How to get rid of emotions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get rid of emotions?

So, I've had feelings for someone for a while now. I've always kept my distance but she's always had an effect on me. My exams are coming up and I don't want to mess them up, I used to get very good grades but since I developed strong feelings for her I flunked in subjects like Maths or Science. I only got average grades in those subjects. I try and crush my feelings but I can't get rid of them, during the Summer I felt quite good. I felt like my feelings were gone, then I had a dream about her and it all came rushing back to me. I've been depressed for maybe a year and a half and it's usual for me now. I love her but I never told her, simply because it could never work out between us. There would always be one thing standing in the way. I wouldn't like to disclose many details, but could somebody help me? I unfortunately haven't prayed for a long time, excluding Jummah. I tried to get closer to Allah and get rid of my feelings, but when I felt like I got closer to him I felt like my feelings for her had gotten stronger. She also appears in my dreams and after I wake up I feel terrible, it makes me think about her more.

Re: How to get rid of emotions?

don't get rid of your feelings, redirect them instead, to Allah who's most deserving of such feelings.
    how? starting to pray is a good place.

it may not happen overnight but you'll be taking the first steps to getting there.

you're not a robot void of emotions.
    'And when a thing for which you ask is slow to come,
    Then know that often through delay are gifts received'
    علي الحبشي

Comment

Originally posted by Sirius View Post
      don't get rid of your feelings, redirect them instead, to Allah who's most deserving of such feelings.
      how? starting to pray is a good place.

it may not happen overnight but you'll be taking the first steps to getting there.

you're not a robot void of emotions.
      I tried that but it made my feelings stronger for some reason.

Comment

You cannot get rid of emotions. Only death does that after Allah decreed your time on earth shall naturally end.

I agree with the poster, that you need to re-direct your emotions and get over your infatuation. Clearly it's having a negative experience on you. There is one solution, but clearly it seems you've decided that it wouldn't work out and tbh, marriage isn't something you do before you can honour all your Islamic obligations.
        I write novels for posts. Beware. :mujahida:

Ummah Forum seems pretty black and white. Was thinking of offering Skittles as Dawah to introduce a rainbow.

Comment

Working...
        X