Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Muslims_ They Immigrate, But Do They Assimilate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muslims_ They Immigrate, But Do They Assimilate?

Thomas D. Segel is a Texan, now of Harlingen in the deep south Rio Grande Valley. A twice wounded, former combat correspondent, he retired from 26 years of service in the United States Marine Corps. Segel holds eight personal decorations for valor and meritorious service. He also hold the Thomas Jefferson Award for Journalistic Excellence and was named Military Writer of the Year.

http://www.americandaily.com/article/2045
    URGENT!!! your help is badly needed - fundraising for marriage

WHat do they expect from Young Muslims when they are making war against Islam? They are very smart when using the word "intergating" when actually it means making the young muslims like kuffar. Rejecting Allah SWT. Who will protect those young muslims on yawmul qiyamah? The German state?
    Last edited by Huja Usman; 27-06-04, 09:08 PM.

Comment

The lack of integration is a real problem. The internal focus of Muslim society in Western countries is creating real difficulties.

Multiculturalism in Britain has been a real success for native Britons, Africans, Indians, Chinese and many others. It has failed with Muslims, however, because of the intolerance and arrogance of the Western ascendancy and the intolerance and arrogance of Islam.

Who is going to bridge this divide?
      Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

kafirs dont mind practicing kufr

muslims generally, as a rule, reject kufr
        .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
        نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
        دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

assimiltion is kufr
          integration is kufr

Comment

So why emmigrate to a Western Country at all?

Just wondering.

BS

Comment

when american or british come to our country, they came to take over, not to integrate

why we are not allowed to do that also? :p
              pass the chutney, ahmed bhai.

Comment

Originally posted by typical asian
                why we are not allowed to do that also? :p
                Better adab?

Comment

Islam allows "culture" as long as it doesnt contradict Islamic teachings.

So, if British culture means alcohol, immoral dress codes, x, y, z etc. then of course you wont find Muslims "integrating".

You will find chinese, Indians, Africans etc. "integrating" as they have no such restrictions in their native cultures.

A bit unsure about Indian culture (as I have a feeling that Indians/Hindu's also like their women dressed modestly) but then again, that may be based on culture alone, rather than on religion (?) and culture is something that you can pick and choose from... religion, however, is a total way of life.

Comment

By integrate I mean being active in local events, charities, schools etc. I know most muslims don't take advantage of their right to vote because it's not a "muslim" government - but the rest seems harmless.

As for the colonial thing - are you saying Muslims are trying to conquer/colonize Western countries?

Thanks.

BS

Comment

Originally posted by BirdShot
                      By integrate I mean being active in local events, charities, schools etc. I know most muslims don't take advantage of their right to vote because it's not a "muslim" government - but the rest seems harmless.

As for the colonial thing - are you saying Muslims are trying to conquer/colonize Western countries?

Thanks.

BS
                      yes
                      .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                      نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                      دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Oh, thanks for clearing that one up for me. ;)

BS

Comment

Originally posted by BirdShot
                          The lack of participation in local events, charities and schools is something that needs working on, and is not a reflection of a peoples unwillingness to integrate, rather, there are other factors involved.

There are a range of things that can fall under local events, so it fall backs to what or what not is permissible under Islam.

Charitiy work - I know many Muslims who participate in charity work. Those organisations may not work under the banner of an "english" or "american" charities, but there are many Muslim charity organisations out there, example: orphan aid.

Yes, Muslims need to be more active in these areas, as it is part of our faith to help the poor and needy; many Muslims may believe that they are doing their bit by paying the annual Zakat and the Zakat ul Fitr (payable on Eid ul Fitr).

Schools - Dont know much about this area.

In any case, you have to take many other factors into consideration. With respect to the last category, many parents may not be able to speak english properly, so this will affect their participation in schools. Insha'Allaah, we will see improvement in this area in the next generations.

Comment

Peace be upon you all,

If by integration/assimilation you mean beer bongs and nightly binges, Baywatch culture, booty calls and bad language in every sentence....I think Muslim kids would do well to stay away from that kind of integration or assimilation.

I know Muslim kids who dare to be different and they like to hang around with friends that are like them. Nothing wrong in that at all. They should be praised.

There are plenty of Muslim private schools (about 400 I think) as well in America - they have to turn away students becasue they don't want overcrowding. They are outstanding in Academic achievements (Al Iman, Al Razi and Al Noor in the NYC area).

My son goes to a non-religious private school (not an Islamic one) but majority of his education is done at home anyway.

I find the school has a Muslim principal and a couple of Muslim teachers.

Muslims have integrated or assimilated fairly well in America, in my opinion:

http://usinfo.state.gov/products/pub...e/homepage.htm

"American values are, by and large, very consistent with Islamic values, with a focus on family, faith, hard work, and an obligation to better self and society."

We came to western shores to bring our values here.

What kind of immigrant assimilation are we talking about exactly?

When the early Christian American immigrants landed on the shores of America - did they assimilate and integrate?

Look at the Amish in Pennsylvania and the Jews in Brooklyn, NY - have they integrated or have they assimilated like the Muslims?

Peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Amir Ali
                              Peace be upon you all,

If by integration/assimilation you mean beer bongs and nightly binges, Baywatch culture, booty calls and bad language in every sentence....I think Muslim kids would do well to stay away from that kind of integration or assimilation.

I know Muslim kids who dare to be different and they like to hang around with friends that are like them. Nothing wrong in that at all. They should be praised.

There are plenty of Muslim private schools (about 400 I think) as well in America - they have to turn away students becasue they don't want overcrowding. They are outstanding in Academic achievements (Al Iman, Al Razi and Al Noor in the NYC area).

My son goes to a non-religious private school (not an Islamic one) but majority of his education is done at home anyway.

I find the school has a Muslim principal and a couple of Muslim teachers.

Muslims have integrated or assimilated fairly well in America, in my opinion:

http://usinfo.state.gov/products/pub...e/homepage.htm

"American values are, by and large, very consistent with Islamic values, with a focus on family, faith, hard work, and an obligation to better self and society."

We came to western shores to bring our values here.

What kind of immigrant assimilation are we talking about exactly?

When the early Christian American immigrants landed on the shores of America - did they assimilate and integrate?

Look at the Amish in Pennsylvania and the Jews in Brooklyn, NY - have they integrated or have they assimilated like the Muslims?

Peace.
                              exellent.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X