Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Personal question (brothers only please)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal question (brothers only please)

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah

I have an issue (not sure if this the right place to talk about this stuff I am new here), I have OCD which causes issues like one which is bothering me now is sexual desires are hard to ignore, when I do give into my temptations I get paranoid everything I touch is now impure and must be cleaned, I end up cleaning door handles, laptop, etc. Causes me headaches. I also have issues doing wudhu ghusl as well. It was bad yesterday I could not bring myself to do ghusl I was unsure what happened.

My questions are, should I clean objects like I do?
    What is the bare minimum when I do ghusl? (if I find it being too hard

Re: Personal question (brothers only please)

Originally posted by SullyT View Post
    Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah

I have an issue (not sure if this the right place to talk about this stuff I am new here), I have OCD which causes issues like one which is bothering me now is sexual desires are hard to ignore, when I do give into my temptations I get paranoid everything I touch is now impure and must be cleaned, I end up cleaning door handles, laptop, etc. Causes me headaches. I also have issues doing wudhu ghusl as well. It was bad yesterday I could not bring myself to do ghusl I was unsure what happened.

My questions are, should I clean objects like I do?
    What is the bare minimum when I do ghusl? (if I find it being too hard
    :wswrwb:

First of all, you've already taken the first step in conquering your OCD brother! It's always good to talk about it, so you can find a solution. In'Sha'Allah your problems will be over soon, here's a video to help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ls2RhauICk

^^ This is an islamic video so don't worry about clicking on the link.

If one has these desires one should fast! If your weaker and hungry you'll be less likely to think about these things. Secondly, you should pray as much as you can.. extra rakkat's of sunnah, Tahajud etc. It's crucial, I think it really helps because I have a friend who went through the exact same thing. Right now when you need to confide in someone the best is Allah SWT, you can tell him everything.

Tahajud is great because you can ask for the things you want, reading the Quran, try to strengthen your Imaan as much as possible. I remember my friend telling me that he used to excessively clean his phone so much that one day it got water damage and he had to replace it. Things like phone's, laptop's etc.. It's really a waste of money if your going to continue down this route brother.

Some people have the tendency to do wudhu about 100 times because they feel they are unclean, but remember your wasting water. The best way is to get someone to look over you and say, "Hey your done, you've done it."

Check this video out by Shakyh Hassan Ali, I watched this a while ago, it really helped my friend, and it describes your situation exactly!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSghdDLeJew

^^ Again this is an islamic video do not hesitate to click on the link.

Don't accept this as something you can't control!! You can definitely control it brother! The fact that you asked the question show's that you know yourself that what your doing is wrong, the worst thing is this doubt which is telling you, your unclean, whatever you touch is impure after doing certain acts.

Firstly try to obstain from these acts! They are haram, if you have serious desires you can't control maybe you should consider getting married.

Try telling yourself.. after you've done ghusl, if you feel like doing it again say to yourself. No! I'm not doing it, I'm clean..

Keep up with your five daily prayers, best of luck, if you have any more questions feel free to ask.
    Raising money for Bangladesh in 2019 - www.justgiving.com/minhajul

Comment

Re: Personal question (brothers only please)

Jazzak Allah

that second video was the best I feel, will do my best insha Allah
      I have broken laptops and tv remotes aswell >.<

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
      X