Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cat Urinated on carpet, now its najis how to clean it to make it pak??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat Urinated on carpet, now its najis how to clean it to make it pak??

I heard you can just scrub it, but wouldn't scrubbing it just make it worse because you're just pushing the najis (cat piss) onto further areas.
    and I also was told in order to make something paak you have to run it under water, since I can't run the carpet under water, nor i can take it off, (recently bought carpets) what should i do?
    thanks.
    edit response Asalam alakum, first of all I apologies for not being so polite to start conversation with respectful islamic manner I was stressed so I rushed through it, the carpet is glued to the floor and it's thin and the pee cannot also be seen, the cat didn't exactly piss on the floor he pissed in his litter box but he managed to walk on the pee and got his feet wet and walked on the carpet, but as I could smell it I managed to catch him before he could walk on further areas of carpet, after sniffing the carpet myself I managed to find few spots that smell of cat pee but cannot be seen, on top of the carpet I had a persian rug, and I fully washed my rug in the bathtub, but the pee slightly penetrated the rug and can now be smelt on the carpet, but it did not make the carpet wet but just smell of pee, what to do?
    Last edited by Logan; 22-04-14, 02:03 PM.

Re: Cat pissed on carpet, now its najis how to clean it to make it pak??

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

As-salāmu `alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.

1) Impure carpet does not become pure by merely wiping the carpet with a sponge thrice.

Depending on the nature of the impurity that soiled the carpet, you could purify the carpet in the following ways:

i) This first method is for purifying a carpet which is soiled by an impurity that cannot be seen after it dries up, such as urine:Repeat the following procedure three times:

Pour water over the impure section of the carpet then dry the carpet with a clean sponge or cloth. You must ensure that the carpet dries at least to the extent that it does not drip water if you were to lift it up (This is for thick carpets that cannot be squeezed. If the carpet is thin and can be squeezed then it will be necessary to squeeze out the water after pouring water each time. When squeezing out the water the third time, one must squeeze hard so that it stops dripping water).

Once the procedure above is carried out three times, the carpet will become pure. [1]

ii) This second method is also for purifying a carpet which is soiled by an impurity that cannot be seen after it dries up, such as urine:Estimate how much water would be needed to immerse the impure section of the carpet in a utensil. Thereafter, pour the estimated amount of water multiplied by three on the impure section of the carpet. For example, if you estimated that one litre of water would be needed to immerse the impure section of the carpet in a utensil, three litres of water will have to be poured over the impure section of the carpet. Doing this once will purify the carpet. You may then dry the carpet with a sponge or cloth. [2]

iii) This third method is for purifying a carpet which is soiled by an impurity that can be seen after it dries up, such as blood:Pour water over the impure section of the carpet until the impurity disappears. This is regardless of how much water is poured and how many times water is poured i.e. whether water is poured less than three times, three times or more than three times. The condition is that the impurity must disappear. However, if the trace of the impurity, such as colour of the blood, cannot be removed with water (although it can be removed with soap or detergent), it will not be necessary to remove the trace of the impurity. [3]

2) If the impurity on the sponge is of the type that cannot be seen when it dries up, such as urine, then to purify the sponge, wash it three times and squeeze out all the water each time. When squeezing out the water the third time, squeeze hard so that it stops dripping water.

Alternatively, you may hold the sponge under running tap until three times the amount of water needed to immerse the sponge in a utensil flows through the sponge. This method does not require washing three times and squeezing.

If the impurity on the sponge is of the type that can be seen when it dries up, such as blood, then to purify the sponge, hold it under running water until the impurity disappears. However, if the trace of the impurity, such as colour of the blood, cannot be removed with water (although it can be removed with soap or detergent), it will not be necessary to remove the trace of the impurity. [4]

And Allah knows best.

Ml. Faizal Riza
    Student, Darul Iftaa
    Australia

Checked and Approved by:
    Mufti Ebrahim Desai

Comment

Asalam alakum, first of all I apologies for not being so polite to start conversation with respectful islamic manner I was stressed so I rushed through it, the carpet is glued to the floor and it's thin and the pee cannot also be seen, the cat didn't exactly piss on the floor he pissed in his litter box but he managed to walk on the pee and got his feet wet and walked on the carpet, but as I could smell it I managed to catch him before he could walk on further areas of carpet, after sniffing the carpet myself I managed to find few spots that smell of cat pee but cannot be seen, on top of the carpet I had a persian rug, and I fully washed my rug in the bathtub, but the pee slightly penetrated the rug and can now be smelt on the carpet, but it did not make the carpet wet but just smell of pee, what to do?

