Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does this have Islamic basis or is it a myth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this have Islamic basis or is it a myth?

My grandma keeps telling me that shaking your leg (you know, when you're impatient or something) is haram because it imitates the kuffar.

Does anyone know if this has any islamic basis or is it a "cultural" thing?
    www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Re: Does this have Islamic basis or is it a myth?

Originally posted by Grimmjow View Post
    My grandma keeps telling me that shaking your leg (you know, when you're impatient or something) is haram because it imitates the kuffar.

Does anyone know if this has any islamic basis or is it a "cultural" thing?
    Sounds cultural tbh. People usually like to call something 'haram' when it's not if they can't find any actual reason to tell you to stop that you might otherwise listen to.
    I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

Originally posted by Constant Hope View Post
      Sounds cultural tbh. People usually like to call something 'haram' when it's not if they can't find any actual reason to tell you to stop that you might otherwise listen to.
      I trust my grandma and she's pretty knowledgable, so I was kinda conflicted over whether this is true or not.

Comment

Not from Islaam.
        إن للمتقين مفازا

Comment

:rofl1:

Comment

I have heard people telling me, if you keep your prayer mat open when you aren't praying then shaytan gets on it and prays.

to be honest, I see nothing wrong with that. Its a good thing.
            "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Originally posted by samin62 View Post
              I have heard people telling me, if you keep your prayer mat open when you aren't praying then shaytan gets on it and prays.

I've had Pakistani friends tell me this, and I thought "Don't you WANT Shaytan to worship Allah? That doesn't make sense! Why would you prevent him if this is true?"

Comment

Stop shaking your leg! :)
                17-07

Comment

Originally posted by WhatSheSaid View Post
                  Stop shaking your leg! :)
                  I can't! It's a force of habit!

Comment

But that would be a good thing, wouldn't it? Is it a threat or something?

Comment

I used to shake my legs all the time until someone who I consider knowledgeable said i shouldn't, never got round to asking and that was a few years ago

i tried not to since with success and had forgotten until this thread. so what you grandma says may be correct, but need to check this now

Comment

I heard he imitates you in a mockery way but I don’t know if it has any basis in Islam.

Comment

Originally posted by Aliyah101 View Post
                          I heard he imitates you in a mockery way but I don’t know if it has any basis in Islam.
                          Well, does this all have a direct impact on you? Think about it, the mosques have full time prayer areas. They're always out flat. So it stands to reason it's just a superstitious statement.

If anybody can provide daleel usually that is STRONG, then you should accept it. I also think it's unwise to shake your leg around excessively, but if OP does it the way I think, it's minor. Just some people find it annoying.
                          I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post
                            I used to shake my legs all the time until someone who I consider knowledgeable said i shouldn't, never got round to asking and that was a few years ago

i tried not to since with success and had forgotten until this thread. so what you grandma says may be correct, but need to check this now
                            See? If someone could show me Islamic evidence for or against this, it would make life a little easier lol because shaking my leg is a habit.

Comment

I've never read or heard anything like this?

But I too shake my leg - when I've had too much coffee. :p

Comment

Working...
                              X