Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parents, how do deal with your baby not being baby anymore?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents, how do deal with your baby not being baby anymore?

Assalamualykum

I absolutely love babies. They are like chocolate to my eyes :D. I love how soft they are, how cute they are. When ever I meet babies, I try to build a rapport with them, and if they are very close to me I carry them on my shoulders, bury my face in their belly and make them laugh, let them bite my hands with their sharp tooth cos they love it :p. I don't know why, I just love babies, even in the streets if I see a baby I peek at them :D, don't know if their parents find it awkward.

But, like I experienced with my 7, 9 years younger sis and bro, they don't remain babies for long. They grow up. :( I tremendously miss those moments I spent with my cute little baby siblings, I'd give anything to get that back.

So, parents, if I feel this emptiness of my siblings not remaining babies anymore, you must feel worse, don't you? How do you deal with your child not remaining that helpless, innocent cute little thing anymore?

Re: Parents, how do deal with your baby not being baby anymore?

It's funny because just earlier today as I was playing with my 9 month old, I missed the time she was just a newborn. Made me realize how fast she is growing up. But as they say, life goes on.
    Allah gave us two ears and one mouth, so we can listen more and talk less.

Comment

my own experience is that with siblings although you feel that they are IT and you do so much with them etc they truly are not anything like your own kids. Neither are nephews and nieces.

I have 7 kids and I was always around babies I am second oldest out of 8 and have siblings who people thought were my kids when I took them out (so a baby sibling in my very late teens early 20's)

my eldest is now in her late teens and honestly she is still my baby and they are still helpless etc to a degree whereas siblings as you rightly said grow up and stop being ''babies''. your own kids in their 40' will be your babies. obviously some changes need to take place LOL as blowing raspberries on a teenagers belly will get you in trouble with them LOL

Comment

For some reason babies and kids are drawn to me.
        "Try to distance yourself from everything that causes you worry and sadness, so that you may always live with peace of mind and an open and tranquil heart, seeking Allah and His worship and working on your worldly and otherworldly matters, for if you try this, you will find rest.

Comment

Oh I must say I also love many hair being pulled by their soft tiny hands. It hurts sometimes, but I love it, damn I wish I had my baby cousins here to spend time with.

Comment

i have always had babies around me - being the oldest of 6, and then having loads of younger cousins.
            and then my 2 came along and now....................:(

i miss them when they were babies.
            i still have memories of things they did when they were babies, the time i spent with them and how drawn they were to me.

how do you deal wiht it - you accept it and you get on with life. just because they are not babies, doesn't mean they dont need you anymore. They do albeit in a different way.

like Green 786, babies are also drawn to me :)
            i really thought when i was growing up i was going to have loads and loads but allah had diff plans for me
            Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Donít ruin your happiness with worry, and donít ruin your mind with pessimism. Donít ruin your success with deception and donít ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Donít ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
            __________________________________________________ _____________________________
            If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesnít prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with duaías being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so donít ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

My 2 year old nephew grabs my hands to play with him. He says to me to "come" lol
              "Try to distance yourself from everything that causes you worry and sadness, so that you may always live with peace of mind and an open and tranquil heart, seeking Allah and His worship and working on your worldly and otherworldly matters, for if you try this, you will find rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Muslima London View Post
                i have always had babies around me - being the oldest of 6, and then having loads of younger cousins.
                and then my 2 came along and now....................:(

i miss them when they were babies.
                i still have memories of things they did when they were babies, the time i spent with them and how drawn they were to me.

how do you deal wiht it - you accept it and you get on with life. just because they are not babies, doesn't mean they dont need you anymore. They do albeit in a different way.

like Green 786, babies are also drawn to me :)
                i really thought when i was growing up i was going to have loads and loads but allah had diff plans for me
                Same here - eldest of 4. I still remember bathing my youngest brother who's now 17 year but he's still a baby in my eyes even though he's much bigger and taller than me, as is my youngest sister and 21 year old brother.

I actually wish they grew up at times so I don't have to worry about them and their future. But I s' pose they'll always be l'il munchkins to me even when they get married and have kids :,)
                Last edited by sunrise867; 18-04-14, 09:58 AM.
                My Lord sanctify my flawed heart
                As You have sanctified Your house,
                Make my heart as protected and as honoured
                In which permission of entry
                Is only granted to a few,
                Please Allah, allow my heart
                To be preserved only for You.

---

It hurts, to watch you leave so soon,
                when I don't know, if I will ever see you again
                In Jannah, we will meet :love:

If I have ever offended, hurt or insulted you, forgive me for the sake of Allah سبحانه وتعالى‎

Comment

Originally posted by Green786 View Post
                  My 2 year old nephew grabs my hands to play with him. He says to me to "come" lol
                  My 2 year old niece always grabs me and points me to the front door screaming "barra!" which is outside in arabic... she is obsessed with going out...

I miss my niece but she is slightly too spoilt because she was the first niece/nephew, she has a sister or brother coming soon though inshallah
                  Bye...

Comment

Originally posted by Maghrebia00 View Post
                    My 2 year old niece always grabs me and points me to the front door screaming "barra!" which is outside in arabic... she is obsessed with going out...

I miss my niece but she is slightly too spoilt because she was the first niece/nephew, she has a sister or brother coming soon though inshallah
                    I think that's how we say it in Bengali too.

Comment

That means..... i can officially speak bengali!

Great! :up:
                      Bye...

Comment

Originally posted by sunrise867 View Post
                        Same here - eldest of 4. I still remember bathing my youngest brother who's now 17 year but he's still a baby in my eyes even though he's much bigger and taller than me, as is my youngest sister and 21 year old brother.

I actually wish they grew up at times so I don't have to worry about them and their future. But I s' pose they'll always be l'il munchkins to me even when they get married and have kids :,)
                        its funnyy though coz my strongest memories are of my brother when he was a baby. i was doing a-levels at the time adn i would pick any excuse to get away from study.
                        so middle of the night - used to run to parents room when i heard him cry. fed him, changed his nappy, put him to bed. masha allah he was a good baby compared to my 2. my brats were clingly.
                        Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Donít ruin your happiness with worry, and donít ruin your mind with pessimism. Donít ruin your success with deception and donít ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Donít ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
                        __________________________________________________ _____________________________
                        If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesnít prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with duaías being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so donít ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

Wa alaykum salaam,

You hit a sensitive subject here..oofff.

I miss the days when my children were babies. Sometimes I wish they could stay babies forever.

For me the toughest part is when I see kids don't need me anymore as much as they used to.
                          They are letting go of me :( at least that's how it feels like to me sometimes.

Like other parents said, to me they will always be my babies, no matter how old they are.
                          My heart will go on

Comment

It's "bahir" or "Baire". Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Muslima London View Post
                              its funnyy though coz my strongest memories are of my brother when he was a baby. i was doing a-levels at the time adn i would pick any excuse to get away from study.
                              so middle of the night - used to run to parents room when i heard him cry. fed him, changed his nappy, put him to bed. masha allah he was a good baby compared to my 2. my brats were clingly.
                              I guess babies are clingy towards their parents, not so much to others. Hence, you felt that way.

Comment

Working...
                              X