Comment

Originally posted by Logan View Post
        Asalam alakum, first of all I apologies for not being so polite to start conversation with respectful islamic manner I was stressed so I rushed through it, the carpet is glued to the floor and it's thin and the pee cannot also be seen, the cat didn't exactly piss on the floor he pissed in his litter box but he managed to walk on the pee and got his feet wet and walked on the carpet, but as I could smell it I managed to catch him before he could walk on further areas of carpet, after sniffing the carpet myself I managed to find few spots that smell of cat pee but cannot be seen, on top of the carpet I had a persian rug, and I fully washed my rug in the bathtub, but the pee slightly penetrated the rug and can now be smelt on the carpet, but it did not make the carpet wet but just smell of pee, what to do?
        Wa Laikum Asalaam Wr Wb,

If it did not make the carpet wet then just wipe it three times BUT in case it did then the above ruling of cleaning the carpet will apply.

Maybe you can use a good carpet cleaning perfumed soap or something else to get rid of the smell.

May Allah guide you and all of us towards the right path. Ameen

Comment

Re: Cat Urinated on carpet, now its najis how to clean it to make it pak??

Asalam alakum, I did what you said, I actually did 2 things, I washed a sping and squirted the water out of it till it was just about damp, wiped it then washed the sponge again repeated this 3x, then I additionally poured water 3x to the areas effected and put the sponge on the carpet and wiped it until the sponge soaked up all the water or at least much as possible till a point where it was so difficult to even get a drop of water off the sponge, but I noticed as I was doing this naturally the area got bigger as the water was being wipped around more of the carpet got wet and effected, those this mean more areas of the carpet is now najis? because the water as was being wiped and poured it naturally made more areas wet, so I ended up wiping bigger and bigger areas and everytime I wiped it I would end up wiping more areas?
          I hope that made sense, is it still najis? or insallah is it pak now?

Comment

Wa Laikium Asalaam Wr Wb

It will be pak now Insha Allah and you mentioned that the carpet was not wet but had smell of urine so how will it become Najis?

It will be najis only if the urine was on the carpet and i have mentioned this to you earlier - if the carpet had urine on it then you need to follow the instructions given in the earlier post.

May Allah guide you and all of us towards the right path. Ameen
            Last edited by TalibIelm; 22-04-14, 07:15 PM.

Comment

I'm not sure, but because the urine went through the rug (I check back of the rug and it was wet) and I checked/smelt same spot under the rug on the carpet (I have rugs on top of my carpet) it smelt of urine, so I assumed it must of dried or barely managed to get on the carpet so little that it was not noticeable, and to me that's still najis seen as I could also smell it on the carpet but it was dry?
              And I read through your instructions I followed 2 of your instructions the wiping one with sponge 3 times then pouring water on carpet and wiping and soaking up the water back up with sponge 3x until it was unable to give out water, so hopefully it's no longer najis pray for me I hope I followed your instructions carefully as some of it did not make sense to me ( I have dyslexia).

Comment

Insha Allah it will be pak and you tried your best.

May Allah accept your effort and reward you for it. Ameen

Comment

Logan, pets and carpet don't mix. Get rid of one of them or put a nappy on that cat.

Comment

spray vinegar on it, it will neutralize the odor.

Comment

Originally posted by *Aisha View Post
                      spray vinegar on it, it will neutralize the odor.
                      vanilla essence is also VERY effective
                      meow

Comment

Oh man, I feel sorry for you Op

Originally posted by ssh View Post
                        Logan, pets and carpet don't mix. Get rid of one of them or put a nappy on that cat.
                        loooool best idea
                        O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

You can also try baking soda to remove smell from your carpet.. It helped me to remove smell from my Corridor Carpet .. Just spread it on your carpet at night and then vacuum it next morning.. There will be no smell in your carpet.. Try this out..

Comment

I'm sorry for bumping this old thread, but I've finally found something that works for me!

One of my 2 cats (both neutered males) had taken to painting all of my walls, furniture, and anything else he could reach. I was horrified when I got a UV light. He never did that in all of the 9 years I've had him and didn't when I got him a buddy (they love each other and did so right away) but when a strange black cat started showing up outside both of my cats went nuts and the older one (9) started his wall painting, as well as the curtains out in the kitty room. I couldn't keep up with it.

My cats are indoor cats so it's not like the stray is actually going to get in here but they both hate him (and he is weird...my neighbor's cats hate him too). I've tried cleaning with a pet urine enzyme and then spraying some "No More Spraying" but that hasn't worked.

He's a sneaky little bugger too; he waits until he thinks I'm not looking and then does it. He's learned that the minute I see him backing his butt up to something he gets yelled at.

It wasn't until I found "Cat Spraying No More" that I was able to finally get rid of this tiresome behavior. Now my house nor my ropes don't smell like a litter box anymore

Here's a link the their site if you're interested in checking it out, I highly recommend this: nomorecatpee.com

Comment

burn the carpet, then burn the house. and just in case anything remained of the impurity, burn the land around it too. Joking, Does one truly understand the meaning of impurity which is mentioned in Qur'an? Clean it to make it germ free (knowing that urine doesn't have a lot of bugs to begin with but will grow bugs if you let it sit to the best of my knowledege and I'm not an islamic scholar ) and find out the ruling from Qur'an and Sunnah, not the trillions of sheikh who gives zillions of fatwa.

Comment

Working...
                              X