taken for granted till deprived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• taken for granted till deprived

My new office is no way better than my previous one, except that it has one thing that I missed a lot, a WINDOW. My colleagues find it awkward when they see me time & again standing near the window enjoying the natural sunlight. One of them rightly said, "You seem to get charged by the sunlight ?!"I had never thought that I would miss sunlight so much in my office, till I spent 3 years in one having none.

My longest & most pleasant "sajda" was the first one on the ground after being deprived of it for 9 months due to a knee injury (Hence prayed on chair)

Every time I go out of KSA, people who are with me realize that I am not listening to them, but unintentionally am lost in the beautiful greenery visible from the car window. They also realize how "greenery starved" my eyes had become after spending a year in the desert.

It is good to sometimes visit graves, hospitals & jails. To spend sometime in villages with almost no electricity, water, food...etc. To meet people who miss a lot their late mother/ father/ spouse/ brother/ sister....etc. Because, if I don't make myself value the blessings when they are there, nature would force me to value it when a specific blessing is no more.
    Read not to contradict and confute, not to believe and take for granted, not to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider. Inhale positive, exhale negative

Re: taken for granted till deprived

Good point and good thread.
    Visit my channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

Comment

Thought this was going to be a spouse moaning about their marriage lol.

Good points though.
      Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

^ lol. JazakAllah khair.

Just found this quote online, that seems relevant to the topic:

“I have learned that some of the nicest people you’ll ever meet are those who have suffered a traumatic event or loss. I admire them for their strength, but most especially for their life gratitude - a gift often taken for granted by the average person in society.”

I am always in search of such people, as they are an asset & their experience is a source of guidance. They help you in learning lessons without going through the difficulties that they went through.
        Last edited by Submit To Peace; 01-05-14, 12:27 PM.
        Read not to contradict and confute, not to believe and take for granted, not to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider. Inhale positive, exhale negative

Comment

My husband once told me, most of the pious/practicing people are those who have suffered in life & that made them closer to allah vs. the average joe.

I have seen it to be true in lot of instance

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X