healthy ramadan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• healthy ramadan

Salaam Alaikum brothers and sister may Allah shower you with his blessing and mercy. Ramadan is a special month in the Muslim calendar where we fast for the sake and pleasure of Allah and so many people actually think that during Ramadan we loose weight, but actually we gain more weight because we are eating throughout the night because where less active during those times. so my question is, are anyone planning to have a healthy Ramadan by eating less and working out (how can you workout while fasting, any tips). it be very hard for me as I always love the smell of my mum making samosas, they are very delicious.
    I rather be hated by everybody else, but loved by Allah. Than be loved by everybody else and hated by Allah.

Re: healthy ramadan

wa alaikumusalaam,

How about this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRDd...F0266F&index=2

Comment

:wswrwb:

during Ramadan i tend to get full quickly... It only takes some dates, a soup, to get me full... i can't consume as much as i would on a normal day... and i don't sleep till late sometimes... but i know some have to sleep early, and sleeping on a full stomach is not comfortable
      However, you could do exercise after you break your fast... or before you wake up for suhur, wake up an hour earlier then you would, to exercise.

Or wait till Ramadan finishes.
      Bye...

Comment

here is a meal plan for a few days.The meal plan has been written by medical experts in consultation with Islamic scholars.

Fluids (water and juices) and dates should be added to each Suhoor (pre-dawn meal) and Iftar (dinner – the meal which ends the day's fast). The fast is broken with dates, followed by dinner.

Suhoor: a bowl of porridge with milk, one slice of toast and a handful of unsalted nuts
        Iftar: pitta bread with chicken, salad and hummus and one or two pieces of baklava
        Suhoor: wheat-based cereal with milk, a plain scone or crumpet and an apple or banana
        Iftar: chicken with boiled rice, vegetable curry and mixed salad, followed by fruit salad with single cream
        Suhoor: a bowl of shredded wheat or muesli and a pear or orange
        Iftar: baked fish with roasted vegetables, or fish curry with rice followed by sweet vermicelli or one piece of jalebi (an Indian sweet)
        Suhoor: cheese, then one teaspoon of jam with crackers or toast, and a handful of dried fruits
        Iftar: pasta cooked with vegetables and chicken or fish, and a slice of plain cake with custard

Comment

Originally posted by muslimhelp View Post
          here is a meal plan for a few days.The meal plan has been written by medical experts in consultation with Islamic scholars.

Fluids (water and juices) and dates should be added to each Suhoor (pre-dawn meal) and Iftar (dinner – the meal which ends the day's fast). The fast is broken with dates, followed by dinner.

Suhoor: a bowl of porridge with milk, one slice of toast and a handful of unsalted nuts
          Iftar: pitta bread with chicken, salad and hummus and one or two pieces of baklava
          Suhoor: wheat-based cereal with milk, a plain scone or crumpet and an apple or banana
          Iftar: chicken with boiled rice, vegetable curry and mixed salad, followed by fruit salad with single cream
          Suhoor: a bowl of shredded wheat or muesli and a pear or orange
          Iftar: baked fish with roasted vegetables, or fish curry with rice followed by sweet vermicelli or one piece of jalebi (an Indian sweet)
          Suhoor: cheese, then one teaspoon of jam with crackers or toast, and a handful of dried fruits
          Iftar: pasta cooked with vegetables and chicken or fish, and a slice of plain cake with custard
          Do you know how many calories are in one cube of baklava? can range from 500-1000 calories!
          And fruit salads are tasty on its own without the single cream.

But pretty good list.

I must ask though, do you always have a full dessert after meals?... one date before and after is efficient i think.
          Bye...

Comment

:salams
            Healthy all the way!
            Suhoor Guide:
            http://productivemuslim.com/ramadan-...-suhoor-guide/
            Ramadan Food Guide:
            http://productivemuslim.com/how-to-p...food-schedule/

Comment

Originally posted by Fatimah_Bibi View Post
              Thank you for the video sister
              I rather be hated by everybody else, but loved by Allah. Than be loved by everybody else and hated by Allah.

Comment

Originally posted by Al-Mualim View Post
                Thank you brother for the information

Comment

Thank you also for Maghrebia and Muslim help for your help and insight to a healthy Ramadan. I hope you have a blissful month during Ramadan.:up:

Comment

Last edited by Ibna' F; 21-05-14, 08:57 AM.

Comment

I'm seeing a lot of overweight muslims these days, fasting should help but having banquets every night more than cancels it out.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                      X