Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does this have Islamic basis or is it a myth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does this have Islamic basis or is it a myth?

Originally posted by Grimmjow View Post
    See? If someone could show me Islamic evidence for or against this, it would make life a little easier lol because shaking my leg is a habit.
    sorry ukhti i forget the detail and will try and find out inshallah

person who told me did so as i too had the habit and was a knowledgeable person who only gave Islamic viewpoints. doesn't mean they cant be wrong obviously but i trusted them and so basically just ''blindly'' followed. Never thought about it since but need to clarify now

Comment

every other person in my classes was one of those leg twitchers and would do just that. We once had a small earthquake and for a moment I thought to myself "why is there shaking when no one by me is twitching their leg" and then I realized what was happening >.<

Comment

Originally posted by Constant Hope View Post
        Well, does this all have a direct impact on you? Think about it, the mosques have full time prayer areas. They're always out flat. So it stands to reason it's just a superstitious statement.

If anybody can provide daleel usually that is STRONG, then you should accept it. I also think it's unwise to shake your leg around excessively, but if OP does it the way I think, it's minor. Just some people find it annoying.
        That is what I thought as well.
        Say (O Muhammad SAW to mankind):
        “If you (really) love Allāh then follow me (i.e. accept Islāmic Monotheism, follow the Qur’ān and the Sunnah), Allāh will love you and forgive you of your sins. And Allāh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.” (Aali Imran 3:31)

Comment

Originally posted by samin62 View Post
          I have heard people telling me, if you keep your prayer mat open when you aren't praying then shaytan gets on it and prays.

to be honest, I see nothing wrong with that. Its a good thing.
          Subhan'Allah, this is what my parents were telling me before! When I got a bit older, I just told them that I will let the Shaytan pray, so I might get some of their hasanat :P
          ومن يتوكل على الله فهو حسبه
          And whosoever puts his trust in Allah,
          Then He will suffice him.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimmjow View Post
            My grandma keeps telling me that shaking your leg (you know, when you're impatient or something) is haram because it imitates the kuffar.

Does anyone know if this has any islamic basis or is it a "cultural" thing?
            No never heard that one, my mum used to say you shouldn't swing your leg back and forth while sitting, you're giving the shaitaan a ride, so being the miser I am, I stopped, until he learns to pay up, nothing for free.

Comment

I do it all the time. Its a genetic thing apparently

Hope it aint haraam lol, there wont be much I could do about it
              Believe
              there is
              good in the world

Comment

Working...
              X