Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it permissible to have hair gel on while praying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it permissible to have hair gel on while praying?

^^

:salams:

Question's in the title, can I wear gel during prayer? Or do wudhu with gel in my hair?

I mean I can remove it, but my hair is slightly long.. Not shoulder length (obviously) but about 2.75 - 3 inches long.. This is just an estimate but when I'm at uni.. I can't really wash the gel out otherwise my hair won't stay up?

I mean if I have to I will.. but what's the solution here?

Thanks!!
    Raising money for Bangladesh in 2019 - www.justgiving.com/minhajul

Bump.
    Raising money for Bangladesh in 2019 - www.justgiving.com/minhajul

Comment

Re: Is it permissible to have hair gel on while praying?

Originally posted by Minhajul View Post
      ^^

:salams:

Question's in the title, can I wear gel during prayer? Or do wudhu with gel in my hair?

I mean I can remove it, but my hair is slightly long.. Not shoulder length (obviously) but about 2.75 - 3 inches long.. This is just an estimate but when I'm at uni.. I can't really wash the gel out otherwise my hair won't stay up?

I mean if I have to I will.. but what's the solution here?

Thanks!!
      Assalamu alaikoum brother,

If the gel contain alcohol, it is definitely no even if you are not praying. Gel is not an obligation that has to be used. Only if it is for medical purpose but here also one should be careful. As per the advise of our Prophet Mohammad Sallalahu alaihi wassalam if you are doubtful about something stay away from it.

Comment

Wa alaikum salam

Water wont reach for wudhu purposes so I guess you should wash it off or perhaps change your hairstyle.

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Fam change ur hair style, allow the greasy gel
          The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: “It will be said to the companion of the Qur’an: ‘Read, and ascend, and recite as you used to recite in the [previous] world, for your status will be according to the last verse that you recite.’” [At-Tirmidhi (2914) and Abu Dawood (1464)]

Comment

Bro, Dont use gel unless you want to lose your hair.

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Lark View Post
              Wa alaikum salam

Water wont reach for wudhu purposes so I guess you should wash it off or perhaps change your hairstyle.
              How would water not reach? I don't think gel is a coating that water can't go through.
              Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
              - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Ask Abu musaab tomorrow @ 9.30 on ummah radio (post your questions on the ummah radio section)

he is a scholar

be there or be square :-/

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                  How would water not reach? I don't think gel is a coating that water can't go through.
                  Gel by its very nature is a coating. But if you think water can really go through some types then wudhu would be valid.

I would like to hear more answers about this issue, from ulama, just to make sure.

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X