This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E = mc^2 is Shirk

**** [B]MODS, please close this thread, I replaced it with another one in the Ummah lounge./B]

:jkk:
    Last edited by Muslimman3; 27-04-14, 09:28 PM.
    ومن يتوكل على الله فهو حسبه
    And whosoever puts his trust in Allah,
    Then He will suffice him.

Re: E = mc^2 is Shirk

Originally posted by Muslimman3 View Post
    :start: brothers and sisters,

I have a question pertaining to the title. I'm currently taking a course from IOU and I fell on this:

"Einstein's Theory of Relativity (E = mc2, Energy is equal to mass times the square of the speed of light) taught in all schools is in fact an expression of Shirk in al-Asmaa was-Sifaat. The theory states that energy can neither be created nor destroyed; it merely transforms into matter and vice versa. However, both matter and energy are created entities and they both will be destroyed as Allaah clearly states:"

"Allaah is the creator of all things..."

"Everything in (the world) will perish..."

The theory also implies that mass and energy are eternal having no beginning or end since they are supposed to be uncreated and transform into each other. However, this attribute belongs only to Allaah who alone is without beginning or end.

I never really thought about the first law of thermodynamics as being a statement of shirk until today and I'm a bit confused. It's true that Allah SWT can do whatever he wishes but this law of thermodynamics refers only to the universe we live in [I think], and not to what was in it's place before the BigBang or after the Last Hour .
    In other words, this 1st law of thermodynamics seems to be true in terms of current knowledge of the universe and since it's Allah SWT who created the law of physics like gravity, why is this statement considered to be shirk?

Source: http://books.google.ca/books?id=M1iG...sifaat&f=false

There are a lot of things that islam and science do not agree on. I have never looked at it like this though.

Comment

Originally posted by Fliz View Post
      There are a lot of things that islam and science do not agree on. I have never looked at it like this though.
      That's not true

Comment

Im insulted that such a thread exists
        How dare they challenge me with their primitive skills? They're just as good as dead

Comment

Originally posted by Hadid View Post
          That's not true
          how so?

Comment

Well, any Muslim will keep in mind that Allah does create and destroy energy while studying it.
            www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

I think these laws are applicable in this universe only where the God does not live. So it is not Shirk I think, if you say for this universe only, and not beyond this universe. Because we do not know what is beyond this universe.

Comment

Working...
              X