One of my good friends has just turned homose****

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One of my good friends has just turned homose****

OP dnt be friends with that person any longer. Next thing you know hell be coming on to you.

Give him dawah from distance inshallah and may Allah have mercy on you.

Itwasjimmyjimmy, noone is born gay.

Comment

Originally posted by Constant Hope View Post
      I think you know the Muslim viewpoint on homosexuality. Even if you were 'born' gay, you can't act out a single homosexual desire. Thoughts aren't sinful, but the actions as a result of them are. So a guy can think of kissing a man (or a woman he's not married to), but as long as they don't do that, there's no sin. I don't know how people can deny Allah exists with even stuff like Intelligent Design Science showing clear signs there is a creator.
      But really a Muslim is not allowed to entertain those thoughts otherwise it becomes a choice...the thoughts that are being referred to in Islam that are not sinful are the ones that first occur and you fight to get rid of them..it doesn't mean you can fantasise and be a homo in your mind.

These types of thoughts are still considered to be whisperings of Shaytan or from the lower untamed nafs..which can also be reduced and got rid of by remembering Allah consistently and doing extra ibaadah...
      Last edited by Umm_Hanzalah; 25-04-14, 03:35 PM.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZVEydn3RKk

Comment

Originally posted by iwasjimmyjimmy View Post
        OK, well it isn't the first time a religious person has felt sorry for me, and suggested that I don't have meaning in my life. Christians do it as well, and they feel sorry for you and you feel sorry for them, and we all feel sorry for each other, like a big circular hug.

I do appreciate you putting it into your own words though, and not just quoting scripture.

And I don't doubt you are sincere, as most people here are.
        Look, i'm being real with you, because we have proven time and time again where Christianity and Judaism went wrong because of the hands of men. Islam is the only unchanged religion and final revelation of Allah. Muslims may not be perfect, but the alternative is not a very pretty thought for Muslims if we don't go to Jannah. The sincere goal of Muslims is to propagate the true word of the almighty. I've actually found it's easier to convince Christians etc. because they already have the faith in the almighty, but haven't been exposed to Islam in a positive enough light and had Christianity properly evaluated to them and have the contradictions pointed out.

The thing is, we take you through step by step so you can see Islam is the one true religion left in the world. It literally is 'last chance saloon'. Can I just ask why you don't accept Islam and the religion? What is it that has made you not see it as a way to live your life and attain a peaceful and happy afterlife?

Inshallah by simply being on here you can start seeing through the reasons you hold and accept Islam.
        I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

Originally posted by Umm_Hanzalah View Post
          But really a Muslim is not allowed to entertain those thoughts otherwise it becomes a choice...the thoughts that are being referred to in Islam that are not sinful are the ones that first occur and you fight to get rid of them..it doesn't mean you can fantasise and be a homo in your mind.
          I understand what you're saying, but the bottom line is thought without action isn't sinful regardless of whether you 'entertain' it or not. It's only the action that has sin. People struggle with many a thought which is why we're not sinful as a result of just thoughts. It's the action carried out based on thoughts and desires that is.

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

I understand what you're saying, but the bottom line is thought without action isn't sinful regardless of whether you 'entertain' it or not. It's only the action that has sin. People struggle with many a thought which is why we're not sinful as a result of just thoughts. It's the action carried out based on thoughts and desires that is.
            The evidence for this opinion is the view favoured by a number of scholars, that if thoughts that cross the mind become entrenched and may turn into something that one resolves to do, then they come under the heading of things for which one is accountable, and that haraam fantasies that a person deliberately calls to mind are not covered by forgiveness, because they have been thought of deliberately and the person will be called to account for that.

Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: The reason why passing thoughts are forgiven is what we have mentioned above, that they cannot be avoided. But it is possible to avoid dwelling on them. Hence dwelling on them is haraam.

Al-Adhkaar (345).

If they are struggling against them, then obviously that's not sinful, but dwelling on them is different
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZVEydn3RKk

Comment

Originally posted by Umm_Hanzalah View Post
              The evidence for this opinion is the view favoured by a number of scholars, that if thoughts that cross the mind become entrenched and may turn into something that one resolves to do, then they come under the heading of things for which one is accountable, and that haraam fantasies that a person deliberately calls to mind are not covered by forgiveness, because they have been thought of deliberately and the person will be called to account for that.

Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: The reason why passing thoughts are forgiven is what we have mentioned above, that they cannot be avoided. But it is possible to avoid dwelling on them. Hence dwelling on them is haraam.

Al-Adhkaar (345).
              :jkk: for sharing that, but Allahu Alam. There isn't absolutely conclusive evidence to either side. I'm with the opinion that not acting on the thought is what counts. Only when you act on it do you become sinful.

Comment

...The first thoughts they ever have about attraction, are homosexual thoughts. They never had any straight thoughts...
                Interesting claims. You know what's coming next...

Comment

Look, i'm being real with you, because we have proven time and time again where Christianity and Judaism went wrong because of the hands of men. Islam is the only unchanged religion and final revelation of Allah. Muslims may not be perfect, but the alternative is not a very pretty thought for Muslims if we don't go to Jannah. The sincere goal of Muslims is to propagate the true word of the almighty. I've actually found it's easier to convince Christians etc. because they already have the faith in the almighty, but haven't been exposed to Islam in a positive enough light and had Christianity properly evaluated to them and have the contradictions pointed out.

The thing is, we take you through step by step so you can see Islam is the one true religion left in the world. It literally is 'last chance saloon'. Can I just ask why you don't accept Islam and the religion? What is it that has made you not see it as a way to live your life and attain a peaceful and happy afterlife?

Inshallah by simply being on here you can start seeing through the reasons you hold and accept Islam.
                  What I can say is that I do not need any more meaning to my life, and to say any religion has been proved is using those words in a different way than I would use them.

"Proof" to me, only makes sense in relation to mathematics.

Where science is concerned, "proof" is not an accurate word, because all you can really say is that you can see enough evidence to be convinced, or that you place some trust (which is not the same as faith) in the expertise of others.

Regarding religion, there is absolutely no evidence that I would accept (empirical evidence that is) to support any god at all, never mind calling it "proof".

Comment

...there is absolutely no evidence that I would accept (empirical evidence that is) to support any god at all, never mind calling it "proof".
                    This is why you shouldn't use words like 'science'.

Comment

What I can say is that I do not need any more meaning to my life, and to say any religion has been proved is using those words in a different way than I would use them.

"Proof" to me, only makes sense in relation to mathematics.

Where science is concerned, "proof" is not an accurate word, because all you can really say is that you can see enough evidence to be convinced, or that you place some trust (which is not the same as faith) in the expertise of others.

Regarding religion, there is absolutely no evidence that I would accept (empirical evidence that is) to support any god at all, never mind calling it "proof".

Watch this please. Scientific based and logically takes you through things on a mathematic basis too.

May Allah provide you with enough evidence to be convinced he exists in your heart and let you pursue Islam. Ameen.

Comment

Working...
                      X