Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to deal with overly sensitive person?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to deal with overly sensitive person?

:salams

Do you have friends or family who are overly sensitive people?

How do you deal with them?

Isn't it tiring to take care of their emotion all the time? For example if you don't reply their messages, they think you are upset with them. Though you are just busy. I mean, come on the world doesn't only revolve around their feelings.

Any tips or tricks?

They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it (61 : 8)

How to deal with overly sensitive person?

Last edited by iRepIslam; 27-04-14, 09:12 AM.
    The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: “It will be said to the companion of the Qur’an: ‘Read, and ascend, and recite as you used to recite in the [previous] world, for your status will be according to the last verse that you recite.’” [At-Tirmidhi (2914) and Abu Dawood (1464)]

Comment

Re: How to deal with overly sensitive person?

:salams

No. Everyone in my family was raised to hide their emotions. Anyone who expresses them is mocked. Usually when someone is being a wuss, they mock them to 'toughen them up' (shut them up). I've always disagreed with this method but, 1 girl vs family never ends in my favor lol.

I don't know how to deal with emotional people, they make me uncomfortable. I have a friend who often has emotional breakdowns (anxiety problems) and I usually end up patting her back and buying her ice cream or something to distract her. Dunno if I'm doing it right or not, so don't copy me if you don't think that will work with your loved ones :)

Comment

:wswrwb:

Well , Their is no hard and fast rule to make them realise.
        You just need to adjust accordingly , or need to be less sensitive and you need to be the type of person who needs to stop worrying ,cos if you keep worrying you will spend the next few weeks , trying to make up for something you did not even think in the first place.

If you are not the worrying type, then eventually they will get over it.

Normaly , you tend to know with family or friends who the real emotional ones are, in most cases it will be single figures.
        So it is easy to keep track and whenever a situation or meeting takes place you know how to react with them.

Also, if friends their is something else you can do,
        Go to their room , stick a note in their bedroom door stating that , Staple it to the wall.
        'MJ may sometimes not text you back ,or answer ,COS SHE IS BUSY ,She is still your best friend '
        Visit my channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

Comment

I was that overly sensitive person once. Good times.... ;)

I changed ,alot. But at that time, i just wished people would just deal in facts, tell me the truth and nothing but the truth.

Sensitive people are usually reliant on others for their emotional needs, but if you tell them some harsh truths and/or don't allow them to wallow in their emotions, they can be very reasonable.

Be there for them but don't feel like you have to sacrifice your life to them. If you can't be there at that moment for whatever reason, then say that it. In a calm manner.

Comment

Senstive people

I'm quite sensitive towards certain things.....

Generally, though I could care less

Overly senstivie people are frustrating. Had a friend like that once in highschool.
            Its depressing, she'd get sad if one person commented about her hair and would obsess over it for days

They need to realize the world doesnt revolve around them

No-one cares if someone doesnt like you. Get over yourself

Anyway,

OP -

Buy them a stuffed toy and tell them to punch it everytime, they get 'hurt'

Comment

This may not seem the most polite thing, but just straight up tell them that they're being sensitive. I know people like that, and I think it may hurt their feelings a bit, but in the long run, they'll understand
              www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by UmmAbdulMalik View Post
                Senstive people

I'm quite sensitive towards certain things.....

Generally, though I could care less

Overly senstivie people are frustrating. Had a friend like that once in highschool.
                Its depressing, she'd get sad if one person commented about her hair and would obsess over it for days

They need to realize the world doesnt revolve around them

No-one cares if someone doesnt like you. Get over yourself

Anyway,

OP -

Buy them a stuffed toy and tell them to punch it everytime, they get 'hurt'

I do
                And whatever you have of favor - it is from Allah. Then when adversity touches you, to Him you cry for help

[an-Nahl 16:53].

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X