Misguiding the bachelors through senseless quotes related to "married life"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misguiding the bachelors through senseless quotes related to "married life"

Tonight a student shared his insecurities about marriage. His mind seemed to be fed with bad knowledge by some married people about the complications of a "married life", how you lose freedom, other women look more attractive....etc.

I also recalled my bachelor days, how some people used to say, "Eyes of a woman look like that of a myna (bird) before marriage & that of a parrot after marriage". Such senseless quotes used to leave a bad taste, but Alhamdulillah, it has been almost 7 years & my wife's eyes look even more beautiful to me with every passing day. (Masha'Allah)

The loss of attraction towards wife & gain of attraction towards stranger girls after marriage must be due to impurity of the nafs, caused by not protecting one's gaze (may Allah protect us all), as ALLAH has made marriage a pure relationship where love & attraction should grow with every passing day. (May ALLAH increase our love for our spouse)
    Read not to contradict and confute, not to believe and take for granted, not to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider. Inhale positive, exhale negative

Re: Misguiding the bachelors through senseless quotes related to "married life"

Finally.
    A nice thread by a happily married muslim brother masha Allah. With only good things to say about a wife and marriage.

If there's more of you out there...SPEAK UP more often, please. This forum is depressing with all its women-bashing and hating from the very vocal single brothers.

Jazakallah khair brother. May Allah swt increase the love between you and your wife with each passing day and bless you with a wonderful marriage filled with happiness, ameen.

Comment

Re: Misguiding the bachelors through senseless quotes related to "married life"

Erm, I would like to ask, dont you get bored of the same peraonr everyday, especially considering personal space. This is my fear. And dont you feel attracted to younger woman especially as the Mrs puts on some weight. I know you said about lowering the gaze but still, its inevitable that you will see other woman.

And also How has your life with friends been effected? Your social life.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X