Mecca), except the menstruating women who were excused. [Sahih Al Bukhari, Chapter Kitab ul Hajj - Book 25, Hadith 233]

حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ الصَّبَّاحِ، أَنْبَأَنَا سُفْيَانُ، عَنْ أَيُّوبَ، عَنِ ابْنِ سِيرِينَ، عَنْ أُمِّ عَطِيَّةَ، قَالَتْ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ ـ صلى الله عليه وسلم ـ ‏ "‏ أَخْرِجُوا الْعَوَاتِقَ وَذَوَاتِ الْخُدُورِ لِيَشْهَدْنَ الْعِيدَ وَدَعْوَةَ الْمُسْلِمِينَ ‏.‏ وَلِيَجْتَنِبَنَّ الْحُيَّضُ مُصَلَّى النَّاسِ ‏"‏ ‏

It was narrated that Umm ‘Atiyyah said: “The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: ‘Bring out the women who have attained puberty and those who are in seclusion so that they may attend the ‘Eid prayer and (join in) the supplication of the Muslims. But let the women who are menstruating avoid the prayer place.” [Sunan Ib Majah, Kitab Iqamatus Salaah Wa Sunnah - Book 5, Hadith 1368]

وَحَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى بْنُ يَحْيَى، أَخْبَرَنَا أَبُو خَيْثَمَةَ، عَنْ هِشَامٍ، أَخْبَرَنَا عُرْوَةُ، عَنْ عَائِشَةَ، أَنَّهَا قَالَتْ كَانَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يُدْنِي إِلَىَّ رَأْسَهُ وَأَنَا فِي حُجْرَتِي فَأُرَجِّلُ رَأْسَهُ وَأَنَا حَائِضٌ ‏.‏

Urwa reported it from 'A'isha that she observed: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) inclined his head towards me (from the mosque) while I was in my apartment and I combed it in a state of menstruation. [Sahih Muslim, Kitab ul Haeedh - Book 3, Hadith 9]

وَعَنْ عَائِشَةَ رَضِيَ اَللَّهُ عَنْهَا قَالَتْ: قَالَ رَسُولُ اَللَّهِ ‏- صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏-{ إِنِّي لَا أُحِلُّ اَلْمَسْجِدَ لِحَائِضٍ وَلَا جُنُبٌ } رَوَاهُ أَبُو دَاوُدَ, وَصَحَّحَهُ اِبْنُ خُزَيْمَة َ

Narrated `A'ishah (RAA): Allah's messenger (ﷺ) said: "It is not permitted for a menstruating woman or one who is junub (sexually impure) to stay in the mosque." Related by Abu Dawud and Ibn Khuzaimah graded it as Sahih [Bulughul Maram, Chapter - Purification - Book 1, Hadith 149]

حَدَّثَنَا مُسَدَّدٌ، حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ الْوَاحِدِ بْنُ زِيَادٍ، حَدَّثَنَا الأَفْلَتُ بْنُ خَلِيفَةَ، قَالَ حَدَّثَتْنِي جَسْرَةُ بِنْتُ دِجَاجَةَ، قَالَتْ سَمِعْتُ عَائِشَةَ، رضى الله عنها تَقُولُ جَاءَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم وَوُجُوهُ بُيُوتِ أَصْحَابِهِ شَارِعَةٌ فِي الْمَسْجِدِ فَقَالَ ‏"‏ وَجِّهُوا هَذِهِ الْبُيُوتَ عَنِ الْمَسْجِدِ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ ثُمَّ دَخَلَ النَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم وَلَمْ يَصْنَعِ الْقَوْمُ شَيْئًا رَجَاءَ أَنْ تَنْزِلَ فِيهِمْ رُخْصَةٌ فَخَرَجَ إِلَيْهِمْ بَعْدُ فَقَالَ ‏"‏ وَجِّهُوا هَذِهِ الْبُيُوتَ عَنِ الْمَسْجِدِ فَإِنِّي لاَ أُحِلُّ الْمَسْجِدَ لِحَائِضٍ وَلاَ جُنُبٍ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قَالَ أَبُو دَاوُدَ وَهُوَ فُلَيْتٌ الْعَامِرِيُّ

Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) came and saw that the doors of the houses of his Companions were facing the mosque. He said: Turn the direction of the houses from the mosque. The Prophet (ﷺ) then entered (the houses or the mosque), and the people did take any step in this regard hoping that some concession might be revealed. He the Prophet) again came upon them and said: Turn the direction of these (doors) from the mosque I do not make the mosque lawful for a menstruating woman and for a person who is sexually defiled. [Sunan Abi Dawood, Chapter Purification - Book 1, Hadith 232]

The only case i have read where a women has been allowed to enter the Masjid is while she is traveling with her mahram and its time for Salaah. She does not have anywhere else to go and she can sit in a specific corner of the masjid to wait but that also has certain rules which need to be applied. I will leave this matter to the sisters to discuss.

May Allah guide you and all of us towards the right path. Ameen

Comment

entering the mosque

Aren't women considered unclean in that state? I personally find it gross and would avoid the mosque purely for that reason. No matter how clean you are literally, it's still ew.

Comment

Working...
                              X