Shopping list

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shopping list

Today, as my wife was about to pay the cashier the amount for all the groceries that she had bought, she saw an apple wrapped in a polythene bag on the counter. "This is not mine" She said to the cashier. "Sorry, it's mine" A voice she heard from the person who was next. A man dressed in a cleaner's dress was looking down in embarrassment. He took the apple & paid for it.

It has been 6 hrs since she told me about the incident, but I haven't been able to get rid of the uncomfortable feeling inside me. The state of the workers here in KSA is beyond explanation.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ksa.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	10785687

Someone shared this heart breaking pic on face book. Some of the workers I know have not even been paid for more than 6 months, despite of working more than 12 hours a day. They have been living away from family for more than 5 years. The unbearable heat makes life even more difficult. Makes me feel how un-thankful I sometimes become by taking for granted all the blessings & comfort in life.
    Last edited by Submit To Peace; 17-04-14, 09:14 PM.
    Read not to contradict and confute, not to believe and take for granted, not to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider. Inhale positive, exhale negative

Re: Shopping list

looks like theyre sleeping on the job

Comment

Originally posted by Submit To Peace View Post
      Today, as my wife was about to pay the cashier the amount for all the groceries that she had bought, she saw an apple wrapped in a shopping bag. "This is not mine" She said to the cashier. "Sorry, it's mine" A voice she heard from the person who was next. A man dressed in a cleaner's dress was looking down in embarrassment. He took the apple & paid for it.

It has been 6 hrs since she told me about the incident, but I haven't been able to get rid of the uncomfortable feeling inside me. The state of the workers here in KSA is beyond explanation.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]65290[/ATTACH]

Someone shared this heart breaking pic on face book. Some of the workers I know have not even been paid for more than 6 months, despite of working more than 12 hours a day. They have been living away from family for more than 5 years. The unbearable heat makes life even more difficult. Makes me feel how un-thankful I sometimes become by taking for granted all the blessings & comfort in life.
      are you saying you live in saudi? and the person who put the apple in your wifes cart was a worker in the KSA?. - im slightly confused

Comment

^ No he didn't put it. It came in by mistake, as the belt moves near the cashier.

They sleep during lunch break.
        Read not to contradict and confute, not to believe and take for granted, not to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider. Inhale positive, exhale negative

Comment

As Salaam Ulaikum Wr Wb Brother,

Its extremely sad and i have heard this from a lot of people that Saudis dont treat OR pay labors very well.

May Allah make it easy for them and ease their pain. Ameen

Comment

If you think that's bad watch this
            إن للمتقين مفازا

Comment

Originally posted by ~Sprinkles View Post
              If you think that's bad watch this
              :, (
              My Lord sanctify my flawed heart
              As You have sanctified Your house,
              Make my heart as protected and as honoured
              In which permission of entry
              Is only granted to a few,
              Please Allah, allow my heart
              To be preserved only for You.

---

It hurts, to watch you leave so soon,
              when I don't know, if I will ever see you again
              In Jannah, we will meet :love:

If I have ever offended, hurt or insulted you, forgive me for the sake of Allah سبحانه وتعالى‎

Comment

Originally posted by *Aisha View Post
                Good
                They deserve a break,
                may Allah reward them for the hardship they are in
                As for those who oppress... Allah will deal with them
                "O you who have believed, shall I guide you to a transaction that will save you from a painful punishment?
                (It is that) you believe in Allah and His Messenger and strive in the cause of Allah with your wealth and your lives. That is best for you, if you should know.
                He will forgive for you your sins and admit you to gardens beneath which rivers flow and pleasant dwellings in gardens of perpetual residence. That is the great attainment"

"And (you will obtain) another (favour) that you love - victory from Allah and an imminent conquest; and give good tidings to the believers"

Comment

The story is that a man bought an apple in a shop.

Riveting.

Comment

Originally posted by faatima18 View Post
                    Good
                    They deserve a break,
                    may Allah reward them for the hardship they are in
                    As for those who oppress... Allah will deal with them
                    +1
                    Ibnul Qayyim رحمه الله said: "Don’t ruin your happiness with worry, and don’t ruin your mind with pessimism. Don’t ruin your success with deception and don’t ruin the optimism of others by destroying it. Don’t ruin your day by looking back at yesterday.
                    __________________________________________________ _____________________________
                    If you think about your situation, you will find that Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given you things without asking, so have trust in Allaah (سبحانه وتعالى) that He doesn’t prevent anything you want except there is goodness for you.

You could be sleeping and the doors of the heavens are being opened with dua’as being made on your behalf, SubhanAllaah: perhaps from someone poor whom you helped, or someone sad whom you brought joy, or someone passing by and you smiled at him, or someone in distress and you removed it.. so don’t ever underestimate any good deeds."

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

Title dont befits the post but i am glad i was able to read and understand urdu in that pic, shouldnt it be 'haalaat' and not 'khaalaat'? :s

[email protected]'a

sigpic

Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta Khalaqtani wa ana'abduka, wa ana 'ala 'ahdika wa Wa'dika mastata'tu A'uidhubika min sharri ma sana'tu.' abu'u Laka bi ni 'matika wa'ala abu'u bidhanbi; faghfirli fa'innahu la yaghfiru-dh-dhunuba illa anta.
                      O Allah, You are my Lord, none has the right to be worshipped except You, You created me and I am Your servant and I abide to Your covenant and promise as best I can, I take refuge in You from the evil of which I have committed. I acknowledge Your favour upon me and I acknowledgemy sin, so forgive me, for verilynone can forgive sin except You.

We are accountable for every letter we post here, so think before posting and maintain modesty.

Comment

Working...
                      X