Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does this have Islamic basis or is it a myth?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Does this have Islamic basis or is it a myth?

    My grandma keeps telling me that shaking your leg (you know, when you're impatient or something) is haram because it imitates the kuffar.


    Does anyone know if this has any islamic basis or is it a "cultural" thing?
    www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

  • #2
    Re: Does this have Islamic basis or is it a myth?

    Originally posted by Grimmjow View Post
    My grandma keeps telling me that shaking your leg (you know, when you're impatient or something) is haram because it imitates the kuffar.


    Does anyone know if this has any islamic basis or is it a "cultural" thing?
    Sounds cultural tbh. People usually like to call something 'haram' when it's not if they can't find any actual reason to tell you to stop that you might otherwise listen to.
    I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

    Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Does this have Islamic basis or is it a myth?

      Originally posted by Constant Hope View Post
      Sounds cultural tbh. People usually like to call something 'haram' when it's not if they can't find any actual reason to tell you to stop that you might otherwise listen to.
      I trust my grandma and she's pretty knowledgable, so I was kinda conflicted over whether this is true or not.
      www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Does this have Islamic basis or is it a myth?

        Not from Islaam.
        إن للمتقين مفازا

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Does this have Islamic basis or is it a myth?

          :rofl1:

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Does this have Islamic basis or is it a myth?

            I have heard people telling me, if you keep your prayer mat open when you aren't praying then shaytan gets on it and prays.

            to be honest, I see nothing wrong with that. Its a good thing.
            "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

            Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Does this have Islamic basis or is it a myth?

              Originally posted by samin62 View Post
              I have heard people telling me, if you keep your prayer mat open when you aren't praying then shaytan gets on it and prays.

              to be honest, I see nothing wrong with that. Its a good thing.
              I've had Pakistani friends tell me this, and I thought "Don't you WANT Shaytan to worship Allah? That doesn't make sense! Why would you prevent him if this is true?"
              www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Does this have Islamic basis or is it a myth?

                Stop shaking your leg! :)
                17-07

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Does this have Islamic basis or is it a myth?

                  Originally posted by WhatSheSaid View Post
                  Stop shaking your leg! :)
                  I can't! It's a force of habit!
                  www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Does this have Islamic basis or is it a myth?

                    Originally posted by samin62 View Post
                    I have heard people telling me, if you keep your prayer mat open when you aren't praying then shaytan gets on it and prays.

                    to be honest, I see nothing wrong with that. Its a good thing.
                    But that would be a good thing, wouldn't it? Is it a threat or something?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Does this have Islamic basis or is it a myth?

                      I used to shake my legs all the time until someone who I consider knowledgeable said i shouldn't, never got round to asking and that was a few years ago

                      i tried not to since with success and had forgotten until this thread. so what you grandma says may be correct, but need to check this now

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Does this have Islamic basis or is it a myth?

                        Originally posted by samin62 View Post
                        I have heard people telling me, if you keep your prayer mat open when you aren't praying then shaytan gets on it and prays.

                        to be honest, I see nothing wrong with that. Its a good thing.

                        I heard he imitates you in a mockery way but I don’t know if it has any basis in Islam.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Does this have Islamic basis or is it a myth?

                          Originally posted by Aliyah101 View Post
                          I heard he imitates you in a mockery way but I don’t know if it has any basis in Islam.
                          Well, does this all have a direct impact on you? Think about it, the mosques have full time prayer areas. They're always out flat. So it stands to reason it's just a superstitious statement.

                          If anybody can provide daleel usually that is STRONG, then you should accept it. I also think it's unwise to shake your leg around excessively, but if OP does it the way I think, it's minor. Just some people find it annoying.
                          I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

                          Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Does this have Islamic basis or is it a myth?

                            Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post
                            I used to shake my legs all the time until someone who I consider knowledgeable said i shouldn't, never got round to asking and that was a few years ago

                            i tried not to since with success and had forgotten until this thread. so what you grandma says may be correct, but need to check this now
                            See? If someone could show me Islamic evidence for or against this, it would make life a little easier lol because shaking my leg is a habit.
                            www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Does this have Islamic basis or is it a myth?

                              I've never read or heard anything like this?

                              But I too shake my leg - when I've had too much coffee. :p

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X