I'm 16 and have growing a beard, need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm 16 and have growing a beard, need help

Assalamwalaikum, I am 16 years'old and have'a bit of facial hair on my chin. My high school is extremely strict on facial hair and I'am usually caught by'suprise by the teachers in the hallways and they stop me,
    so I say "It's'part'of my'religion". I have muslim friends who shave their beards and one of them pressures me'by saying to shave it off.

I am the only one in my school with a bit of facial hair on my chin, I shave the side hairs but I want to shave or trim my chin because it distracts students and it makes me feel uneasy. :(

My dad has a full grown beard and he tells me it is haram to shave it. In my head I am thinking I want to shave it off because I want it will grow anyways, I want to grow it after I get out of highschool because it is bothering me and other people in school.

Internal conflict: Shave the hair on my chin or no? feeling pressured.

Re: I'm 16 and have growing a beard, need help

Originally posted by ysiraj View Post
    Assalamwalaikum, I am 16 years'old and have'a bit of facial hair on my chin. My high school is extremely strict on facial hair and I'am usually caught by'suprise by the teachers in the hallways and they stop me,
    so I say "It's'part'of my'religion". I have muslim friends who shave their beards and one of them pressures me'by saying to shave it off.

I am the only one in my school with a bit of facial hair on my chin, I shave the side hairs but I want to shave or trim my chin because it distracts students and it makes me feel uneasy. :(

My dad has a full grown beard and he tells me it is haram to shave it. In my head I am thinking I want to shave it off because I want it will grow anyways, I want to grow it after I get out of highschool because it is bothering me and other people in school.

There is no obedience to the creation in disobedience to the Creator.
    "When a man sees the road as long he weakens in his walk." Ibn Qayyim

Comment

Don't shave it.

Comment

Keep it. Always good to stay strong in our faith.

Comment

The way you worded the title about needing to help grow your beard I thought you wanted us to pull on the beard till it grew

Comment

Wa alaikum salam brother.

Let your beard grow. Then you can be the outstanding one in the whole class! Isnt that something good to feel about? Im sure it is:)

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

change schools.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZVEydn3RKk

Comment

Which country do you live in? The school can't force you to shave.

Comment

be a man, be one who submits to the Rabb of all mankind and don't submit to the whims and desires of rebellious creations of Allaah.
                  FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

Assalamalaikum brother,

May you be the ONE from which all other School mates learn from, ameen. so that all those who follow you later seeing your beard all their vitrues you will have a share of them. The first time beard is more valuable and sacred than we get after shaving SO DO NOT SHAVE it . let me leave a Hadith from Bukhari Volume 9, Book 93, Number 651 :

Narrated by Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri
                    The Prophet said, "There will emerge from the East some people who will recite the Qur'an but it will not exceed their throats and who will go out of (renounce) the religion (Islam) as an arrow passes through the game, and they will never come back to it unless the arrow, comes back to the middle of the bow (by itself) (i.e., impossible). The people asked, "What will their signs be?" He said, "Their sign will be the habit of shaving (of their beards). (Fateh Al-Bari, Page 322, Vol. 17th)

This is a VERY STRONG REMINDER to the people who do not take keeping beards Seriously, Its a Misguidance ,we are following our nafs when we completely shave it . My personal opinion is Do not shave AT LEAST keep a thin beard or a goaty for seeking the pleasure of Allah swt ONLY. though Its against your Nafs it protects you and only pious girls will like you so you are saved from hell in this world ( a bad wife) but do it For Allah swt not for women.

But the Most preferred will be a fist size because there are hadith about it and when I see the IMAGE OF Prophet Isa(as) or Jesus (as) its Clearly a fist size and keeping beards was the sunnah of all Prophets

LINK: http://www.sahih-bukhari.com/Pages/results.php5

http://www.islamic-laws.com/beard.htm additional info.
                    My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X