Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do I get so easily attached to people?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do I get so easily attached to people?

:salams

^^ this can be a good and a bad thing, maybe it's something from my childhood or the fact I have no friends..

:rotfl: I'm laughing because over the year's I've gotten used to the fact, that nobody really cares.. :(

I don't know how to solve this problem.. I mean I'm genuinely a nice person.. I've been told by family I need to stop being so overly nice and realize nice people finish last? ' but sometime's I get too close, and too friendly too quickly and it sucks when the other person is not as nice?

Do I just need to take a step back?

Does anyone else have this problem?
    Raising money for Bangladesh in 2019 - www.justgiving.com/minhajul

Re: Why do I get so easily attached to people?

I used to be like that. With time I realised that attachment is the source of our pains and sufferings. You can get attached not only to people but to things, places etc. too. You must remember that people and things come and go, you'll meet several other people in the future. Instead of developing attachment to people try to develop genuine and unconditional love. Love them enough to let them go.
    There will be a time in your life in the future, when you will lose very close loved-ones and you will need all your strength to cope with that. I've realised how much we don't own people, they are not our property. We have to let them go either temporarily or for good because they don't belong to us.

Why don't you have friends? go out and meet people!!! Lol. ( this is you summer challenge)
    Btw you take a friendship serious and that is a sign of sincerity. Good for you. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Aisha2009 View Post
      I used to be like that. With time I realised that attachment is the source of our pains and sufferings. You can get attached not only to people but to things, places etc. too. You must remember that people and things come and go, you'll meet several other people in the future. Instead of developing attachment to people try to develop genuine and unconditional love. Love them enough to let them go.
      There will be a time in your life in the future, when you will lose very close loved-ones and you will need all your strength to cope with that. I've realised how much we don't own people, they are not our property. We have to let them go either temporarily or for good because they don't belong to us.

Why don't you have friends? go out and meet people!!! Lol. ( this is you summer challenge)
      Btw you take a friendship serious and that is a sign of sincerity. Good for you. :)
      Friends always screw you over, there's nothing like family tbh, even family is not always as it is in fairy tales sometimes.. but I guess that's just life.. I just feel like no one understands me sometimes.. it's not that I don't want friends.. it's just the one's I have or had weren't exactly the best of friends.. so I've kind of lost my faith in the whole friends thing.. :(

Comment

Sometimes it's because one sees the best in other people.

Comment

If ur at uni join ur isoc bro, you'll meet gems of people there :up:
          :sub: wabihamdihi:sub:hiladheem

Comment

I generally don't get attached to people, because people stab you in the back... (of course not everyone). I'm not sociable either. The only person I can say I'm attached to is my husband. But not glued to the hip type thing.
            Say what you wish in abuse of me, for my silence towards the idiot is indeed an answer. I am not at a loss for a response, but rather it does not befit the lion to answer the dogs

~ IMAM SHAFI'I RH

Comment

Originally posted by rainbow*~ View Post
              If ur at uni join ur isoc bro, you'll meet gems of people there :up:
              I'm at uni but exams are over.. and I don't think isoc is doing anything over the summer... so I guess that means I can't really meet any new people from my uni's isoc this summer?

Originally posted by Hannahk92 View Post
              I generally don't get attached to people, because people stab you in the back... (of course not everyone). I'm not sociable either. The only person I can say I'm attached to is my husband. But not glued to the hip type thing.
              People do stab you in the back! All the time! Ahh.. if only my parent's were more lenient on the whole get married while your young thing! My problem would be sorted..

Comment

Originally posted by Minhajul View Post
                People do stab you in the back! All the time! Ahh.. if only my parent's were more lenient on the whole get married while your young thing! My problem would be sorted..
                Turn to Allah.. for He won't stab you in the back :up: Why won't they let you get married?
                Say what you wish in abuse of me, for my silence towards the idiot is indeed an answer. I am not at a loss for a response, but rather it does not befit the lion to answer the dogs

~ IMAM SHAFI'I RH

Comment

Why do I get so easily attached to people?

I always hang out with my brother and cousins . Try and chill with your brothers, sisters and cousins :)

Comment

I'm at uni but exams are over.. and I don't think isoc is doing anything over the summer... so I guess that means I can't really meet any new people from my uni's isoc this summer?

Lol marriage isn't the mother of all solutions bro, work on yourself, get fit, grow a beard, groom yourself, learn something new? So many things to do!

Comment

Originally posted by rainbow*~ View Post
                      Lol marriage isn't the mother of all solutions bro, work on yourself, get fit, grow a beard, groom yourself, learn something new? So many things to do!
                      Who am I working for? Who am I grooming for? Learning is fun.. but it get's boring when you don't have anyone to share your knowledge with.. I mean there's family.. but when they get home they just wanna relax and put their feet up.. they don't really get the same jokes or like the same things..

I understand what your saying though, appreciate the help. :P

Comment

Who am I working for? Who am I grooming for? Learning is fun.. but it get's boring when you don't have anyone to share your knowledge with.. I mean there's family.. but when they get home they just wanna relax and put their feet up.. they don't really get the same jokes or like the same things..

I understand what your saying though, appreciate the help. :P
                        Fo' ur self.
                        Last edited by علي; 20-05-14, 03:53 PM. Reason: ...

Comment

:salams

^^ this can be a good and a bad thing, maybe it's something from my childhood or the fact I have no friends..

:rotfl: I'm laughing because over the year's I've gotten used to the fact, that nobody really cares.. :(

I don't know how to solve this problem.. I mean I'm genuinely a nice person.. I've been told by family I need to stop being so overly nice and realize nice people finish last? ' but sometime's I get too close, and too friendly too quickly and it sucks when the other person is not as nice?

Do I just need to take a step back?
                          Does anyone else have this problem?
                          :wswrwb:

This is a good quality to have, not a bad one.
                          Just make sure that whatever kindness you offer is for the Sake of Allah and you will never lose or finish last because there will always be the reward of Allah coming to you regardless of how someone else acts.

Be as kind as you want to be. Don't expect it to be returned. Only hope for the best from Allah and you'll never be hurt or disappointed. :)

Comment

yes me too

don't like it because in the end I get upset
                            'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Oh boy do i know where you are coming from.

That was basically me over 2 years ago.

But i changed, you have to realise people will always be people, when they hurt you or do something to upset you, shrug it off and move on.

Live your own life, i remembered that i was neglecting my own life whilst i was getting attached to these people.

You gotta learn to be selfish, you cannot be that nice guy everyone walks all over.

Nowadays i have friends that i am close to but i am also very independent because i have my own hobbies and my own things.

I always put myself first, then my friends. I still respect and care for myself, but if they want something that is detrimental to me or something i can't do , i don't sugar coat anything. I say it like it is.

Best advice i can give is be a little selfish, think about yourself for a change.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X