Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dawood fasting

:salams

Has anyone tried it before? For how long?

Is it difficult to maintain it or not?

:jkk:
    ~ Don’t trade a house in Jannah :insha:, for a lowly house in this transient world ~

They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it (61 : 8)

Re: Dawood fasting

Waaalaikumyssalam
    What does it mean sis

Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

**** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antę” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

Comment

Originally posted by muzzybee View Post
      Waaalaikumyssalam
      What does it mean sis
      http://islamqa.info/en/47819

Edit: another source http://en.islamtoday.net/artshow-428-3245.htm
      Last edited by Mockingjay; 16-04-14, 07:14 AM.
      ~ Don’t trade a house in Jannah :insha:, for a lowly house in this transient world ~

They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it (61 : 8)

Comment

Oh you mean the fasting of dawud As.
        Yeah it is the best sunnah fasting.

For me it is very hard to implement.Inshaallah.

Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

**** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antę” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

Comment

Originally posted by muzzybee View Post
          Oh you mean the fasting of dawud As.
          Yeah it is the best sunnah fasting.

For me it is very hard to implement.Inshaallah.
          Yes, it is so hard. I've never done it before too. Curious to know if there are people who do it regularly. And is it forever or can we just fast for like one month or two months.

Hope someone can answer.

Comment

I've done it/attempted it and I lasted like 7/8 days.
            Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

It's not supposed to be easy. It's easy in winters though (if you're living in the north), as sun is only up for a very short time. But in summer it's up for long, so it's a bit hard.
              But what about fasting everyday, does anyone know wether fasting on a daily basis is best or fasting only half a year?

Unmarried men are supposed to faste, so I started fasting unless I have long school or I'm going to visit someone or if it's too difficult that day or something like that.
              But think of people like Abu Hurayrah (ra), or those people that are too poor to eat food. If you're poor then food is kinda waste of money when you can survive on bread and water.
              You know, at one point I was very sad that everyone was getting married going to As-Sham and getting martyred and stuff like that, and I was still sitting here like a lazy loser. So I thought I should faste and pray and give more sadaqah and do more dawah work to maintain my self-respect and to please Allah. Also I'm very eager to marry the Hoor Al Ayn and go to jannah and if I don't do something useful I feel like I'm wasting my life like almost everyone else.

Whatever reason you might have, you should start fasting more often, it's not hard.
              I only see 2 obstacles:
              1. Work/study: it becomes difficult to concentrate in class etc. (you need you're daily coffee) - I fix this problem by fasting more on weekends and other holidays, and less in school days.
              2. Workout: It's hard to maintain a high weight and good amount of muscle without eating. Working out is 50% food 50% gym. (But if you're an overweight person you should start fasting, especially cause being fat is very bad in Islam. A sufi scholar spoke about how bad obesity was in islam, and 1 guy amongst the audience started crying in the q/a session because he was fat. Even in christianity obesity is a DEAD SIN) - If anyone knows how to solve the workout/fasting issue, then tell me please. (I heard eating before sleep was good).

Hope it benefits you.
              W/salam.
              Sisters don't rep or joke with me.

Comment

Dawood ( as ) is messenger of Allah ( swt ) , we cannot compete with them in any way . They are special people .

Comment

I think we should attempt to do this like brother ITB. May be once a week, for starter. It seems difficult but who knows we can make a habit out of it :up:

Comment

:salams

Interesting topic, I'd like to try it for sometime
                    Pray. Fast. Zakat. Pilgrimage. Allah.

Comment

You know if you fast Ramadan, 6 fasts after that, 13,14,15 every month, every monday and thursday and other sunnah fasts than it will be more than 150 fasts a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Siddiq View Post
                        You know if you fast Ramadan, 6 fasts after that, 13,14,15 every month, every monday and thursday and other sunnah fasts than it will be more than 150 fasts a year.
                        Of course it's very good idea to fast those days. But if you faste 3 days each week, and a week is 7 days. Say saturday, sunday, monday or something. Then you faste all ramadhan plus the extra 6 days, and also the day of Ashura, then imagine how much ajar you will get. In Islam we should sacrifice our lust and desires for Allah and make devotion instead. If you love food, then what's a greater sacrifice or self-jihad than to fast? The houris need their mahr afterall.

Of course the only obligatory days are the days of ramadhan, but fasting extra is a good way to improve your ajar.
                        W/salam.
                        Sisters don't rep or joke with me.

Comment

Its nice i do it from April- September each year. Helps a lot during the summer and it protects you from gazing at evil things and you lose all the winter fat you put on.

Comment

Originally posted by AhlulQuran88 View Post
                            Its nice i do it from April- September each year. Helps a lot during the summer and it protects you from gazing at evil things and you lose all the winter fat you put on.
                            :masha:

:jkk: that's pretty inspiring!

May Allah accept your fasts and other good deeds.

Comment

Don't think i would be able to do this but i will try one day inshallah and see how far i would get.

Do not invest your hopes in anyone but Allah and do not fear anything but the consequences and repercussions of your sins!

Uthmaan R.A

Comment

Working...
                              X