No announcement yet.

Assalam Alaikum, my brothers and sisters in Islam..adhering to our Deen in west

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assalam Alaikum, my brothers and sisters in Islam..adhering to our Deen in west

Assalam Alaikum,Abdur Rashid, and I am 28 year old father of two wonderful children. My son and I declared our Shahada a little over a year ago. Alhamdulilah, our lives have
    changed dramatically. Allah (swt) has blessed us so very much by granting support to us via the ummah, I must proclaim my love and appreciation for all of you. I merely wanted
    to know about any methods that you have all utilized to better improve your deen in a kaffir western nation subsumed by sin. Thank you, my brothers and sisters

Re: Assalam Alaikum, my brothers and sisters in Islam..adhering to our Deen in west

Wa alaykum salam

One thing that makes it easier is keeping the right type of friends, the ones that encourage you to be mindful of Islam, and keeping a distance from people who encourage haram things.

Welcome to the forum

Comment

Re: Assalam Alaikum, my brothers and sisters in Islam..adhering to our Deen in west

Salam, brother...Thank you kindly for your response.

Yes, I've been making every effort to seek only the company of my brothers from the masjid. Most "friends" that were informed of my reversion were struck by complete revulsion, anyway. Alhamdulilah, I need only the company of the ummah as it is.

Comment

wa'alakumsalaam

welcome to the Ummah brother...

my advise brother is stick with the jamaat, try doing your prayers in the masjid as much as you can along with you kids....make a daily habit of reading Quran, 20 min even...sit with your kids and have a commentary so you can read along with explanation.

and lastly jus have sabr and keep steadfast, ask for forgivness whenever you slip up,..Allah mercy outweighs your sin...this is what Islam is all about struggling and fighting the shaytan and nafs till your last breath.

Comment

Salaam Brother Umar...thank you so very kindly.

I have striven to do salah at the masjid at least three evenings a week, and have been checking out my son to attend friday juma prayer, as well. As you have mentioned, brother..I find the shaytaan attempt to divert my deen regularly. Inshallah Allah (swt) will continue to help me overcome fitna

Comment

Wa alaikum salam brother, welcome to the forum and I hope you have a beneficial time on here.

Yes, practicing Islam in a community that is full of vice can be a difficult, but with full faith in Allah, it becomes easy.

May Allah keep you and your children firm on the deen of Islam. Ameen.

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

:salams
              I find not watching the news makes me happy :D
              Ignoring what other people (especially non-Muslims) think of you, it's your deen if they don't like it then I can't do anything about it.
              Trusting in Allah- in hardship and ease!
              Forge ahead!

Comment

Alhamdulilah

Brothers and sisters in Islam..thank you for your responses.

Comment

do stick around on the forum, the muslims on ummah.com are here for you inshaAllah

Comment

Turn off your TV.Solves 50% percent of problems.

Pick up the habit of reading alot, and find informative books. Then dive in.

That's what i do anyway.

Find some muslim friends as well,it helps hugely.

Comment

Originally posted by RJackson View Post
                      Assalam Alaikum,Abdur Rashid, and I am 28 year old father of two wonderful children. My son and I declared our Shahada a little over a year ago. Alhamdulilah, our lives have
                      changed dramatically. Allah (swt) has blessed us so very much by granting support to us via the ummah, I must proclaim my love and appreciation for all of you. I merely wanted
                      to know about any methods that you have all utilized to better improve your deen in a kaffir western nation subsumed by sin. Thank you, my brothers and sisters
                      :salams

Don't hang out with non-muslims (or even Muslims) that invite you to do haraam things. They may mean well, but the Prophet(saw) said that a person follows the religion of his friends. Which is true, our company's habits rub off on us subconsciously. So keep friends who invite you to do good deeds and advise you to totally avoid haraam deeds. I also agree with cutting out the movies, music and tv - because these all affect your subconscious as well.

You know, not that many things are haraam. Almost everything is halaal. Shaytan likes to tease you and tempt you into doing those few haraam things and makes them seem like they are the only fun things on earth to do. So ignore shaytan and stick to halaal activities.

May Allah guide all us Muslims and keep us on the straight path.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                      X