Q to niqabis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q to niqabis

Have you ever felt that your activities outside the house were restricted because of the niqab?

Re: Q to niqabis

Nope
    Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Comment

Originally posted by Nuuna View Post
      Have you ever felt that your activities outside the house were restricted because of the niqab?
      Yes, because I have to be more conscious of my safety. It doesn't really bother me though, you grow up and things change anyway,

Comment

Yes

By far. I used to wear niqab on a semi permanent basis and it was incredibly restrictive. It'l made me feel super
        self concious about myself if I left outside alone, people would look at me like an alien from outta space, I felt so odd in crowds.
        The niqab kept getting into my eyes.
        Getting into buses were a drag
        I've had quite a few name calling and hisses from people
        Creates unnecessary attention towards you
        Since it's recommended to wear it with gloves , my hands were super hot and sweaty and quite difficult to deal with when handing over money to shop keepers etc

But besides all that you get the most amazing feeling knowing your covered and no man is looking at your beauty, it's also an action that brings you closer to Allah

I don't wear it anymore, because of both personal choice but also family won't let me.

Comment

Originally posted by مسلمة View Post
          Yes, because I have to be more conscious of my safety. It doesn't really bother me though, you grow up and things change anyway,
          Is it possible to find employment wearing niqab?

We struggling here with head cover, so very curious to know how niqabi's manage
          O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

Originally posted by sabah suleiman View Post
            Is it possible to find employment wearing niqab?

We struggling here with head cover, so very curious to know how niqabi's manage
            In Muslim organisations like charities, schools and even some businesses that are in Muslim areas.

Aside from that, it seems working with kids or getting a job where there are all females is best suited to niqaab because it could be removed if there are no men around.

Comment

In Muslim organisations like charities, schools and even some businesses that are in Muslim areas.

Aside from that, it seems working with kids or getting a job where there are all females is best suited to niqaab because it could be removed if there are no men around.
              :jkk: :)
              O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

bit in bold sums up my situation.
                I'm not allowed to wear it on the buses around my end as I'd get abuse sadly. Mum wants me to take the step and wear it permanently but she's also very concerned about my safety as I'm walking alone most of the time. And niqaabi attacks are happening more and more frequently here unfortunately. Most them just go unreported because the women are too scared to or the police won't take it seriously.

What I do is I wear it in the Muslim areas, find a very quiet side alley, and quickly take it off when I'm back in the non-Muslim areas.
                I do have thoughts of 'I don't care, I'mma wear it!' but then fear overtakes me and I quietly slip it off
                :insha: if and when I get a mahram (be it a father or a husband) and/or get my own car, then I'd wear one permanently :insha:- cause I won't have an excuse! I find, in a way, that you'd be less prone to attack in a car then if you would by foot but only Allah knows...
                ⚔ Even in death may you be triumphant ⚔
                U.F Sadaqah Jariyah Project

Comment

Nope

I've even been to the park and played on the swings.

لا تفكر كثيرا
                  بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
                  The children need your prayers more than anyone else
                  www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by F_R View Post
                    Nope

Lol

You got strength girl

Ma sha Allah

It made me feel really intimidated and vulnerable tbh

Comment

Originally posted by UmmAbdulMalik View Post
                      Lol

You got strength girl

Ma sha Allah

It made me feel really intimidated and vulnerable tbh
                      Ask Allah for strength.

If you want something so bad I guess nothing can stop you.

لا تفكر كثيرا
                      بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

Nope

Thought I was a loser at first for being the only one to say nope lol
                        Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Comment

Originally posted by Allah's_Servant View Post
                          Thought I was a loser at first for being the only one to say nope lol
                          Lol no, Niqab doesn't restrict you at all. We restrict ourselves and create further barriers for ourselves and then blame Niqab or hijab or islam.

لا تفكر كثيرا
                          بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

Lol no, Niqab doesn't restrict you at all. We restrict ourselves and create further barriers for ourselves and then blame Niqab or hijab or islam.
                            :') You get me so well. Lol the niqab should make you feel restricted just like the hijab doesn't make you feel restricted. I actually feel more free with niqab

Comment

Originally posted by Allah's_Servant View Post
                              :') You get me so well. Lol the niqab should make you feel restricted just like the hijab doesn't make you feel restricted. I actually feel more free with niqab
                              Exactly :up:

Especially the bold bit alhamdulilah

May Allah accept it from us all ameen.

لا تفكر كثيرا
                              بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X