Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you talk to Allah?

Salam alaykum,

I hear this a lot. People say to talk to Allah. How do you talk to Allah?
    I don't know if it's a silly question. It probably is so I apologize.

When I hear people say "talk to Allah" (from online sources) out of loneliness or sadness and things like that, I wanted to know how to do that. I already pray, I make du'a; is that what they mean? I don't know what "talk" means. How do you "talk" to Allah?
    Last edited by petals; 22-06-14, 03:57 AM.

Re: How do you talk to Allah?

:wswrwb:

i literally just talk to Him lol. sometimes out loud and sometimes in whisper. usually when I am very upset or disturbed or confused. I just say what I am feeling even though He knows, it helps me since nobody else is actually capable of caring no matter how good they are.

When I am lonely I talk to Him too.

Also:

found a dua you can say http://www.hisnulmuslim.com/index-pa...4-lang-en.html

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEayNh3a-aI&safe=active
      70 scholars issued fatawas that Imam Ahmad b. Hanbal should be executed! That was the popular opinion back then, don't be fooled by popular opinion today! - Ahmad Musa jibreel

Tawheed Series - click

Comment

Allah is With you - Shaykh al Shinqitee

"When you are obedient to Allah do not feel humiliation and do not feel as though you are weak and if the whole word, and trials surround the people , then know, that you are the dearest to Allah and if they feel rich with the dunya then know that you will be content of Allah and if they seek glory by disobeying Allah, know that glory is reached through obedience. Do not feel weakness, emptiness or failure."

Advice - Shaykh al-Shinqitee

"There is no calamity that strikes mankind, except that Allah provides a better substitute for him as a result of it and recompenses good for it. Don't lose hope and don't be sad, and be with Allah, the Glorified, the Most High. Even if all the calamities in the world befell you. For what is with Allah is greater than what you can imagine."
        Last edited by sliceruk; 12-05-14, 03:31 AM.

http://quran.cc/images/Quranlogo.png........http://i.imgur.com/b066ayL.png

"A person deprives himself of performing Tahajjud by committing sins." - Hasan al Basri

When you are obedient to Allah do not feel humiliation and do not feel as though you are weak and if the whole world, and trials surround the people , then know, that you are the dearest to Allah and if they feel rich with the dunya then know that you will be content of Allah and if they seek glory by disobeying Allah, know that glory is reached through obedience. Do not feel weakness, emptiness or failure. Don't lose hope and don't be sad. Be with Allah, the Glorified, the Most High. Even if all the calamities in the world befell you. For what is with Allah is greater than what you can imagine.
        - Al Shinqitee

Comment

Asaalamu alaikum brothers and sisters.

I talk to Allah(s.w.t) everyday. I talk to Allah(s.w.t) by doing du'a or just talk to Him or just staying in silence and listen to Him from my deep heart. Depends on the day, someday I feel connected to Allah, and I feel strong, but sometimes I feel disconnected and I can't see nor hear, nor study, when I feel like that I feel really depressed. In both situation I talk to Allah as much as I can. You see, for people like me who were rejected from the family because I returned into Islam, and any masjid is far from me, the solitude and shaytan beat you up which is why I talk to Allah(s.w.t) and try to feel connected to Him, because if I feel Him near to me, everything passes.

Comment

I just talk in English or Arabic. I say whatever is in my heart, of course with manners. I just sit in a quiet place and just have a normal conversation. :)
            At first it was really strange for me but now I feel like we are friends ( not in a disrespectful way) haha.
            The tone depends on the situation I am in, if I am sad I tend to obviously get emotional if not I just laugh and say weird things. :up:
            Last edited by Aisha2009; 12-05-14, 11:26 AM.

Comment

You know when you see people in the street talking (via a headset) on their mobile, but sometimes you assume ''who is that guy talking to?'', that is how I 'talk' to Allah. I'm outside doing some zikr or making dua's in which I am moving my mouth.

Literally talking to Allah.

Comment

Originally posted by cho09082489 View Post

i literally just talk to Him lol. sometimes out loud and sometimes in whisper. usually when I am very upset or disturbed or confused. I just say what I am feeling even though He knows, it helps me since nobody else is actually capable of caring no matter how good they are.

When I am lonely I talk to Him too.

Also:

found a dua you can say http://www.hisnulmuslim.com/index-pa...4-lang-en.html
                ^ this.

I just talk to Him in English, like I'm typing here now, and offload all my problems. I find that easier for me.

Before, when I was ignorant, I was told that we can't talk to Allah in the above manner. He gets angry when we do that, He's our Lord and so we can only make du'a in Arabic. We can never speak to Allah in English. How dare you think you can use that immoral language to Allah. As a 6 year old child, I found that I developed a belief that Allah was like a headteacher- and headteachers scared me, so I shied away, believing I was too lowly to ask of Him.

This is why it's important to teach your kids to love Allah and to not place such bizarre requirements on them that they then fear to approach Him and develop that relationship between Master and Servant.
                ⚔ Even in death may you be triumphant ⚔
                U.F Sadaqah Jariyah Project

Comment

Prayer is the strongest link between the slave and Allah (swt), if you perfect it, at least five times a day you will be talking with Allah (swt) asking for the most important things one can ask Him for.
                  والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

Working...
                  X