Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a difference between the 'kasrah' at the TOP or the BOTTOM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a difference between the 'kasrah' at the TOP or the BOTTOM?

Salaamu alaikum dear brothers and sisters.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0255.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	495.4 KB
ID:	10785775Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0256.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	498.5 KB
ID:	10785776

The pictures are from the first verse in Surah An-Nas

(Bi Rabi)

I'm working on a project, when I copy the text from Quran.com [kasrah at the bottom] and paste it into the photoshop project the kasrah goes on top of the letter 'ba'.

So my question is, is there a difference between the two, in terms of the meaning and linguistics etc.?
    If so, which one is the correct one [obviously Qur'an.com] and can I still use the photoshop picture?

Any response is appreciated.

Jazakallah Khair.
    Attached Files

Re: Is there a difference between the 'kasrah' at the TOP or the BOTTOM?

Wa alaikum salaam wa rahmatullah

Both ways are correct, and there's no difference between them.
    "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
    (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

Originally posted by the_middle_road View Post
      Wa alaikum salaam wa rahmatullah

Both ways are correct, and there's no difference between them.
      Jazakallah khairyan akhi, so can I use it?
      Sorry for longing it out, but I think it's an important issue.

Comment

edited out..
        Last edited by sliceruk; 10-05-14, 11:55 PM.

http://quran.cc/images/Quranlogo.png........http://i.imgur.com/b066ayL.png

"A person deprives himself of performing Tahajjud by committing sins." - Hasan al Basri

When you are obedient to Allah do not feel humiliation and do not feel as though you are weak and if the whole world, and trials surround the people , then know, that you are the dearest to Allah and if they feel rich with the dunya then know that you will be content of Allah and if they seek glory by disobeying Allah, know that glory is reached through obedience. Do not feel weakness, emptiness or failure. Don't lose hope and don't be sad. Be with Allah, the Glorified, the Most High. Even if all the calamities in the world befell you. For what is with Allah is greater than what you can imagine.
        - Al Shinqitee

Comment

Originally posted by Kazhium View Post
          Jazakallah khairyan akhi, so can I use it?
          Sorry for longing it out, but I think it's an important issue.
          Yes, you may.
          Last edited by the_middle_road; 11-05-14, 12:53 AM.
          "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
          (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

Originally posted by the_middle_road View Post
            If the line, comes below the shaddah symbol then it is a kasrah, even though it is above the letter. It's only when the line is above the shaddah symbol that it becomes a fat-hah. And if you look at the image you can see that it comes below the shaddah, not above it.
            Ahh, didn't know that, جزاك الله خيرا

When a shadda is used on a consonant which also takes a fatḥah /a/, it is written above the shaddah, while if it had a kasrah (a dash below the consonant indicating that it takes a short /i/ as its vowel), the kasrah is written between the consonant and the shaddah, under the shaddah, rather than in its normal place.

http://quran.cc/images/Quranlogo.png........http://i.imgur.com/b066ayL.png

"A person deprives himself of performing Tahajjud by committing sins." - Hasan al Basri

When you are obedient to Allah do not feel humiliation and do not feel as though you are weak and if the whole world, and trials surround the people , then know, that you are the dearest to Allah and if they feel rich with the dunya then know that you will be content of Allah and if they seek glory by disobeying Allah, know that glory is reached through obedience. Do not feel weakness, emptiness or failure. Don't lose hope and don't be sad. Be with Allah, the Glorified, the Most High. Even if all the calamities in the world befell you. For what is with Allah is greater than what you can imagine.
            - Al Shinqitee

Comment

There is no difference in terms of pronunciation.

But in terms of calligraphy and Arabic writing, in Quranic script the"kasrah" is written under the ba, and in MSA, or "newspaper" script, the kasrah is put on top of the ba under the shaddah

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X