It makes me sad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It makes me sad

It makes me sad when I hear others saying horrible things about Islam. Especially from people who only know Islam from the media. For instance there is a news station I follow on Facebook and people are asking why they don't say anything about Ramadan and they only mention Christian or Jewish celebrations. People say things like "Because Islam flies people into buildings" or that "Islam is a cult" or they say horrible things about the Prophet Muhammad.

I can't even watch Islamic videos on youtube without people talking about such filth or saying awful things about Islam. It kind of weighs down on the iman...

But anyways the reason I bring this up is because they obviously never studied Islam. They say the same things over and over again, and when you ask them why they say that they respond in such a hateful way that it's hard to even have a civil debate with some of those people. How do you all deal with people like that? I worry when I start wearing hijab I'll be a target since people will know I'm a Muslim then. I don't know how to ignore comments like that. I get pretty emotional when my dad says negative comments about Islam when we're discussing it, it breaks my heart.

Re: It makes me sad

Originally posted by brightesthour View Post
    It makes me sad when I hear others saying horrible things about Islam. Especially from people who only know Islam from the media. For instance there is a news station I follow on Facebook and people are asking why they don't say anything about Ramadan and they only mention Christian or Jewish celebrations. People say things like "Because Islam flies people into buildings" or that "Islam is a cult" or they say horrible things about the Prophet Muhammad.

I can't even watch Islamic videos on youtube without people talking about such filth or saying awful things about Islam. It kind of weighs down on the iman...

But anyways the reason I bring this up is because they obviously never studied Islam. They say the same things over and over again, and when you ask them why they say that they respond in such a hateful way that it's hard to even have a civil debate with some of those people. How do you all deal with people like that? I worry when I start wearing hijab I'll be a target since people will know I'm a Muslim then. I don't know how to ignore comments like that. I get pretty emotional when my dad says negative comments about Islam when we're discussing it, it breaks my heart.
    ignore them there all faggots, when a person is on the right path ppl will try to push him or her oof the path, ignore those comments, just some losers who have no knowledge about islam and they just randomly commentt

Comment

Originally posted by Mujahideen75 View Post
      ignore them there all faggots, when a person is on the right path ppl will try to push him or her oof the path, ignore those comments, just some losers who have no knowledge about islam and they just randomly commentt
      Please don't talk like that brother that's how they talk.

I don't think reacting with threats (I know you're not threatening anyone I'm just talking in general) or using bad language like they do will change their views.

Comment

On youtube I try not to read the comments, no need to...the worst stuff is on yahoo news articles, the comments section under articles that mention Arabs,middle east...etc get some really bad comments.
        Last edited by Tide2006; 15-04-14, 02:32 AM. Reason: oops spelling mistakes

Comment

Originally posted by Tide2006 View Post
          On youtube I try not to read the comments, no need too...the worst dtuff is on yahoo news articles, the comments section under articles that mention Arabs,middle east...etc get some really bad comments.
          I like reading the comments because some people post useful information on there. But it sucks when you pass through the negative, I don't even know why non Muslims who hate Islam so much are so busy looking through Islamic videos.

Oh I know :( reading through the yahoo comments makes me lose faith in humanity. I just try to think that they are cowards and they would never say that to someone face to face, they know they are anonymous so they can get away with it.

Comment

Dont let kafir makes you sad, Allah even let them to have fun in this world, if your Creator letting them to have fun then why you affected by them? remember even all kafir unite they cant reduce the power of Allah even for a slight, so no need to worry okay. Even our prophet Muhammad (saw) cannot change the heart of kafir, only Allah can, so dont waste your energy on them, you get nothing for that, better to use that energy to solve your own problem.

read this, i think it can make you feel better:
            read surah 31, luqman verse 23 and 24.
            read surah 30 ar-rum, verse 52-60.

Comment

I know what you mean, brightesthour. As a response to all this negativity, I try my best to learn Islam properly so I can try to reverse these negative views and explain the real Islam. It's hard not to let it affect you. You encounter some people whose hearts are so hardened and ears closed that they refuse to even hear a word you have to say.

Comment

:salams I would advice not to read those comments as you said it negatively affects your iman. The Kufar want to put any doubt in your heart, and lead you astray.
                www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Africa View Post
                  :salams I would advice not to read those comments as you said it negatively affects your iman. The Kufar want to put any doubt in your heart, and lead you astray.

I'll try. I get curious and read comments and I can't stop myself ;/

By the way do you know if that sister has been on facebook today? I just want to make sure she received it. I don't know if I should try adding her, maybe she didn't see the message I sent

Comment

I'll try. I get curious and read comments and I can't stop myself ;/

By the way do you know if that sister has been on facebook today? I just want to make sure she received it. I don't know if I should try adding her, maybe she didn't see the message I sent
                    I'm not sure to be honest, but yeah add her! I'm sure she wouldn't mind :up:
                    www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Africa View Post
                      I'm not sure to be honest, but yeah add her! I'm sure she wouldn't mind :up:
                      Okay I just don't wanna bother her or anything

Comment

It makes me sad too. I never read the comments though because they make me very furious and it's not worth ruining my mood for some uneducated fools.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake View Post
                          It makes me sad too. I never read the comments though because they make me very furious and it's not worth ruining my mood for some uneducated fools.
                          Even if I don't watch something related to Islam on youtube someone brings it up. Or on news article comments..

For people who claim to hate Islam they sure do love talking about it. When I was a non Muslim (before I got interested in Islam) I was obsessed with making Islam seem bad. Turns out it worked the other way for me :)

Comment

I like reading the comments because some people post useful information on there. But it sucks when you pass through the negative, I don't even know why non Muslims who hate Islam so much are so busy looking through Islamic videos.

Oh I know :( reading through the yahoo comments makes me lose faith in humanity. I just try to think that they are cowards and they would never say that to someone face to face, they know they are anonymous so they can get away with it.

They don’t watch it sis they just leave negative comments as they are trying to make sure you don’t enjoy the video.

Sometimes if you watch several videos you will notice some of the comments are the same because they go through many Islamic videos copying and pasting the comments. I just laugh at their stupidity.
                            Say (O Muhammad SAW to mankind):
                            “If you (really) love Allāh then follow me (i.e. accept Islāmic Monotheism, follow the Qur’ān and the Sunnah), Allāh will love you and forgive you of your sins. And Allāh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.” (Aali Imran 3:31)

Comment

u care?

honestly I couldn't careless I just think to myself wat ignorant people and .thanks to god im not al7mdulillah

Comment

Working...
                              X