Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreaming about Islam

:salams

I don't know it's okay to discuss dreams, so I'll try not to get into specific details.

If someone is constantly having dreams about Islam or visiting a masjid or praying, does that mean anything? I keep having dreams about it. Before I converted I had dreams about it too. Not that I'm complaining but I wish the dream was reality :(
    Last edited by brightesthour; 17-04-14, 01:35 AM.

Re: Dreaming about Islam

hmm maybe your just thinking about islam too much?

Comment

It depends what its about

There are three types of dreams:

1. Nightmares/bad dreams which are from shaydaan
      2. You dream about what you saw or were thinking or talked about during the day
      3.Dreams that bring you a good message which are usually true
      Say (O Muhammad SAW to mankind):
      “If you (really) love Allāh then follow me (i.e. accept Islāmic Monotheism, follow the Qur’ān and the Sunnah), Allāh will love you and forgive you of your sins. And Allāh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.” (Aali Imran 3:31)

Comment

I remember when I was feeling really down and my iman was suffering.
        Went to sleep and dreamed about the Quran.
        This big Quran book opening and someone highlighting verses for me. Someone reciting verses for me.
        I woke up with random Quran verses that I didn't know before that dream playing in my mind.
        It was the best dream I've ever had :inlove: !
        When we have something on our mind a lot or if it's bothering us we most likely dream of it

Comment

It could be subconscious

When my imaan was *very* low and I was really worried that I wasn't even considered Muslim in my dream (happened twice) i saw the words "those who believe" and all other words were blurred to me.
          "Why Do We Fill Our Hearts With Everything But Allah And Expect Not To Fall Apart"

Comment

I always look for a deeper meaning with my dreams lol

It's amazing how a dream can make your iman higher

Comment

oooh yeh before I forget you can tell others about good dreams but bad ones no.

read this

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) also taught us what to do when someone sees something unpleasant in a dream and wakes up as a result. That is: to spit drily to the left, to seek refuge with Allaah from the Shaytaan, to change the side on which one was sleeping, and to pray if one wishes.

(a) It was reported that Abu Qutaadah said: “The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘Good dreams come from Allaah and bad dreams come from the Shaytaan. If any one of you sees a bad dream which makes him afraid, let him spit drily to his left and seek refuge with Allaah from its evil, then it will not harm him.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3118; Muslim, 2261).

(b) It was reported from Jaabir that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “If any one of you sees a dream that he dislikes, let him spit drily to his left three time, and seek refuge with Allaah from the Shaytaan three times, and change the side on which he was sleeping.” (narrated by Muslim, 2262).

(c) It was reported that Abu Hurayrah said: “The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘If any one of you sees something that he dislikes (in a dream), let him get up and pray, and not tell people about it.’” (narrated by Muslim, 2263)

http://islamqa.info/en/9577

Comment

Originally posted by *Aisha View Post
                oooh yeh before I forget you can tell others about good dreams but bad ones no.

read this

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) also taught us what to do when someone sees something unpleasant in a dream and wakes up as a result. That is: to spit drily to the left, to seek refuge with Allaah from the Shaytaan, to change the side on which one was sleeping, and to pray if one wishes.

(a) It was reported that Abu Qutaadah said: “The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘Good dreams come from Allaah and bad dreams come from the Shaytaan. If any one of you sees a bad dream which makes him afraid, let him spit drily to his left and seek refuge with Allaah from its evil, then it will not harm him.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3118; Muslim, 2261).

(b) It was reported from Jaabir that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “If any one of you sees a dream that he dislikes, let him spit drily to his left three time, and seek refuge with Allaah from the Shaytaan three times, and change the side on which he was sleeping.” (narrated by Muslim, 2262).

(c) It was reported that Abu Hurayrah said: “The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘If any one of you sees something that he dislikes (in a dream), let him get up and pray, and not tell people about it.’” (narrated by Muslim, 2263)

http://islamqa.info/en/9577
                Thanks (:

Comment

True dreams are a part of Prophethood, as it was reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “True dreams are one of the forty-six parts of Prophethood.” (al-Bukhaari, 6472; Muslim, 4201)

subhan Allah

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel101 View Post
                    I remember when I was feeling really down and my iman was suffering.
                    Went to sleep and dreamed about the Quran.
                    This big Quran book opening and someone highlighting verses for me. Someone reciting verses for me.
                    I woke up with random Quran verses that I didn't know before that dream playing in my mind.
                    It was the best dream I've ever had :inlove: !
                    When we have something on our mind a lot or if it's bothering us we most likely dream of it
                    Anyone who sees quranic ayahs in dream is a sign of momin (not muslim but momin...one step ahead).
                    ".......He giveth and spendeth (of His bounty) as He pleaseth. But the revelation that cometh to thee from Allah increaseth in most of them (kuffar) their obstinate rebellion and blasphemy.Amongst them we have placed enmity and hatred till the Day of Judgment. Every time they kindle the fire of war, Allah doth extinguish it;but they (ever) strive to do mischief on earth. And Allah loveth not those who do mischief."(5:64)

Comment

Originally posted by snow_flakes View Post
                      Anyone who sees quranic ayahs in dream is a sign of momin (not muslim but momin...one step ahead).
                      Really? I doubt I am though

I think it was just Allah's way of cheering me up!

Also I back then I used to listen to Quran 24/7 even fall asleep listening to it so maybe that's why I dreamt of it?

Comment

I had a dream that I was an imam at Masjid Al-Haram lol

I was reciting verses I've never heard of

Comment

Originally posted by Mohamed12 View Post
                          I had a dream that I was an imam at Masjid Al-Haram lol

I was reciting verses I've never heard of
                          That's incredible.

A little bit off topic but there was this popular Spanish song and once I had a dream I was singing it in Spanish.

It was weird since I don't know Spanish.

Comment

www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Africa View Post
                              What happened to your post?

Comment

Working...
                              X