Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Islamic Textbooks

Asalaamu Alaykum,

Insha'Allah this is the right place to post this.
    I have decided to begin working on creating more english language islamic studies textbooks for children. I have some general ideas on how to start, but I wanted to find out some of your opinions.

Which areas are the most important for children to learn early on (say K-3rd grade)?
    Which areas are better for older students (4-6)?
    As an ummah, where are we lacking in english resources for children? How about teenagers?

Also, since I will be getting most of the information from sheiks, books, lectures, etc. is it better to cite everything or just put a works consulted page at the end of the book?

Thank you for any input.

Re: Islamic Textbooks

Originally posted by deendirection View Post
    Asalaamu Alaykum,

Insha'Allah this is the right place to post this.
    I have decided to begin working on creating more english language islamic studies textbooks for children. I have some general ideas on how to start, but I wanted to find out some of your opinions.

Which areas are the most important for children to learn early on (say K-3rd grade)?
    Which areas are better for older students (4-6)?
    As an ummah, where are we lacking in english resources for children? How about teenagers?

Also, since I will be getting most of the information from sheiks, books, lectures, etc. is it better to cite everything or just put a works consulted page at the end of the book?

Thank you for any input.
    Wa Laikum Asalaam Wr Wb Sister,

You can find a few books on my website under the New Muslim page and they start from the very basics. You can recompile them for different age groups but i am not sure how it will work out. Maybe divide each chapter in to further parts so that kids can understand and learn it quickly with feeling the burden of to much to do.

It would be best if you get the Ijaza (permission) from the writers of the books and then include it in your booklets. Mostly what i have seen recently is that people include a works consulted page at the end of the book.

May Allah make it easy for you, grant you success and guide all of us towards the right path. Ameen

Comment

Re: Islamic Textbooks

The should be touched because they do have this sort of content that help us with knowing more and learning new things each day.That is the way mate and what you are talking about is something that works for sure.
      When its about learning Arabic, [URL="http://arabicspeakingcourse.com/ways-learn-arabic-language"]Ways to Learn the Arabic Language [/URL]works for sure.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
      X